What's your Tablet?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Big Shoes

Re: What's your Tablet?

Post by Big Shoes » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:12 am

iPad Mini 2, 64gb

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:15 am

I don't use one. I bought an ipad but the missus has claimed it as her own. I also have a JXD but haven't got round to setting it up, I do most of my retro gaming on my Pandora.

pantal00ns

Post by pantal00ns » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:17 am

Hudl 2, used a Gift card and double up vouchers, only cost me about £40 of my own money.

Can't fault it, not the best, but by no means the worst on the market. Mainly used for gaming, actually about the only thing I use for gaming now. :?

gman72

Post by gman72 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:33 am

Just my JXD 7800b that I use primarily for retro stuff.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

NickThorpe

Post by NickThorpe » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:54 am

iPad Mini 2, 16GB. Mostly used for light web browsing and digital card games.

Timothy Redux

Post by Timothy Redux » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:47 pm

Nexus (7?) - mainly for quick browsing and for kids to use. It's OK for the price
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:23 pm

I thought the Nexus 7 was excellent when it was first released, but time has moved on a bit in the intervening three years and, sadly, Google aren't offering a replacement in the same price bracket; there's only the larger Nexus 9 and the outsize phone that is the Nexus 6, both of which are much more expensive. For about the same money, it's either the Hudl 2 or the MeMO Pad 8 these days, neither of which look like much of a leap forwards.

I think I'll probably just hang on until the Shield Tablet 2 hits the market later this year; the original model was very tempting, but the reports of it running hot and the eventual recall put me off. It could be interesting to see games like Crysis 3 running on Android; even the Surface Pro 3 can't quite manage that at playable frame rates.

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:19 am

Ipad 3 here. Bought it in 2012 and couldn't live without it. It's official home is under the settee so when the wife has claimed the telly I can watch Netflix, YouTube, play games etc.
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

Timothy Redux

Post by Timothy Redux » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:39 am

Matt_B wrote:I thought the Nexus 7 was excellent when it was first released, but time has moved on a bit in the intervening three years and, sadly, Google aren't offering a replacement in the same price bracket; there's only the larger Nexus 9 and the outsize phone that is the Nexus 6, both of which are much more expensive. For about the same money, it's either the Hudl 2 or the MeMO Pad 8 these days, neither of which look like much of a leap forwards.

I think I'll probably just hang on until the Shield Tablet 2 hits the market later this year; the original model was very tempting, but the reports of it running hot and the eventual recall put me off. It could be interesting to see games like Crysis 3 running on Android; even the Surface Pro 3 can't quite manage that at playable frame rates.
Yer, I did one android update on the Nexus 7 and it wasn't quite as good after that. Now I've got an iphone 6 plus, that's really reduced my tablet usage
The Artist Formerly Known as Timothy Lumsden...

TheDude18

Post by TheDude18 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:18 am

2 iPad 2s (One for me, one for my eldest) and a Lenovo tablet for the missus. Of the two types its the (considerably cheaper) Lenovo that's impressive. Better sound, connection options, SD Card and so on. Great with a Chromecast.

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:45 am

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1"

It's getting on a bit.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

sscott

Post by sscott » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:48 am

I am irritated that my iPad won't properly link to my sonos WiFi set up, apparently a patch isn't available to stream automatically from apple music until the new year, why so long???

As I have invested so much through purchases in iTunes it makes no sense to change platform, that's how they get you I guess! However I feel some moral high ground having paid for artists work!

leefishuk

Post by leefishuk » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:17 am

Kindle Fire - perfect for reading.