Today's newly announced remaster: Megaman Legacy Collection

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Skrunch
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 9:40 am

Re: Today's newly announced remaster: Megaman Legacy Collect

Post by Skrunch » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:21 am

Glad I've held off playing the games for this long. Now I can finally dive into the series fully.

ALK
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: Today's newly announced remaster: Megaman Legacy Collect

Post by ALK » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:54 pm

The achievements are up. Mostly just beat the games and various Challenge mode stuff, but it's something.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/me ... ievements/
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11109
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Today's newly announced remaster: Megaman Legacy Collect

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:39 am

ALK wrote:The achievements are up. Mostly just beat the games and various Challenge mode stuff, but it's something.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/me ... ievements/
Posted that on the previous page :wink: I'm a tad disappointed that they are so straight forward, I wanted stuff more akin to 9 and 10's runs which forced you to not die, not use any items etc. Those were really fun and challenging. Unless of course the challenge mode is that diverse, I'll have to wait and see.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
batman877
Posts: 1577
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:53 am
Location: Derbyshire

Re: Today's newly announced remaster: Megaman Legacy Collect

Post by batman877 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:06 am

ShadowMan wrote: Posted that on the previous page :wink: I'm a tad disappointed that they are so straight forward, I wanted stuff more akin to 9 and 10's runs which forced you to not die, not use any items etc. Those were really fun and challenging. Unless of course the challenge mode is that diverse, I'll have to wait and see.
I envy your ability to complete hard games - I personally hate trophies/achievements where you have to do something difficult without dying/getting hit etc. As soon as I see them I think I'll never get 100%.

I've got the original Mega Man Collection 1-8 for my Gamecube, but I may still get these just for the trophies - but I will wait for the physical release next year...
Image

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11109
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Today's newly announced remaster: Megaman Legacy Collect

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:25 am

batman877 wrote:
ShadowMan wrote: Posted that on the previous page :wink: I'm a tad disappointed that they are so straight forward, I wanted stuff more akin to 9 and 10's runs which forced you to not die, not use any items etc. Those were really fun and challenging. Unless of course the challenge mode is that diverse, I'll have to wait and see.
I envy your ability to complete hard games - I personally hate trophies/achievements where you have to do something difficult without dying/getting hit etc. As soon as I see them I think I'll never get 100%.

I've got the original Mega Man Collection 1-8 for my Gamecube, but I may still get these just for the trophies - but I will wait for the physical release next year...
Years of practice in this case. The games aren't as hard as the Ghosts n Goblins series in my opinion, which in turn aren't as tough as most of the retro games in the Rare collection I'm playing at the moment (Battletoads...).
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
Treguard
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:13 am

Re: Today's newly announced remaster: Megaman Legacy Collect

Post by Treguard » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:44 am

ShadowMan wrote:Capcom confirmed the release date for the game is August 25th, not long to wait then! Also the game will get a retail release next year for PS4, Xbox One and 3DS. Great news, finally something new to add to my Megaman collection!
Also, semi Megaman related news - Mighty Number 9 has been delayed yet again and is aiming for a Q1 2016 release date...
Is August 25th the date for the 3DS as well in the digital version?

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11109
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Today's newly announced remaster: Megaman Legacy Collect

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:07 am

Treguard wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:Capcom confirmed the release date for the game is August 25th, not long to wait then! Also the game will get a retail release next year for PS4, Xbox One and 3DS. Great news, finally something new to add to my Megaman collection!
Also, semi Megaman related news - Mighty Number 9 has been delayed yet again and is aiming for a Q1 2016 release date...
Is August 25th the date for the 3DS as well in the digital version?
Nope. That has no date and will be released "later". I'm mainly interested in the 3DS version if they implement 3D properly on the game, as other 2D platformers like Shovel Knight looks amazing in 3D.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11109
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Today's newly announced remaster: Megaman Legacy Collect

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:24 am

The digital version of the game is out today. Early word is that the PS4/Xbox One versions are excellent, the PC version has various issues somehow... I'll post my thoughts later today, hopefully along with some vids since for the first time I'll be able to record my playthroughs with the PS4 share button :mrgreen:
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
Treguard
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:13 am

Re: Today's newly announced remaster: Megaman Legacy Collect

Post by Treguard » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:24 am

ShadowMan wrote:The digital version of the game is out today. Early word is that the PS4/Xbox One versions are excellent, the PC version has various issues somehow... I'll post my thoughts later today, hopefully along with some vids since for the first time I'll be able to record my playthroughs with the PS4 share button :mrgreen:
Any idea on the issues on the PC version? It's cheap on Green Man Games and I'm tempted.

