Dino Dini making a new Kick Off Game for PS4

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Treguard

Re: Dino Dini making a new Kick Off Game for PS4

Post by Treguard » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:12 am

Still reckon it'd play a better game of football than England did last night.

English Invader

Post by English Invader » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:11 am

I liked DD's introduction to the project but I'm disappointed that it's going to be a Sony exclusive (but kudos to them for giving him a free dev kit).

I may have to rethink the Vita. The main thing that puts me off getting one is that it's history on then high street and I wonder how long it's going to be before Sony pulls the plug on online support for the system but if the indie business model is working for them it may be around for a while.

[facepalm] Didn't read the whole thread before posting and now realise that it's been released and that it's apparently not very good :oops: .
Last edited by English Invader on Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:12 am

Treguard wrote:Still reckon it'd play a better game of football than England did last night.
That's not saying much. The wheelie bins in my street would play a better game of football than england did last night.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:17 am

Interesting seeing Dino's reaction. I never paid attention to his barny with Stu Campbell back in the day but the way he's handling this isn't great.

His whole defense seems to be 'I said the whole game wasn't finished yet' and 'well people on Twitter really like it' as opposed to admitting he released a rushed piece of cack.

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:27 am

Link?

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:09 am

The Beans wrote:
Treguard wrote:Still reckon it'd play a better game of football than England did last night.
That's not saying much. The wheelie bins in my street would play a better game of football than england did last night.
They could form a decent wall anyway. Was so close to buying this then read the thread. Saved me £8.

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:43 pm

AceGrace wrote:Link?
His Twitter account is just him seeking out any positive comments and retweeting them while inferring that any bad comments are because reviewers don't know how to play the game. He's entirely on the defensive with that stuff. Is also blocking a lot of accounts that aren't positive and apparently trying to take down negative vids on youtube. There's an account called Kick Off World who are following it more. This video from Dino was quite telling.

https://twitter.com/KickOffWorld/status ... 6760756224

The Metacritic round up for this game is legit brutal - http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... ff-revival - and the only really positive review I saw for it gave it 8 for sound and graphics and 10 for playability. The sound is, at best, a 2. It's a game devoid of any atmosphere. It plays worse than it sounds.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:53 pm

Damn, it's entertaining when a dev goes mental because people don't like the product. :lol:
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

big mean bunny

Post by big mean bunny » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:41 am

I haven't played it as don't have a PS4, however kickoffworld are doing the opposite of Dini and told retweeting any negative stuff, which is based to a previous falling out they had, Kickoffworld are/were making their own game and using the kick off name and from what I can tell they got in a spat with Dino Dini.

The other day they had a video of some bad keeping resulting in a horrendous own goal, however they post it again saying the game was terrible because the players on the other side celebrate the goal even though know of them scored it. Which just seems incredibly petty from them.

Addition: I think they might actually be linked to that DX soccer 2 game which is decent and has a nice old school feel to it, although it's also lacking polish.
Episode 14 now out 14th of Sept - Sega Mega drive £25 games challenge

Invert Y gaming podcast - the only way to play, news, chat and challenges, by gamers, for gamers.

http://invertypodcast.podomatic.com or Invert Y on iTunes

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:08 am

kick off world make after touch soccer which is a port of ko2 they employ steve screech who fell out with dino after ko2 thus dino made goal and steve made ko3, basicly kow dislike dino for no reason.

yes kor has bugs and missing features but dino admits it was released early but he's been workin on patch 1 and hopes to support the game after this.

with all that said as a swos fan I still love kor as do my fifa friends I got to test the new build and its great it even has a full tutoriial now. i like it but others may not fair enough, but kow are trolling so n sos.
This guy are sick

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:50 am

Doesn't Dino have a history of ranting at anyone that doesn't agree with him?

Kick off had lots of bugs.

Does he really think it is OK to release an unfinished game and not understand why people think it is awful?

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:03 am

AceGrace wrote:Doesn't Dino have a history of ranting at anyone that doesn't agree with him?

Does he really think it is OK to release an unfinished game and not understand why people think it is awful?
to be fair he has explained he had a set dead line to meet and he had to work day and night on the patch to adress problems and having tested the new build it's better now plus hes working on new features
This guy are sick

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:00 am

stayAwhile wrote:
AceGrace wrote:Doesn't Dino have a history of ranting at anyone that doesn't agree with him?

to be fair he has explained he had a set dead line to meet and he had to work day and night on the patch to adress problems and having tested the new build it's better now plus hes working on new features
It's a mess. If it's not finished you shouldn't release it. It's the equivalent of us releasing an issue of retro gamer with 3 articles in it and promising the rest at a later date.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:40 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
stayAwhile wrote:

It's a mess. If it's not finished you should release it. It's the equivalent of us releasing an issue of retro gamer with 3 articles in it and promising the rest at a later date.
why should you release an unfinished game?

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:57 pm

Because countless publishers have proven they can get away with it