Can you help me recognising this GBC cartridge?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

megaman73

Can you help me recognising this GBC cartridge?

Post by megaman73 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:19 pm

Hi to everyone.
Today i've found in a used toy shop a game (boy) color cartridge inserted into a supergameboy adapter for snes. I've tried it on snes but it doesn't work. The adaptor works fine i think (it shows the gameboy figure) but the cartdrige seems not readable. On the cartridge back there is the nintendo logo but it's not written the place where the item is made (blank space). Seens chinese. There is the code CGB-002 but this code seems referring to a game pak, but i don't know what is a game pak. I've never had a gameboy so i need your help to understand what is it and if it has any value. The picture seems like metal gear solid but i'm not sure. I cannot upload the photo (maybe because it's my second post only). Strangely there is written only "game color" and not gameboy color.

This is a link to a photo of the item: https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=56C76F26

Can you help me?
thanks in advance

killbot

Re: Can you help me recognising this GBC cartridge?

Post by killbot » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:26 pm

It's a pirate cart and probably totally worthless. The Super Game Boy doesn't work with GBC software so if you want to see it running you'll need an original GBC (or a GBA).

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

David

Post by David » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:29 pm

some sort of metal gear bootleg?

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:25 pm

As others have said it's definitely a fake, maybe a copy of this:

If you have a GBC you should give it a try :)