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11109
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Today's newly announced remaster: Megaman Legacy Collect

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:03 pm

Treguard wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:The digital version of the game is out today. Early word is that the PS4/Xbox One versions are excellent, the PC version has various issues somehow... I'll post my thoughts later today, hopefully along with some vids since for the first time I'll be able to record my playthroughs with the PS4 share button :mrgreen:
Any idea on the issues on the PC version? It's cheap on Green Man Games and I'm tempted.
Sometimes the PC version loads to a black screen, sound issues and micro stuttering with the games frame rate.

I've been playing the PS4 version. The bad is that the sound is technically not perfect. There is some subtle crackling that is more noticeable than others, I also had a rather nasty sound glitch loading Megaman 2, the audio for the intro and password screen was mangled, the issue fixed itself quick enough though but still annoying...

Other than that momentary issue the games seem perfect. The controls are flawless, no input lag which is damn good news, as that was my main concern. The graphical options are ace as well, the games look nice on my HDTV. These two issues make it better than previous collections - the Complete Works games on the PS3 are unplayable due to input lag, the Gamecube Collection had other graphical issues (smudge-o-vision plus inverted controls). This collection has neither issue.

The presentation is wonderful, the art and menus look brilliant, top marks to Digital Eclipse for that.

The games seem to be the same as they've ever been, not run into any other issues bar the sound issue mentioned above.

I also gave the challenge mode a go, did the first three challenges. Its interesting as you have all your powers and need to clear the areas as quick as possible - some require smarts to use certain weapons to clear the areas as quick as possible, some require pure skill.

Also, for those that care/are interested I'll be doing video's of my playthrough. No death runs, buster only runs, gold metal runs. Got a couple uploading at the moment, but here is my first video which is a ok playthrough of Cutman. I'm pissed off at the end of the boss battle - the levels always freeze upon laying the final hit on the boss, so I was basically unable to avoid Cut Man's attack post death. Bah. Anyway, Youtube link to the vid below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yANDN6uouJ8
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ALK
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:01 am

Re: Today's newly announced remaster: Megaman Legacy Collect

Post by ALK » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:53 am

And there was me thinking the MM Amiibo would never have a MM game it could be used with... :lol:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/0 ... collection
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7557
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Today's newly announced remaster: Megaman Legacy Collect

Post by Shinobi » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:36 pm

I had the Megaman games on the Gamecube I think 1 - 8 but gave them to a certain Gamecube collector on here.. I liked Mega Man 2 and beat 7 of the Robot Masters could not beat Quick Mans stage all the instant deaths either it's impossible or I'm doing something wrong.. Same with the other Megaman's I get so far and give up

Megaman X1 got to Sigma could beat his dog but he was very hard to beat even with the Ryu Fireball
Megaman 8 I got stuck on the second hoverboard stage
Rockman and Forte bear the 8 robots stuck again
Megaman 9 couldn't beat Mermaid Girl or whatever she's called

Maybe knowing the correct order to attempt the levels and what weapons to use on what boss I would probably like it better, if it gets a psychical release It will be a day 1 purchases and Mighty Number 9 when that is ever released
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11109
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Today's newly announced remaster: Megaman Legacy Collect

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:41 am

Shinobi wrote:I had the Megaman games on the Gamecube I think 1 - 8 but gave them to a certain Gamecube collector on here.. I liked Mega Man 2 and beat 7 of the Robot Masters could not beat Quick Mans stage all the instant deaths either it's impossible or I'm doing something wrong.. Same with the other Megaman's I get so far and give up

