You have all been very naughty boys and girls, and for your crimes (you know what they are! ) you have all been bansished to spend the rest of your miserable lives on a desert island.
You know the drill, if you could only take 20 games with you to play for the rest of your life, what would they be?
But here's the snag, there is only one copy of each game available, meaning only one person can own and play any specific game.
- You can't pick a port of a game that somebody has already chosen, so if somebody picks SF2, you can't pick SF2 spefically for the Megadrive for example.
- Similarly you can't pick a different specific editon (like a Game Of The Year Edition) of a game that somebody has already picked.
- You cannot pick a remake, well actually you can, but if another person picks Resident Evil, then you cannot pick 'REmake'. Only the poster picking Resident Evil can play the remake (which they don't have to specify with a seperate pick). Ie the original poster can have any version of the game they want, and all other ports of that game are no longer avaliable, unless...
- You can however pick a version of a game that is drastically different, so for example if somebody has picked the console version of POP:Sands of Time, then you could pick the GBA version.
- Only one compilation is allowed per poster, the games in that compilation will still be availaible seperately to other posters.
- The draft will generally be first come first served, however you can only make another pick after at least 10 other posters have made picks since your last one. Needless to say only one pick at a time.
Basically use common sense, part of the 'fun' is going to be seeing how many desirable and personal favorite games you can snag at the expense of everyone else, if we all use loopholes and sneaky work-arounds to pick out favourite games then it defeats the point.
I think a list of 20 is a good start, however if by some miracle this thread takes off then I see no reason not to keep it going.
Don't be afraid to pick multiplayer games and online games, you won't be alone on the desert island so you can still play them, however you can't depend on somebody else having a multiplayer game you want to play, you'll have to pick it in order to play it.
Once/if this thread gets going, be sure you use the thread search function to check a game you want hasn't already been taken.
I suggest with each pick we maintain a list of our games.
So for example your first post would look like:
then your second post:1. Game A
And so on.1. Game A
2. Game B
Though by all means give your reasoning for your choices aswell, and comment and chat about each other's picks too.
And so with that, first come first served, let the Desert Island Game Draft begin!