Name me some obscure Snes/Megadrive games to play

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

deadpan666

Re: Name me some obscure Snes/Megadrive games to play

Post by deadpan666 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:16 pm

Lot of great games mentioned so far! Here's a few more on SNES...

Xandra's Big Adventure / Whirlo

Pretty decent platformy thing....

Battle Pinball

Odd little pinball game starring Ultraman and several other robot-types..look for other Battle series games like Soccer and GP too! ;)

Super Back To The Future 2

Worth playing just to see what they did with the licence!

Cinema Of Stuff Presents - The Undying Monster! http://tinyurl.com/nekrjdx

Let's go, Mr. Driver!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:28 pm

Battle Pinball is a cool game. We already discussed it on the other page. :D
Whirlo is a good shout also, damm hard game to find in good nick in the wild also.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

SuperFamiKing

Post by SuperFamiKing » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:33 pm

I'm not a big fan of the Back to the Future game, but a good shout to at least have a look as some other Snes fans seem to rate it........ if youre after decent platform games you could do worse than the Go! Go! Ackman series on the SFC, my personal fav is the 2nd one. (Wonderboy in Monster World ripoffs, even down to the energy bar :lol: )

deadpan666

Post by deadpan666 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:38 pm

gman72 wrote:Battle Pinball is a cool game. We already discussed it on the other page. :D
Whirlo is a good shout also, damm hard game to find in good nick in the wild also.
Ah! Sorry....bottom of the 1st page wasn't loading for me earlier! :lol:

I've only seen Whirlo/Xandra's once, and it was at a car boot sale...Japanese version...they wanted £25 for it, and that was in about 2002....I only had a tenner handy! :( So it's emulation with Whirlo for me!

Had a nice chat with the guy selling though...he'd got it after seeing the review in Super Play that had also inspired me to look for it! :mrgreen:
Cinema Of Stuff Presents - The Undying Monster! http://tinyurl.com/nekrjdx

Let's go, Mr. Driver!

rolan

Post by rolan » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:32 am

It's been a while so I might be mixing it up with another japanese game but ghost chaser densie is a decent final fight clone, arguably better then the snes final fight - it has been a long time tho so don't hold me to that....

ewjim

Post by ewjim » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:22 am

It's been a long time since posting on here, afternoon! Noticed the thread and thought some posting was in order. There's some great choices already posted but I'll add a few more to check out.

Ignition Factor - snes - a fireman sim(ish) game where you have to carry correct equipment to put out various fires / get over obstacles. Plays like a more serious Firemen. It's a NTAC Jaleco game though so be aware of compatibility issues with converters if going that route!

Operation Logic Bomb - snes - top down futuristic corridoor shooter akin to Alien Breed but with Metroid esque new weapons and power ups.

Forgotten Worlds - MD - side scrolling shooter with jet pack guys rather than ships. Decent arcade conversion too!

Jakie Crush - snes - fight Satan's hordes via the medium of pinball. Quality Japanese pinball sim.

Also mentioned above was Super Back to the Future 2, I did a review on it for RC a while back:
http://www.retrocollect.com/Reviews/ret ... micom.html
FEEL FREE TO ADD ME ON XBOX LIVE