Its Ouya for the over

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

DPrinny

Its Ouya for the over

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:04 pm

http://www.pcgamer.com/razer-confirms-ouya-acquisition/

For something that I was behind till it came out then it just smelled like one im surprised it lasted this long.
It kinda had the right idea, trouble is a lot of android games are free cash grabs made for touch screens, it could of been good if people made games for it rather than using it as a bloody emulator device, a £99 emulator device where a £50 Android box will do the same but better

If I see one for £20 in a bargain bin ill nab it as a rather techy paperweight and that I seem to be attracted to crappy games machines (still after a jag CD)
Last edited by DPrinny on Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt_B

Re: Ouya is over

Post by Matt_B » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:24 pm

I can't say I was even that enthusiastic at the conceptual stage. Let's face it, they vastly underestimated what's required to launch a games console these days and, although they got the hardware to market, their "if we build it, they will come" approach to its software library was never going to yield much more than ports of the games that every other machine under the sun was getting.

And nothing kills a console like a lack of standout exclusive games.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:37 pm

Matt_B wrote:
So 3 years for PS4/XBOX1?

junkmale

Re: Its Ouya for the over

Post by junkmale » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:06 pm

Umm...must admit to a certain level of disappointment at the news.
Ouya never had the might of a Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft behind it and with the glut of similar Android based devices surfacing in the Far East it was always going to struggle.

In that climate and in this day and age the developers deserve some credit for at least giving in a good go?
Personally i don't use my Ouya much but as a standalone console i think it's a fine effort.
Sorry for those who have, no doubt, ploughed a lot of money into the business idea of it only to see it fail.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:55 pm

DPrinny wrote:
Matt_B wrote:
So 3 years for PS4/XBOX1?
I think the exclusive drought on both is a tad exaggerated. It's not like the Ouya even had something a tenth as attractive as Sunset Overdrive of Bloodborne, let alone the promise of a Halo or Uncharted.

Besides, most people would still buy one or the other for the multi-platform games; it'll be either that or a gaming PC now that PS360 development has largely wound down.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:29 pm

Get a decent spec PC, modern console games come out on PC anyway, well a few dont, but balls to them

General Opulence

Post by General Opulence » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:43 am

DPrinny wrote:Get a decent spec PC, modern console games come out on PC anyway, well a few dont, but balls to them
Not everyone want's to spend alot of money on a PC, or tbh use a PC for gaming.

The Ouya was ok for what it was, if anyone thought or bought it for more that was their problem, it was a cheap Android, media, emulation indie android game machine, and opened the market for bigger and better machines we have now i.e nVidia TV.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:52 am

DPrinny wrote:Get a decent spec PC, modern console games come out on PC anyway, well a few dont, but balls to them
Last 8 games I completed on never came out on PC ( dead rising 3, Forza horizons 2, Forza 5, Killer instinct, Mario 3d world, mariokart 8, smash bros, Hyrule warriors ) and my Next buy is Rare Replay and just bought Yoshis wooly world.. so thats not true, for me at least.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:56 am

RodimusPrime wrote:
Last 8 games I completed on never came out on PC ( dead rising 3, Forza horizons 2, Forza 5, Killer instinct, Mario 3d world, mariokart 8, smash bros, Hyrule warriors ) and my Next buy is Rare Replay and just bought Yoshis wooly world.. so thats not true, for me at least.
You know what the thing is there

Get a decent PC and what ever Nintendo bring out

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:00 am

DPrinny wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:
You know what the thing is there

Get a decent PC and what ever Nintendo bring out
Nothing against PCs, But I have no interest in PC gaming.

Had my time with PC gaming and just do not have the enthusiasm for it any longer. I will not knock it as there are plenty of great games, its just not for me.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:05 am

RodimusPrime wrote:
Yeah, like I said the drought is somewhat exaggerated. And the Wii U has been positively brimming with great exclusives for the past year or so; it's just a shame that the machine had such a poor first year and ended up getting passed over for most of the multiplats.

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:12 pm

It was a neat idea, pity it did not make anymore noise after it came out.

It was always on my "To Pick Up" list, but meh, like most things on the list I never got round to it.....
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:53 am

Just to add insult to injury, Ouya have left the developers who did support it with exclusive games out of pocket:

http://www.droidgamers.com/index.php/ga ... llion-fund

I suppose everyone who avoided it like the plague feels doubly vindicated now.

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:42 am

Google needs to get Android gaming working.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever used the Moga Pro Power? I'm due a new phone soon and would be tempted to buy one of these to go with it.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:20 am

greenberet79 wrote:Google needs to get Android gaming working.
They need to check there bloody store for clones

ITS FULL OF THEM, also quality checking games, the Android market place could be awesome and the way for protable gaming

BUT THEN YOU GET 1000S OF SODDING FLAPPY BIRD CLONES!!