My Collection

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Mortis

Re: My Collection

Post by Mortis » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:30 am

Big Shoes wrote:
The Laird wrote:Looks like you need more Nintendo :P

90% of the stuff I get is from car boot sales, but it gets harder each year, less stuff, more people collecting or buying to sell it on or people asking Ebay prices for stuff!

You got 90% of your stuff from car boots....oh come on seriously? All those Gameboys and Phillips etc?

I need to move next door to you sir as I got to lots of car boots all over the south and only find PS2 games and Ps1 if lucky.

Big Shoes

Post by Big Shoes » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:43 am

Yes, most of my stuff is from car boots, check out the car boot thread, I post up all the stuff i buy each week. I haven't been for about 3 weeks as we are buying a house at the mo. Things that I bought on eBay, Wonderswan, PC Engine, PC Engine GT, Gameboy Micro, Wii-U, Sega Nomad, Atari Lynx 1, Xbox One and Neo Geo. Everything else is from the car boots inc 99% of my 1000+ games.

Mortis

Post by Mortis » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:06 am

May I ask if you what point of the compass you live in the country.

I would guess North West which is nowhere near me. If it's to personal I understand. I just can't believe how good the car boots are in that area of the country. If its too intrusive a q, I apologise.

There is a car boot section on here....I am new and cannot find any buying or selling topics on here let alone car boot threads. Where are they all.

Many thanks

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:14 am

Depends how long he's been at it too. I have swathes of games across a range of systems from charity shops, as I started scouring them abut 20 years ago when there was more of it about and before retro became mass market.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Big Shoes

Post by Big Shoes » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:21 am

Mortis wrote:May I ask if you what point of the compass you live in the country.

I would guess North West which is nowhere near me. If it's to personal I understand. I just can't believe how good the car boots are in that area of the country. If its too intrusive a q, I apologise.

There is a car boot section on here....I am new and cannot find any buying or selling topics on here let alone car boot threads. Where are they all.

Many thanks
No problem mate, I live in Sussex, I go to 3 boot sales every Sunday, get up at 5-50 and get back at about 12-30.

The car boot thread is here:- http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=10371

I have been collecting since about 2003, sold most of my stuff in 2007 to get married and started collecting again about 3 years ago, so most of the stuff I have is from the last 3 years.

Paul

Mortis

Post by Mortis » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:02 pm

Big Shoes wrote:
Mortis wrote:May I ask if you what point of the compass you live in the country.

Many thanks
No problem mate, I live in Sussex, I go to 3 boot sales every Sunday, get up at 5-50 and get back at about 12-30.

The car boot thread is here:- http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=10371

I have been collecting since about 2003, sold most of my stuff in 2007 to get married and started collecting again about 3 years ago, so most of the stuff I have is from the last 3 years.

Paul

Sounds like I've got Big Shoes to fill...... :D

Sorry couldn't resist a pun.

Yes 550 in the morning is proper dedication and presume you are doing you own stand and its much easier grabbing the early bargains being a seller unlike me getting their later being a buyer. Got loads of games to car boot so should do it but still don't think the market in my area is niche enough unlike your area.

Charity shops have the quality and car boots have the quantity from what I have been seeing for a while. It would be a 1 in a 1000 car boot chance if a Snes game turned up at a car boot i'm sure of it.

Big Shoes

Post by Big Shoes » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:37 am

I have been updating the list on the first post over the winter with my buys, this is my collection as it stands now.

Analog

Post by Analog » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:51 am

wow! fantastic collection :D

lupogtiboy

Post by lupogtiboy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:23 am

Ahh so you're the one who buys all the cool retro stuff at Pease Pottage and Rusper boot sales now! I used to get quite a bit from Hook Arena but I don't see so much these days. mind you I'm a bit on the lazy side on a Sunday morning, 9am is too early really!
Its small, its fast, its just gone past! www.clublupo.co.uk

Big Shoes

Post by Big Shoes » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:06 pm

lupogtiboy wrote:Ahh so you're the one who buys all the cool retro stuff at Pease Pottage and Rusper boot sales now! I used to get quite a bit from Hook Arena but I don't see so much these days. mind you I'm a bit on the lazy side on a Sunday morning, 9am is too early really!
Yes, that is me. I do those and Sayers Common occasionally.

lupogtiboy

Post by lupogtiboy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:43 pm

Same! We have probably crossed paths and never known!
Its small, its fast, its just gone past! www.clublupo.co.uk

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:10 pm

Tis true, back in the day, there was plenty of joy to be found in the many charity shops across Crawley town centre, the boot fairs up there seem to still be providing plenty of goods too.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.