Megaman X1 got to Sigma could beat his dog but he was very hard to beat even with the Ryu Fireball
Megaman 8 I got stuck on the second hoverboard stage
Rockman and Forte bear the 8 robots stuck again
Megaman 9 couldn't beat Mermaid Girl or whatever she's called

Maybe knowing the correct order to attempt the levels and what weapons to use on what boss I would probably like it better, if it gets a psychical release It will be a day 1 purchases and Mighty Number 9 when that is ever released
Are you using Flash Man's weapon on the second set of lasers for Quick Man? That makes things way easier. Or, if your crazy like me this is how you do things:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOduDxq2sPE

This was recorded from the PS4 collection, I'm much better at fighting Quick Man now though!

Speaking of which, I recorded my gold runs on all the challenges bar the last one (as the Playstation recording limit cuts off before I can complete the challenge - its on average 35 minutes long):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdzACH ... zmqrxxx8bw

All of them are uploaded to the above channel. I'm quite happy at the MM5 Remix 2 run, initially I was second in the world with that time (not sure where I am now though).

I'd recommend looking up boss charts for the fights your stuck on, it'll make things somewhat easier. Then its just a matter of learning patterns and reflexes. I'm not really of much help, as I've played the games inside out over the last two + decades...
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7557
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: Today's newly announced remaster: Megaman Legacy Collect

Post by Shinobi » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:36 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Shinobi wrote:I had the Megaman games on the Gamecube I think 1 - 8 but gave them to a certain Gamecube collector on here.. I liked Mega Man 2 and beat 7 of the Robot Masters could not beat Quick Mans stage all the instant deaths either it's impossible or I'm doing something wrong.. Same with the other Megaman's I get so far and give up

Megaman X1 got to Sigma could beat his dog but he was very hard to beat even with the Ryu Fireball
Megaman 8 I got stuck on the second hoverboard stage
Rockman and Forte bear the 8 robots stuck again
Megaman 9 couldn't beat Mermaid Girl or whatever she's called

Maybe knowing the correct order to attempt the levels and what weapons to use on what boss I would probably like it better, if it gets a psychical release It will be a day 1 purchases and Mighty Number 9 when that is ever released
Are you using Flash Man's weapon on the second set of lasers for Quick Man? That makes things way easier. Or, if your crazy like me this is how you do things:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOduDxq2sPE

This was recorded from the PS4 collection, I'm much better at fighting Quick Man now though!

Speaking of which, I recorded my gold runs on all the challenges bar the last one (as the Playstation recording limit cuts off before I can complete the challenge - its on average 35 minutes long):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdzACH ... zmqrxxx8bw

All of them are uploaded to the above channel. I'm quite happy at the MM5 Remix 2 run, initially I was second in the world with that time (not sure where I am now though).

I'd recommend looking up boss charts for the fights your stuck on, it'll make things somewhat easier. Then its just a matter of learning patterns and reflexes. I'm not really of much help, as I've played the games inside out over the last two + decades...
Have to say Shadowman your a games-player of epic proportions, I got to the first screen with the 4 lasers I tried to outrun them like you but failed,didn't realise that you could freeze them.. If anything watching your replay puts me off as it looks too hard and the level just seems to long.. I like hard games but the Megaman difficulty is just punishing.. Very impressing beating Quick Man with the normal gun I even struggle beating Bubble Man with it..

Is there a easier Megaman game or are they all punishing?
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
ShadowMan
Posts: 11109
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: 200X
Contact:

Re: Today's newly announced remaster: Megaman Legacy Collect

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:49 pm

Thanks :D I've been playing the series for a couple of decades though so I've pretty much got them memorised by now, as that level always caused me so many issues back in the day...

Difficulty wise - Give Mega Man 5 a try. I still believe its the easiest of the original 6 and a decent entry point for people. 4 is fairly ok as well, but the bosses deal lots of damage so it'd be worth looking up a suggested boss order before tackling them for the first time. MM1 is tough due to it mainly being rough round the edges, 2 fixes much of that but its still fairly tough in places and 3 while it is easier still than 2, still has its share of tough bosses and areas so 4 or especially 5 is a decent starting point in my opinion.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests