Reproduction Cartridges

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

David

Reproduction Cartridges

Post by David » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:41 pm

anyone have any of these?

saw some megadrive ones recently.

a lot of them are very slick and professional looking

looking at a hack of mortal kombat 2 on eBay just now that comes on a proper cartridge with a nice box etc

Spirit of AHB

Re: Reproduction Cartridges

Post by Spirit of AHB » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:07 pm

yeah i own some in the past but the likes of mk2 unlimited and sonic 3 complete are definatly worth having on kart they are far better than the original retail releases in my opinion

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:42 pm

I did consider taking a punt on a repro version of Alien Soldier on the Mega drive but decided against it. There is a Megadrive 1currently on ebay with a repro version of Alien Soldier:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sega-Mega-Dri ... SwFnFWE725

There's also an authentic version of AS on ebay going for just under £200 if anyone fancies it?

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:57 pm

I have a 4 in 1 Megadrive 4 in 1 Repo cart as one of the games was Double Dragon 2.. Also own Megadrive Oh Mummy which the case and cart seems cheaper than the standard Megadrive cart and the manual all foreign.. As you can see cart is a weird shape and cheaper plastic

I got a repro Final Fight 3 Snes off Ebay it was £7 posted and money well spent build quality was superb..

Been tempted to buy a Repro Snow Brothers for the Megadrive
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:57 pm

I belive theres alot of NES repos of either rare games or games that were only released in japan or theres a few that were ported onto arcades like duck hunt so someone has repoed them on nes though i guess thats more homebrew
This guy are sick

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:17 pm

Shinobi wrote:I have a 4 in 1 Megadrive 4 in 1 Repo cart as one of the games was Double Dragon 2.. Also own Megadrive Oh Mummy which the case and cart seems cheaper than the standard Megadrive cart and the manual all foreign.. As you can see cart is a weird shape and cheaper plastic
Not a repro, it's a homebrew and that's how it was sold.
Shinobi wrote:Been tempted to buy a Repro Snow Brothers for the Megadrive
I bought one of these off eBay, excellent game.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:16 pm

I have a few for Mega Man games that are either hacks or region variants that don't exist - stuff like translated versions of Rockman & Forte, or an NTSC version of Mega Man Wily Wars for the Genesis (incredibly well done repro, even the save feature works correctly). Plus I've got Rockman for the PC Engine CD (its a conversion, the game never got released for the PC Engine CD).
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:16 pm

The Laird wrote:
Shinobi wrote:I have a 4 in 1 Megadrive 4 in 1 Repo cart as one of the games was Double Dragon 2.. Also own Megadrive Oh Mummy which the case and cart seems cheaper than the standard Megadrive cart and the manual all foreign.. As you can see cart is a weird shape and cheaper plastic
Not a repro, it's a homebrew and that's how it was sold.
Shinobi wrote:Been tempted to buy a Repro Snow Brothers for the Megadrive
I bought one of these off eBay, excellent game.
That's good to know its a proper release
Does the Megadrive Snow Brothers have extra levels? I remember seeing in Mean Machines Sega that the later levels you play as the girls as the Snowmen get captured Mean Machines had a habit of reviewing prototype and unfinished versions of games like Shinobi 2 and Streets of Rage 3.

So Snow Brothers would have the same casing as oh Mummy
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:38 pm

No sure about extra levels or anything, would have to look that up.

My Snow Brothers has a proper case. It's only Alternativo games that have those cases, they made their own.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:14 am

For the MD, The Everdrive bloke makes some cheap flashable PCBs for about a fiver, so you can make your own

Ive been tempted, but I have a Mega Everdrive for playing

DaveDoc1984

Post by DaveDoc1984 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:17 am

I bought Stealth's Knuckles in Sonic The Hedgehog hack in Cart form for the Mega Drive. Looks good but you can obviously tell its a repro which is a good thing IMO. Wouldn't want rare collectible games being repro'd so well that the seller makes money off of a non genuine game.
In to Retro Gaming Pickup's? Light hearted reviews of both Modern Day and Retro Video Games? Check out my YouTube Channel!

http://www.youtube.com/DaveDoc1984
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 1ESj3JPPnT

MadManDan79

Post by MadManDan79 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:16 am

Snow brothers is a brilliant game, saw it in the arcade. Not an easy game to come across though. Only expensive Jap versions on ebay atm...