Europe's largest arcade - in Bury !

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

psj3809

Re: Europe's largest arcade - in Bury !

Post by psj3809 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:18 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_fp8VhI-I4

Amazing, look at all those machines !!!

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:38 am

Going with a mate last Friday this month, can't wait!
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

will2097

Post by will2097 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:09 pm

For a brief, and very excitable moment, I thought they meant Bury St.Edmonds. :cry:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:19 pm

Lorfarius wrote:Going with a mate last Friday this month, can't wait!
Hoping to get up there my self one Friday soon

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:41 pm

I've still never been but I see they're open tonight til 1am...

Stuff it, I had no plans for NYE anyway & the Mrs hasn't been arsed with New Year since the turn of the Millennium so why the Hell not.

Should be a laugh seeing in the new year playing Power Drift among a load of strangers.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:51 pm

I would strongly recommend anyone who's thinking about visiting the arcade club to just go, it is an incredible place.

A really good choice of cabs, lovely friendly people & an absolute bargain at a tenner.

With everything on freeplay & the refreshments dirt cheap, that's got to have been the cheapest New Year's out I've ever had.

Got to play sit down Star Wars, STUN Runnner, a hydrolic Outrun & a really slick Warlords cocktail cab. Tried out some stuff on the Occlus Rift, played some really cool pinball machines & was really taken with a crappie old game I'd never heard of before called Space Zap which I adored.

Not to mention Op Wolf, Smash TV, Hyper Sports Bubble Bobble on a HUGE screen & loads of others.

Totally buzzing, brilliant fun.

OR type 99 to continue

ArcadeClub

Post by ArcadeClub » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:05 am

the_hawk wrote:I would strongly recommend anyone who's thinking about visiting the arcade club to just go, it is an incredible place.

A really good choice of cabs, lovely friendly people & an absolute bargain at a tenner.

With everything on freeplay & the refreshments dirt cheap, that's got to have been the cheapest New Year's out I've ever had.

Got to play sit down Star Wars, STUN Runnner, a hydrolic Outrun & a really slick Warlords cocktail cab. Tried out some stuff on the Occlus Rift, played some really cool pinball machines & was really taken with a crappie old game I'd never heard of before called Space Zap which I adored.

Not to mention Op Wolf, Smash TV, Hyper Sports Bubble Bobble on a HUGE screen & loads of others.

Thanks for posting and letting people know about Arcade Club Davey! :) '
Crappie old game' Space Zap will be getting a Hi-Score save Kit soon so scores will be permanent on that machine - a true unheard of classic - as you discovered :)
Amazing things are coming this year to Arcade Club :)

we hope to see some of you soon

Andy

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:33 am

the_hawk wrote:I would strongly recommend anyone who's thinking about visiting the arcade club to just go, it is an incredible place.

Give me a shout when you're next going fella. Love that place !

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:56 pm

ArcadeClub wrote: Thanks for posting and letting people know about Arcade Club Davey! :) '
Crappie old game' Space Zap will be getting a Hi-Score save Kit soon so scores will be permanent on that machine - a true unheard of classic - as you discovered :)
Amazing things are coming this year to Arcade Club :)

we hope to see some of you soon

Andy
My pleasure, I had an absolute blast it's a superb set up, you've really recreated that 80's arcade magic. I'll definitely be back & gunning for a high score on Space Zap, I love simple twitch games & they don't come much simpler or twitchier than that one!
psj3809 wrote:Give me a shout when you're next going fella. Love that place !
Absolutely! New Year's was a very last minute thing, but will give you a shout next time I'm planning a visit.

OR type 99 to continue

MikeFishcake

Post by MikeFishcake » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:19 am

A couple of other people I know went for the first time on NYE and they loved it too. I've been meaning to go for ages, they've asked me a few times, so I'm hoping to go sometime in the next month or two :)

driver695

Post by driver695 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:59 pm

Saw a bid on YT....... and just WOW!

I soooo need to get myself up North pronto.

LonDan

Post by LonDan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:55 am

Have put this on the 'to go' list when I next go back up North to visit my mum.

If I go, I may be some time...

resident paul

Post by resident paul » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:11 am

The arcade club has to change it's logo from a black pacman to a joystick because of Namco scape in the trafford centre was going to make a big fuss about it!

ArcadeClub

Post by ArcadeClub » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:13 pm

resident paul wrote:The arcade club has to change it's logo from a black pacman to a joystick because of Namco scape in the trafford centre was going to make a big fuss about it!
Really? we've changed the logo so it has a wider range than just representing 'Retro' games, we're moving the club into much wider areas this year including VR/PC LAN and much more including supporting the fighting and other communities - this has been on the cards for many months and all the members we asked before we changed liked the new improved logo more! :)

Andy

MikeFishcake

Post by MikeFishcake » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:58 am

ArcadeClub wrote:Really? we've changed the logo so it has a wider range than just representing 'Retro' games, we're moving the club into much wider areas this year including VR/PC LAN and much more including supporting the fighting and other communities - this has been on the cards for many months and all the members we asked before we changed liked the new improved logo more! :)
This has made me even more interested - when I have friends round to play some retro games, we always seem to end up playing some absolutely corking indie games on 4 player, like Starwhal, Speedrunners, Porcunipine, Particle Mace, Sportsfriends and Chompy Chomp Chomp.

If you could have some "pick up and play" areas with games like this where people can just join in with a random group of strangers, playing some multiplayer games, that would be brilliant. (I've not been, so you might have something like this already)

ProjectorGames really nailed this at the Play/Replay expos with their 24 player bomberman clone/racing game and others, and it was a brilliant social atmosphere where people can just dip and in and out when they like.