Amiibo

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

flying_delorean81

Re: Amiibo

Post by flying_delorean81 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:43 am

ArchaicKoala wrote:I just want to get my hands on a Mega Man, Ness and Pac-Man Amiibo! I've never had any luck with any preorders (with the exception of my Sonic Amiibo) :(
Is Mega Man generally sold out or more expensive now then? I was lucky to get him on the preorder. I missed Pac-Man though, but there are a few options on Amazon shipping from Japan for around £16 I will probably go for.

The only others I'm hoping to catch on preorder are Duck Hunt Dog & Duck, Mario Maker (it's a 3D pixellated Mario from Super Mario Bros - looks cool in the pics) and R.O.B. Apparently Zero Suit Samus is on her way to me right now :D

How does everyone display them? I take them out of their boxes and have them on the Nintendo shelf in my display cabinet. I've got so much stuff on there now though (what with the Happy meal toys from last year) that I might have to expand onto another shelf!
My Instagram: @caveofpixels
My Facebook: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My Tumblr: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My DeviantART page: caveofpixels.deviantart.com

Joey

Post by Joey » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:17 am

Anyone got any hot tips on where to get the Splatoon ones? They're the only ones I want.

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:19 am

Another stock alert, the Nintendo Store has the likes of Little Mac, Shulk, Falcon, Zelda, Wii Fit Trainer, and others right now.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/amiibo.list ... l=thgemail
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

flying_delorean81

Post by flying_delorean81 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:57 pm

Yeah I was about to report that the Nintendo store had a restock over lunchtime, but ALK beat me to it! I managed to get a Little Mac, but Pac Man was still sold out when I checked. Looks like all the highly desired ones sold out quick. Although they still have Wii Fit Trainer, if anyone wants that?
My Instagram: @caveofpixels
My Facebook: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My Tumblr: THE CAVE OF PIXELS
My DeviantART page: caveofpixels.deviantart.com

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:13 pm

Well, she is meant to be one of the rare ones. :lol: Apparently there'll be another restock on the site tomorrow too, so might be worth keeping an eyes between 10-12am if experience as taught me anything.

My Wooly Yoshi arrived today. Quite a cute well woolen toy. XD
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:26 pm

Gah! No such luck for me, but at least it's been dispatched.

I've no interest in these things, but I really hope they flood the market with them & the price goes through the floor to sicken all the opportunistic bulk buying scalpers out there & let the gamers & the collectors have their fun.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Analog

Post by Analog » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:59 pm

I got around to my local game and got the last lucina. pretty chuffed I got that. I pre-ordered one from the latest wave, have a zero suit samus on the way I think. no toys r us or smyths anywhere close to where I live. the nearest is about 30 or so miles away.

still no luck with shulk but its looking more hopeful I might get one if these restocks keep coming.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:14 pm

Currently have all amiibo apart from gold mario. Need more shelf space now though.
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:29 pm

I'm looking for a blue wooly Yoshi if anyone has a duplicate or sees one somewhere. With or without the game - I don't mind!

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:15 pm

Today's new wave and Little Mac arrived safely today. So happy Palutena is finally in my collection and without any hassle.

Not much on the Nintendo Store front today, Palutena, Zero Suit Samus, Gannondorf and Dark Pit can currently be ordered for the £10.99 price.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:00 pm

Well I received 2 Zero Suit Samus and 1 Palutena from Game sent in 3 separate boxes for some reason.. Also picked up Lucina today from Game and the Yoshi box set with Yoshi Amiibo
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:13 pm

Shinobi wrote:Well I received 2 Zero Suit Samus and 1 Palutena from Game sent in 3 separate boxes for some reason.. Also picked up Lucina today from Game and the Yoshi box set with Yoshi Amiibo
They normally do that instead of putting them all together. Little Mac on the other hand came in a much larger box on his own then the rest of mine (Probably due to his value. XD)
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:12 pm

Been a while since I updated with pictures;

Here is the current amiibo collection. It is comprised of a complete EU boxed set which is 53 units strong! This also includes a Silver Mario which at this point is a US or AUS exclusive. I intend also to get all of the big box releases with amiibo included.

I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Noticed that GAME in Burton had loads of Charizards, Warios, Palutena's, Dark Pit's, King Dedede's and Lucina's stacked up all over the tills for £14.99 a pop. I would have regretted quitting on Amiibo very quickly with the earlier shortages after seeing all of these but I still wasn't impressed with the quality on the more detailed characters anyway so I'm not losing any sleep.

Good to see some of the previously "MEGA R@RE" figures available to buy for those that want them though.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:38 pm

Megamixer wrote:Noticed that GAME in Burton had loads of Charizards, Warios, Palutena's, Dark Pit's, King Dedede's and Lucina's stacked up all over the tills for £14.99 a pop. I would have regretted quitting on Amiibo very quickly with the earlier shortages after seeing all of these but I still wasn't impressed with the quality on the more detailed characters anyway so I'm not losing any sleep.

Good to see some of the previously "MEGA R@RE" figures available to buy for those that want them though.
Funnily the Game in Cwmbran also had the above figure's minus Lucina they also had Luigi, Toon LInk, Ganandorf, Kirby, Zero Suit Samus and some Fire Emblem guy I didn't recognise(not Marth)
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"