Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Treguard

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered

Post by Treguard » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:04 am

Apparently there's a remastered version of this due out on the PC this week, although it's the least HD 'HD update' yet looking at the screenshots. Hopefully they're also going to fill in that massive narrative hole half way through that turned what was potentially one of the best story driven games I've ever played into a confusing mess.

Hiro

Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered

Post by Hiro » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:36 am

A potentially excellent game that goes down halfway through the story and relies a bit too much on QTEs, but still a good game nonetheless.
I'm very interested on this remake, I have the game on GOG but I remember having a hard time trying to use the dual sticks of the X360 controller. Not a steal if the 9,99$ price is confirmed, though. Not if you've already played the original, at least.

Why care about the weather
It always ends in dark

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:47 am

I'm so for this, can't wait, can't believe it's ten years old now..it will be great go through it all over again, I remember playing it on the PS2 and thinking wow this has a great story line and amazing music to boot. But yes the QTE's are a little bit old school now, but it was a highly unrated game at the time, this HD remastered version is a great welcome, would love to see this on Android or Ipad.
↓↓Click Link to See More
http://www.greyfoxbooks.com

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:11 pm

Also known as the day game remaster's went too far.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:35 pm

Completed Fahrenheit last year on PS2 and I really enjoyed it apart from certain QTE events. I think I was physically exhausted after doing the bits in Lucas' apartment (where all the furniture is flying about) and the fight in the office!

I seem to remember the US version being censored so which version of the game will this remaster be based on? Ours or theirs?
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:39 pm

Megamixer wrote:Completed Fahrenheit last year on PS2 and I really enjoyed it apart from certain QTE events. I think I was physically exhausted after doing the bits in Lucas' apartment (where all the furniture is flying about) and the fight in the office!

I seem to remember the US version being censored so which version of the game will this remaster be based on? Ours or theirs?
It was the sex scene that was removed from the US version, game would have got an Adults Only rating had it been kept in.
Maybe it isn't as big of a deal now, we'll have to see.

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:40 pm

It has now disappeared from Amazon :lol: but from it should be the uncut version.

From PC Gamer: "If you've only played the original version, you'll be pleased to hear that "unlike the original North American release, Remastered contains all of the game's original scenes, uncensored and uncut". Steam is mentioned as a requirement, while there will also be "full controller support" for Sony and Microsoft pads."

Image from Gamespot:
Last edited by Hiro on Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Why care about the weather
It always ends in dark

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:42 pm

GigaPepsiMan wrote:
Megamixer wrote:Completed Fahrenheit last year on PS2 and I really enjoyed it apart from certain QTE events. I think I was physically exhausted after doing the bits in Lucas' apartment (where all the furniture is flying about) and the fight in the office!

It was the sex scene that was removed from the US version, game would have got an Adults Only rating had it been kept in.
Maybe it isn't as big of a deal now, we'll have to see.
I didn't think it was. Take away the fact that the graphics are pretty dated now on the PS2 version and I think the sex scene was handled pretty well and not tacked on for the sake of it. The equivalents in the likes of GTA and God of War on the same system were much more unnecessary.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.