Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Post by DPrinny » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:35 am

http://www.gamesradar.com/square-enix-t ... -progress/

Bit of a thing going on with Squaresoft hinting at a new game, people are already saying its gonna be a new Deus EX due to hints of it in the video
But given how much I seem to dislike every new DE (HR was linner and very restricted in what you can do) im not getting overly exicted

Edit

Square-Enix's sequel will be set in 2029 where Adam Jensen is working for Interpol to hunt down augmented terrorists in a world that hates and fears cybernetically enhanced humans. Just as the world today hates and fears Google Glass.

Jensen will have some new moves this time around, like the ability to remote hack electronics and erect a nanoshield around him.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... ocialoomph
Last edited by DPrinny on Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

HalcyonDaze00

Re: Deus EX 4?

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:03 pm

Human Revolution was a great game, would love to see a follow up to that

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:04 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:Human Revolution was a great game, would love to see a follow up to that
Agreed, it was excellent. Look forward to the sequel.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:20 pm

Could never get into this series tbh. First game was interesting, a mixture of RPG and FPS with stealth elements but it didn't hook me. The sequel, Invisible War, felt like a more action-oriented game and wasn't as interesting. Never checked out Human Revolution since I had no interest. No expectations for the fourth part either.

DPrinny

Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Post by DPrinny » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:30 am

"like the ability to remote hack electronics" like watchdogs

"sequel is set for PS4, Xbox One and PC"
censored it

As I seem to be the only one on the planet that liked the first DEX, but hated HR I will list what I hated
Not fully open ended missions, the first plonked you in the setting and let the player do what ever they wanted to accomplish the goals
Hide of be killed, the first you could be ninja like or be Rambo like, or run around screaming getting everything to follow you
Bosses, total arse
cant hate that the ending came down to three buttons and all decisions ment nothing as thats what it was like in the others

PostieDoc

Post by PostieDoc » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:18 pm

I loved the original Deux Ex, it is one of my favourite games of all time.
Invisible War was an ok game, just a bit of a disappointment after the original.
I own Human Revolution but haven't got round to playing it yet.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:22 pm

I loved the original the original game. It was great and I loved all of the characters in that(Paul, Anna, Gunther, etc.), as well as all of the locations(New York). I haven't played any of the sequels though. I've heard that the second game "dumbed down" - especially with the control system. I've also heard that apparently the third game in the series(Human Evolution) is much better and gets back to the series' roots. Here's hoping that this game will deliver.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:12 pm

DPrinny wrote:"like the ability to remote hack electronics" like watchdogs

"sequel is set for PS4, Xbox One and PC"
censored it

As I seem to be the only one on the planet that liked the first DEX, but hated HR I will list what I hated
Not fully open ended missions, the first plonked you in the setting and let the player do what ever they wanted to accomplish the goals
Hide of be killed, the first you could be ninja like or be Rambo like, or run around screaming getting everything to follow you
Bosses, total arse
cant hate that the ending came down to three buttons and all decisions ment nothing as thats what it was like in the others

I'll agree the bosses were a misstep (although I understand that's been fixed in the Director's Cut) but I loved HR. There were still several way to beat a level - I recently watched a vid of someone who ghosted the whole thing and he took paths I never knew existed. It's true you can't be Rambo but the game never intended to be. Not sure why the anger on it only coming out on the next gen consoles either? As much as I love my 360 I have accepted the release lineup is starting to wind down since the latest games are just too powerful for it

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:32 pm

As much as I love my 360 I have accepted the release lineup is starting to wind down since the latest games are just too powerful for it
yes, a bit gutted to see games not coming to the 360 but I have been critical of the new gen for not having enough must have games, can't really complain to see the xbone and ps4 getting the games that will convince me to buy one.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:52 pm

Katzkatz wrote:I loved the original the original game. It was great and I loved all of the characters in that(Paul, Anna, Gunther, etc.), as well as all of the locations(New York). I haven't played any of the sequels though. I've heard that the second game "dumbed down" - especially with the control system. I've also heard that apparently the third game in the series(Human Evolution) is much better and gets back to the series' roots. Here's hoping that this game will deliver.
2nd was made with consoles in mind
3rd isnt really back to the series roots as it forgets the whole do as you please, you cant be some kind of mecha Rambo as it punishes for such things
HalcyonDaze00 wrote:
As much as I love my 360 I have accepted the release lineup is starting to wind down since the latest games are just too powerful for it
yes, a bit gutted to see games not coming to the 360 but I have been critical of the new gen for not having enough must have games, can't really complain to see the xbone and ps4 getting the games that will convince me to buy one.
Its not convincing me to buy one,

Its convincing me to beef up my PC as most games end up on PC anyway

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:17 pm

I am really really stoked for this! I loved Human Revolution and to see a direct sequel is very exciting indeed.

Not sure yet how I'll play it but this is a game I'll upgrade for.

woody130496

Post by woody130496 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:17 pm

i loved the first deus ex and human revolutions although the latter had a few problems but if they fix the bosses and i think they should make it harder to go in all guns blazing but apart from that I'm looking forward to it

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:43 pm

Negative Creep wrote: I'll agree the bosses were a misstep (although I understand that's been fixed in the Director's Cut) but I loved HR. There were still several way to beat a level - I recently watched a vid of someone who ghosted the whole thing and he took paths I never knew existed. It's true you can't be Rambo but the game never intended to be. Not sure why the anger on it only coming out on the next gen consoles either? As much as I love my 360 I have accepted the release lineup is starting to wind down since the latest games are just too powerful for it
I remember one part of the game where an aircraft goes down and your colleague is in trouble. There's an intense firefight that ramps up the difficulty. It wasn't until my third playthrough that I realized the outcome of those events could be changed.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:32 am

You can pre-order now..............but it has kickstarter like tiers so you won't get the bonuses unless enough people do it. WTF?

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/31/923172 ... lease-date

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:35 am

Yup, a lot of people are annoyed at it

And to add to it, none of them are that interesting, if they are gonna pull pre-order BS they could at least add something wroth it