Modern Reboot/retouches

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

crusto

Modern Reboot/retouches

Post by crusto » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:26 am

Are fairly common place nowadays and for me some are a little unwelcome and nothing more than cash ins. So if you could pick one which could justify a release what would it be?

For me I would like to see Demons Soul's. Given the full PS4 retouch with some added new features, such as turning that broken rock at the top of the stairs into a new level. I would love a reason to play through boletaria castle again.

Eat your nans pants

RodimusPrime

Re: Modern Reboot/retouches

Post by RodimusPrime » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:45 am

Onimusha collection on one disc.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:08 am

GOD HAND

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:22 am

Yakuza 1-5 + Kenzan! for the PS4/PC ideally, or just Kenzan, 3 and 4. reason being those games run at a sub HD resolution so they appear blurrier compared to HD games on my TV. Plus after playing Ishin and Yakuza 0 on the PS4 the increased frame rate really improves how the combat feels.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:51 am

I'd like a reboot of the original Tenchu (the only good one) and the first three Tony Hawk games. That Tony Hawk HD thing does not count.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:59 am

Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but Final Fantasy VII would be a licence to make money (although sensible decisions seem to be against Square Enix's policy these days)

thebear

Post by thebear » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:23 pm

Morrowind
KOTOR
Rogue Squadron (Hoping this at least should happen in some form with the Rogue 1 film)
one of the biggest collections of classic 70's, 80'S and on wrestling and boxing around - http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:17 pm

I've been saying it for years, but why hasn't the Actraiser formula been tried again? Imagine what a modern version of that would be like!

crusto

Post by crusto » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:11 pm

Sorry, When I said unwelcome I meant games that are only a few years old as opposed to reboots in general. I think the idea of reboots is great, but think there's lots of titles that get ignored in favour of titles in the Arkham series etc. One great example is the last of us. Rehashed when it was barely out of nappies!

Eat your nans pants

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:47 pm

thebear wrote:Morrowind
KOTOR
Rogue Squadron (Hoping this at least should happen in some form with the Rogue 1 film)
Wow good shout. And Negative Creep haven't they remade pretty much all the FF's except 7. Nightmare.
Scott me up beamie!

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:57 pm

I don't really "get" why people moan about recent(ish) games being ported to current gen machines. Nobody forces us to buy them. The accusations of cash-ins etc seems particularly pointless since that's obviously what they are, making and selling commercial video games is a business after all, the aim is to make money. I'd certainly like to see more quality games from last gen improved and bundled in the same way that Borderlands 2 and Diablo 3 have been. Such things offer superb value for money imo. I'd buy remasters of Fallout 3 and Skyrim no problem. A modernised Morrowind would be even nicer. I don't see a problem with any of it.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:11 pm

Couple of "HD Collection/Remaster" come to mind.

Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection- The same collection onto PS4/XBONE with some extra MD/SMS/arcade games not on the PS360 version

Marvel Vs Capcom- Okay 3 isnt that old, but they took down MVC Origins and MVC2 HD off the download stores as well as the DLC and download versions for 3, so a complete disc package with Origins, 2 HD, 3 and Ultimate 3 and all DLC on disc would be kind of neat if Capcom got the okay with Disney to do it.

Burnout- Remaster/HD up/Whatever 1, 2, 3 and Revenge and I'll be happy.

Sonic Generations- Just because I could see SEGA doing this and calling it a day for Sonic's 25th Anniversary next year... :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:41 pm

Funny, no-one really complains about songs and albums being redone every time a new platform comes out.

LP-Cassette-CD-MP3.

or films.

Betamax-VHS-DVD-Bluray. add in laserdisc, videoCD etc and some fims have been redone on a half dozen formats.

yet some people complaining about games getting a 2nd release.

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:37 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but Final Fantasy VII would be a licence to make money (although sensible decisions seem to be against Square Enix's policy these days)
Would it, though? To remake Final Fantasy VII with anything more than an HD update would surely cost a heck of a lot of money. You'd have to devote time and resources to remake a game that's almost decades old, and that seems like a massive risk to me. It might pay off, but the risk seems pretty high.

That said, I'd definitely buy it.

I agree with Fallout3 as an HD Remaster - I'd also buy New Vegas.

I'd like to see a Crash Bandicoot collection. I really miss the franchise, and I'd buy an HD remake.

Looking further back, I'd love to see some of the older Bomberman games getting a touch up (with added online play) and Tekken 1, 2 and 3.

Gigifusc

Post by Gigifusc » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:50 pm

I still dream of a Last Ninja series HD and gameplay update.

Don't think it'll ever happen though. System 3 don't seem to have the resources. :(