NEW THE KING OF FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ShadowMan

Re: NEW THE KING OF FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:46 pm

Always good to see Kim back, and I really am more interested in this game now compared to SF5 after all the issues I've had with it. If SNK nail the net code and content then this has a shot of beating SFV for me this year.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:50 pm

Miss read her name as "Savlie" as in Jimmy

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeB-4s1Cho4

This was so

PREDICTABOLL!!!

Also apparently the creator of this game is looking to make a sequel to Garou.................

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:55 pm

Geese looks bloody awesome - can't wait to play as him :)

Noticed a comment on that video that said "already more complete than Street Fighter V" :lol: . It's true though!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:16 pm

Geese is all I wanted. Can't wait now! Glad Ryo keeps his original AOF stance instead of his '96 stance.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:17 pm

Shame there's no Eiji or Mr Karate on that reveal list.. Looks like Mudman from World Heroes is the last boss and what's a dragon or Lizard doing in the roster?
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:00 am

Shinobi wrote:what's a dragon or Lizard doing in the roster?
Dinosaur

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:20 pm

Shinobi wrote:Shame there's no Eiji or Mr Karate on that reveal list.. Looks like Mudman from World Heroes is the last boss and what's a dragon or Lizard doing in the roster?
As Prinny illustrates, it looks like Tizoc from Garou with a new appearance. Pretty sure Eiji was only in KOF XI as one of many bonus characters so I'm not surprised to see him not make an appearance. Personally I'd like to see B.Jenet but we can't have them all.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:13 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Shinobi wrote:Shame there's no Eiji or Mr Karate on that reveal list.. Looks like Mudman from World Heroes is the last boss and what's a dragon or Lizard doing in the roster?
As Prinny illustrates, it looks like Tizoc from Garou with a new appearance. Pretty sure Eiji was only in KOF XI as one of many bonus characters so I'm not surprised to see him not make an appearance. Personally I'd like to see B.Jenet but we can't have them all.
Is this a dream match up as Geese is dead in the SNK universe as in Garou Terry trains Rock Howard, Geese's son for killing his Pa by putting him through a window so if 'Tizoc' is in there Geese couldn't be? Are they breaking they're own rules and bringing dead characters back, or me just reading to much into it.. If they are using Garou characters I would love M Genet as a playable character.. Speaking of Garou the masked man I was telling you I thought was the last Boss on AOF 3 he was actually on Garou.. Can't for the life of me think of his name he looked like Geese wearing a Mask.. The mask reminded me of Masked Kane but with horns

Regarding Garou I fought somebody called Cain who wasn't a playable character very effeminate looking guy in a white suit never beat him typically cheap boss.. I imagine the Masked man either comes after him or is fought in a similar way to fighting Ryo in Fatal Fury Special or Geese in AOF 2 as in not losing a round...

Maybe it is Geese under the mask, I can't find the guy whilst googling but did find this..

King of Dinosaurs

An evil and mysterious “heel” (a.k.a. a “rudo” in lucha libre) wrestler who wears a tyrannosaurus mask appears! Is he about to devour all the veteran fighters? Human or beast? Who hides behind the mask?!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:17 pm

The Fatal Fury and KOF continuity's aren't the same. Geese dies in Real Bout 1 in the FF continuity but KOF diverted at some point so its not the case. See the renegade ending (Billy, Yamazaki, Gato) in KOF 2K3 - they are working for Geese who is very much alive. And I'm glad for that, as he's an awesome character and one I've wanted to see return for ages.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:37 pm

ShadowMan wrote:The Fatal Fury and KOF continuity's aren't the same. Geese dies in Real Bout 1 in the FF continuity but KOF diverted at some point so its not the case. See the renegade ending (Billy, Yamazaki, Gato) in KOF 2K3 - they are working for Geese who is very much alive. And I'm glad for that, as he's an awesome character and one I've wanted to see return for ages.
Yamazaki that's the guy with his hands down his pants? The thing with Geese in the hands of a good player he was almost unbeatable with his high/low reversals on Fatal Fury Special.. There was a guy who could perfect every character in Fatal Fury Special in our local arcade and he always used to join me in 2 player and beat me... Geese I assume will be toned down for KOF or a hidden code ala Mr Karate, Rugal/Omega/Rugal as the cheap game breaking bosses..

Then again a lot of the Fatal Fury 1 cast where never used again such as the M Bison/Boxer Clone, Richard Myer's and Duck King as I belive you see Krauser kill them in the cut scene's saying something along the lines "You where supposed to be World Champions"

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:16 pm

Shinobi wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:The Fatal Fury and KOF continuity's aren't the same. Geese dies in Real Bout 1 in the FF continuity but KOF diverted at some point so its not the case. See the renegade ending (Billy, Yamazaki, Gato) in KOF 2K3 - they are working for Geese who is very much alive. And I'm glad for that, as he's an awesome character and one I've wanted to see return for ages.
Yamazaki that's the guy with his hands down his pants? The thing with Geese in the hands of a good player he was almost unbeatable with his high/low reversals on Fatal Fury Special.. There was a guy who could perfect every character in Fatal Fury Special in our local arcade and he always used to join me in 2 player and beat me... Geese I assume will be toned down for KOF or a hidden code ala Mr Karate, Rugal/Omega/Rugal as the cheap game breaking bosses..

Then again a lot of the Fatal Fury 1 cast where never used again such as the M Bison/Boxer Clone, Richard Myer's and Duck King as I belive you see Krauser kill them in the cut scene's saying something along the lines "You where supposed to be World Champions"
I think Geese was powered down for newer games, but his reversals were pretty brutal in the right hands. I could never get the hang of them myself.

Duck King was used again - he turned up in Special, and then the Real Bout series, however Krauser did beat them up in 2 (I think Tung Fu Ru might have been there as well). Richard Myers never appeared as an adversary again, but he trained his apprentice - Bob in Fatal Fury 3 and up.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:55 pm

^^^ Also worth mentioning that Duck King is playable in KOF XI while Richard Myers is playable in Maximum Impact 2 :)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:41 pm

Recently revealed that Hidetoshi Ishizawa a.k.a Neo_G who has worked for Capcom on the likes of Darkstalkers, Capcom Vs SNK 2, Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter III and Street Fighter Alpha 2 has left Capcom and moved to SNK.

Seems to be a significant move considering that SNK are interesting in reviving more of their fighting game franchises after KOF XIV. Potentially exciting times...

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:50 pm

Megamixer wrote:Recently revealed that Hidetoshi Ishizawa a.k.a Neo_G who has worked for Capcom on the likes of Darkstalkers, Capcom Vs SNK 2, Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter III and Street Fighter Alpha 2 has left Capcom and moved to SNK.

Seems to be a significant move considering that SNK are interesting in reviving more of their fighting game franchises after KOF XIV. Potentially exciting times...
New Fatal Fury game would make me so happy. Make it part Mark of the Wolves 2 and part Real Bout 3 and I'm sold! Oh, and a new Metal Slug would be awesome as well.