Page 3 of 5

Re: This is the worst game I've ever played

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:36 pm
by Sureshot
No Rise of the Robots mention yet? Absolutely awful.

Re: This is the worst game I've ever played

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:41 pm
by adippm82
Sureshot wrote:No Rise of the Robots mention yet? Absolutely awful.
Games Radar recently did another one of their lists, where that dreadful game was only number 100 out of 100 worst games of all time, I did not bother reading any further!

Re: This is the worst game I've ever played

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:56 pm
by stayAwhile
DPrinny wrote: Double Dragon 2600 - AHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
- URGH
Did you ever paly the cassette version of double dragon for the C64 tehe sprites where the wrong colours(which i can forgive as even the master system did this but that was a good port) the only music on it was the music on the menu that was actually mission 1 music and you had to hit a guy forever to make him go away.

double dragon 3 on the spectrum was crap for me to because it wouldnt even load.

but 3 was the best on the amiga for it amazing graphics(for the time) and the nes for renaming billy to bimmy

Re: This is the worst game I've ever played

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:32 am
by DPrinny
Nope, never played it

DD3 was bad anyway, another game that had a good idea (new chararcters that play diffrently unlocked as you go) and did it badliy

Re: This is the worst game I've ever played

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:05 am
by flatapex
a few contenders:

championship hockey- master system. one reason i will never go fullset is because of garbage like that, i begrudge it the memory card space for my everdrives.

rise of the robots- snes. i bought the cart only for 50p because it was 'broken', i repaired it and the blank screen would have been more fun.

ski air mix- ps1. I'll admit I love budget games, when they are good. This was awful, there seems to be no way of scoring at all, even the gameplay vids on youtube have the same problem

Re: This is the worst game I've ever played

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:09 am
by flatapex
Megamixer wrote:Possibly Golden Age of Racing on the PS2. Cheap budget game from Midas which isn't an immediate write-off reason BUT who wants to play a racing game where the opponents tear around the circuit at top speed in a perfect line, never crashing while YOU (the player) a) can't match their speed and b) can't find the insane grip/traction that the computer has. Horrible, horrible game.

Honourable mentions go to:

Marvel Nemesis (PS2)
Sprung: The Dating Game (DS)
Stock Car Crash (PS2)
Crazy Frog Racer (GBA)
Dukes of Hazzard: Racing for Home (PS1)
golden age of racing is a funny one, the cars they are based on (vintage single seaters?) are supposed to handle.....interestingly, all single seaters are very hard to keep in a straight line especially the vintage ones, the main flaw is probably a misprogrammed a.i as they have to be programmed to make mistakes (and in those cars, its not if a mistake is made but when

Re: This is the worst game I've ever played

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:18 am
by ArchaicKoala
flatapex wrote: championship hockey- master system. one reason i will never go fullset is because of garbage like that, i begrudge it the memory card space for my everdrives.
Now there's another example of my many terrible choice of game rentals :lol: I was going through a faze of ice hockey games and decided to rent that... fortunately I was able to rent a second game that weekend and chose Alex Kidd in Shinobi World to go along with it :D

The only positive I ever had for that hockey game was a laughably bad 2 player game with my dad which just involved endless button mashing :lol:

Re: This is the worst game I've ever played

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:41 am
by Matt_B
adippm82 wrote:
Sureshot wrote:No Rise of the Robots mention yet? Absolutely awful.
Games Radar recently did another one of their lists, where that dreadful game was only number 100 out of 100 worst games of all time, I did not bother reading any further!
There are at least 48 games worse than it on the Spectrum version of the Cassette 50. Mind you, I bet none of those were on it either.

Re: This is the worst game I've ever played

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:47 am
by MadManDan79
I remember playing a fighting game on the Amiga round my old mates house.

Not Street fighter (though the Amiga version was IMO one of the worst of that series) or the rather excellent Body Blows. No there was this one where you had a choice of 2 characters and fought each other. It was a button mashing disaster where you just mashed the buttons hoped that a special move would happen and the sounds sounded like the characters and narrator had Laryngitis.

Also there was this weird tank game (also Amiga) where you controlled a tank and had to avoid crashing into pyramids (though they looked like Dairylea cheese triangles) and this skull would laugh at you if you failed to get where you needed to go.

Re: This is the worst game I've ever played

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:06 am
by goldenone
Jailbreak on the ZX Spectrum.

Loved this in the arcade when I was younger and got so excited when I realised it was getting a release for my Speccy. Picked it up for the princely sum of £7.95 (a lot of my pocket money) in a larger than usual cardboard sleeve containing the cassette.

So far so good.....Until I loaded up the game. My heart sank as I was met with a hideous unplayable mess. As much as I tried over the next few days I couldn't get any enjoyment out of the game :(

Re: This is the worst game I've ever played

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:54 pm
by quantum
Bluce_Ree wrote:Image

Superman on the Speccy.

So bad. It's got weird Atari-esque graphics and is basically unplayable filth.
Yeah, I had the for my DOS PC. Local games shop had a tiny collection of PC games (in early 90s) so I took a punt on it. I hoped it would be like the Superman I had played in the arcades... sadly not :oops:

Re: This is the worst game I've ever played

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:12 pm
by Sureshot
Oh man, I almost forgot - All-In Boxing on the Archimedes. Sluggish button-mashing at its finest. I just love how there is literally no emotion from the characters and almost zero animation. Also, what's with having to jump rope and punch bags between rounds? Never saw that on PPV! :lol:

Re: This is the worst game I've ever played

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:22 pm
by Megamixer
flatapex wrote: golden age of racing is a funny one, the cars they are based on (vintage single seaters?) are supposed to handle.....interestingly, all single seaters are very hard to keep in a straight line especially the vintage ones, the main flaw is probably a misprogrammed a.i as they have to be programmed to make mistakes (and in those cars, its not if a mistake is made but when
Yeah, the cars resemble 50's/60's single seaters and they are certainly hard to keep under total control. Spin off and you'll a) never catch the pack or b) incur permanent crippling damage that destroys your race permanently anyway. Obviously this would be fine if it were a realistic racing sim but like you say, the AI just isn't programmed correctly, making the game a waste of time.

Re: This is the worst game I've ever played

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:33 pm
by davyK
Skeet Shoot in the 2600 is devoid of any gameplay or graphics as far as I can see. Even accounting for tech and its age - this was a turkey even then.


God of War. I really wanted to like this. I loved the look of it and really like that sword and legend setting. But my God what a boring game. Run along - meet enemies - mash buttons - repeat. I gave it several tries - couldn't believe it. I found it devoid of any entertainment value once I got over the beautiful looks and polished presentation. An empty experience.

Re: This is the worst game I've ever played

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:05 pm
by tachi
I've played loads of terrible games but I think Def Jam: Icon is possibly the worst.
Everything about it is bloody terrible; the graphics are substandard for a 360 games, the moves are cack and the music abhorrent.
Thankfully I played it when someone I know brought it round so it cost me nothing to discover how terrible it is.