Today's newly announced remaster: Megaman Legacy Collection

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ShadowMan

Today's newly announced remaster: Megaman Legacy Collection

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:44 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTrTBqQ ... e=youtu.be

Digital only - PS4, Xbox One, 3DS, PC. Priced at £12.

First off, no Vita :( It'd probably have been my game of the year on that strength alone.

Still, it collects together the first 6 (NES) games and adds in a challenge mode, replays and leaderboards. I'm buying it for the trophies and challenge mode since I can pretty clear all the games without dying, I'm hungry for a new challenge! Replays should be fun as well, recording my decent playthroughs.

Pity its digital only (wanted a physical release for my collection) and its somewhat annoying 9&10 aren't in this. 7 is somewhat of a shame they ignored (I like most of it, some of it is pretty "meh" though) and 8 has some pretty bad level designs so I won't miss that too much. Should be a satisfying warm up before I get sucked into Mighty No. 9 this September.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Sel Feena

Re: Today's newly announced remaster: Megaman Legacy Collect

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:01 pm

Megaman 9 makes me cry, it's far too hard for me! I've always liked MM2 though.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:12 pm

ShadowMan wrote:First off, no Vita :( It'd probably have been my game of the year on that strength alone.
That's a pity. I suppose there's always remote play from the PS4.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:23 pm

Sel Feena wrote:Megaman 9 makes me cry, it's far too hard for me! I've always liked MM2 though.
Its a pity that easy mode only made its way into MM10, as that's a fairly decent way to ease people into the series. I've got MM9 mapped out in my mind though, so I usually try and 1 life the game when I play it. Gotta say though, I was glad that the difficulty was high, as the last thing I wanted was an easy Megaman game!
theantmeister wrote:
ShadowMan wrote:First off, no Vita :( It'd probably have been my game of the year on that strength alone.
That's a pity. I suppose there's always remote play from the PS4.
I considered that, only potential issue is lag introduced by remote play, which for me would make the games unplayable (try playing the PSOne games on the PS3 via backwards compatibility, it introduces lag and ruins things completely).
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:28 pm

If it had at least got up to 8, it would of been more worth of a purchase for me since 8 has no Nintendo port, but really I don't see why they bothered much with the 3DS version when they could just continue making money off the Virtual Console ports but meh, this is the company that released 6 versions of Street Fighter II on the Wii VC with a 4th version (GBA) due for the Wii U VC. :lol:

Still, suppose I could hold out for a second collection with 7-10, MM and Bass, Soccer, and whatever else is left in the Classic series....
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:48 pm

ALK wrote:If it had at least got up to 8, it would of been more worth of a purchase for me since 8 has no Nintendo port, but really I don't see why they bothered much with the 3DS version when they could just continue making money off the Virtual Console ports but meh, this is the company that released 6 versions of Street Fighter II on the Wii VC with a 4th version (GBA) due for the Wii U VC. :lol:

Still, suppose I could hold out for a second collection with 7-10, MM and Bass, Soccer, and whatever else is left in the Classic series....
The benefit I see of the games getting a "proper" 3DS release is the 3D effect. Shovel Knight and Mutant Mudds both looked awesome in 3D, done right so will Megaman 1-6.

But yeah, 3DS has loads of MM games already on the VC store including the awesome GB games and more and more of the GBA games so you can already get a good collection on that platform.

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:01 pm

Yeah, I was just thinking that a 3D effect would be really the only reason I would consider it as I already have 1-6 on Wii, Wii U, and 3DS (Upgrade my Wii downloads on Wii U, and they were on offer one time on 3DS. XD) so yeah, I might just wait till its on offer to really benefit the extras this has over the VC ports.

Capcom's planning lots more "HD Collections" so I'm certain they'll give another collection the gohead, whether it be more Classic games or they dip their toes into an X Collection...
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

sirpigmeat

Post by sirpigmeat » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:01 am

Pity, I just picked up MM3 on the wiiU the other day, would've waited if i'd known.

Probly get the 3DS version of this, don't have 4,5 and six yet and they'd come to just under the 12 quid if I bought them on the VC anyway.

I wonder if the e-shop might do a "if you own this, get a % discount on that" style thing? They seem pretty good that way.

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:57 pm

Yeah, if they can just do a £2 off for every MM VC game you own of 1-6, I'd be up for that. :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

sirpigmeat

Post by sirpigmeat » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:57 pm

ALK wrote:Yeah, if they can just do a £2 off for every MM VC game you own of 1-6, I'd be up for that. :lol:
That sounds like a pretty fair deal to me. :lol: ... Or maybe 3 quid off would be better... That way they'd owe you money for buying it!

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:30 am

Capcom confirmed the release date for the game is August 25th, not long to wait then! Also the game will get a retail release next year for PS4, Xbox One and 3DS. Great news, finally something new to add to my Megaman collection!
Also, semi Megaman related news - Mighty Number 9 has been delayed yet again and is aiming for a Q1 2016 release date...

big mean bunny

Post by big mean bunny » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:59 pm

Other than a few goes on the one someone at school had on the NES, I have never played a Mega Man game! Interested in this.
Episode 14 now out 14th of Sept - Sega Mega drive £25 games challenge

Invert Y gaming podcast - the only way to play, news, chat and challenges, by gamers, for gamers.

http://invertypodcast.podomatic.com or Invert Y on iTunes

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:58 pm

Glad to hear it is getting a physical release, only played MM2 on the Wii Virtual Console and would be more willing to buy this to play the other games, than a digital only collection.

William S

Post by William S » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:14 am

ShadowMan wrote:the game will get a retail release next year
Awesome! :D
ImageImageImage

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:38 am

Achievement/Trophy list is out:
http://www.twinfinite.net/2015/08/06/me ... -trophies/

Its basically just clearing all the games and getting gold/silver/bronze medals on the various challenges. The game completion side of things will be a piece of cake for me, makes me wonder how tough the challenges will end up being...