Ps1 collecting thread?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Montytom

Ps1 collecting thread?

Post by Montytom » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:56 pm

Hi im looking for the ps1 collecting thread.
Ive just spent ages looking but have only found the japanese and us playstation thread.
Am I writing something wrong into the search bar?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Thomas

nakamura

Re: Ps1 collecting thread?

Post by nakamura » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:57 pm

Funnily enough I don't remember a PS1 thread.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Montytom

Post by Montytom » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:04 pm

nakamura wrote:Funnily enough I don't remember a PS1 thread.
Ahh I dont feel so stupid now thanks.
Its strange because at the time it was the biggest console out there and my friend has gotten me back into it

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:17 pm

I have always loved the PS1 but like anything it went on the back burner for a while. In the past year though I have completed Parasite Eve, Rage Racer, Final Fantasy VII and been playing plenty of others. Tomb Raider is one I am aiming to complete fully for the first time. Clunky controls aside, it's still fantastic.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Montytom

Post by Montytom » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:25 pm

nakamura wrote:I have always loved the PS1 but like anything it went on the back burner for a while. In the past year though I have completed Parasite Eve, Rage Racer, Final Fantasy VII and been playing plenty of others. Tomb Raider is one I am aiming to complete fully for the first time. Clunky controls aside, it's still fantastic.
When I was younger I had the ps1- Only had three games

Rage racer
Tekken 2
and cool boarders

I then bought a few more games but now as games are so inexpensive it would be rude not to collect

JoeNTMY

Post by JoeNTMY » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:36 pm

Montytom wrote:
nakamura wrote:I have always loved the PS1 but like anything it went on the back burner for a while. In the past year though I have completed Parasite Eve, Rage Racer, Final Fantasy VII and been playing plenty of others. Tomb Raider is one I am aiming to complete fully for the first time. Clunky controls aside, it's still fantastic.
When I was younger I had the ps1- Only had three games

Rage racer
Tekken 2
and cool boarders

I then bought a few more games but now as games are so inexpensive it would be rude not to collect
Cool Boarders was a fun game.

The only problem I've found with PS1 games are the cases. Especially if they're shoved through your letterbox...

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:53 pm

JoeNTMY wrote:The only problem I've found with PS1 games are the cases. Especially if they're shoved through your letterbox...
I've got a small stack of spares with crap games inside them for when I get a decent game with a ruined case. If I ever see a rubbish sports game or something of similar lowly calibre with a really nice case then I get it and add it to the spares pile.

Was thinking about a PS1 collecting thread the other day actually so this was a timely idea :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:55 pm

When I saw this thread I had to remind myself what I've got. My small collection includes the following ;

Die Hard Trilogy
Destruction Derby 2
Tekken 2
Rival Schools
Darkstalkers 3
Dino Crisis 2
Rage Racer
Street Fighter Collection 2
Ridge Racer Type 4
Quake 2
Alien Resurrection
Final Doom
Test Drive 5
Colony Wars
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis
Castlevania SOTN
Need for Speed 3 & 4
Doom
Resident Evil
Overboard
Future Cop LAPD
Colony Wars Red Sun
Tempest X3
G-Police
Ridge Racer Revolution
Rollcage
Marvel Super Heroes
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

JoeNTMY

Post by JoeNTMY » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:15 pm

Megamixer wrote:
JoeNTMY wrote:The only problem I've found with PS1 games are the cases. Especially if they're shoved through your letterbox...
I've got a small stack of spares with crap games inside them for when I get a decent game with a ruined case. If I ever see a rubbish sports game or something of similar lowly calibre with a really nice case then I get it and add it to the spares pile.

Was thinking about a PS1 collecting thread the other day actually so this was a timely idea :)
That's a good idea. I might just have to use it! :P

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:30 pm

Montytom wrote:Hi im looking for the ps1 collecting thread.
Ive just spent ages looking but have only found the japanese and us playstation thread.
Am I writing something wrong into the search bar?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Thomas
Had this one in my bookmarks, though it's four years old!

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =2&t=25256

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:45 pm

Current collection (photos are crap I know but I only have a phone and the camera is - as you can tell - rubbish): I've owned a lot more and got rid of games I didn't enjoy. There's also so much more that I'm interested in picking up or replacing (sold a lot of games years ago) and I've barely got cracking on the imports.

Oh and all complete, no Platinums or broken cases in this lot :P

(L-R) Cool Boarders 2, Vagrant Story, Vandal Hearts, Front Mission 3, Dino Crisis, Dino Crisis 2, F1 '97, Fluid, Spyro, Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer, Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gundam Battle Assault 2, Destruction Derby Raw, Grandia, Silent Bomber, Rival Schools.

(L-R) Medievil, Medievil 2, Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix, Parasite Eve II, Bishi Bashi Special, Croc, Croc 2, Spiderman 2, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Doom, FF VII, FF VIII, FFIX, Legend of Kartia.

(L-R) Darkstalkers (NTSC-J), Crash Team Racing, Goalstorm, Ray Tracers (NTSC-J), Driver, Driver 2, Silent Hill, Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare, Einhander (NTSC-J), Space Invaders, Tekken, Tekken 2, Tekken 3, Ghost in the Shell (NTSC-J), Crash 3: Warped, Demolition Racer, Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge, V-Rally 2.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:57 pm

I have the games I want. About 20 or so I fancy, but their values have all shot up, and those 20 are almost 500£ ! :roll:

DaveDoc1984

Post by DaveDoc1984 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:54 pm

I am into PlayStation collecting. I recently picked up a different boxed copy of Tekken that I never knew existed :) I have a spreadsheet containing my entire collection for all systems on my Desktop PC.
In to Retro Gaming Pickup's? Light hearted reviews of both Modern Day and Retro Video Games? Check out my YouTube Channel!

http://www.youtube.com/DaveDoc1984
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 1ESj3JPPnT

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:57 pm

DaveDoc1984 wrote:I am into PlayStation collecting. I recently picked up a different boxed copy of Tekken that I never knew existed :)
You can't tell but the one I have in my picture is the one in a cardboard box...is yours? There were a few games early on in the PS1's life that came in card boxes.

DaveDoc1984

Post by DaveDoc1984 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:02 pm

Megamixer wrote:
DaveDoc1984 wrote:I am into PlayStation collecting. I recently picked up a different boxed copy of Tekken that I never knew existed :)
You can't tell but the one I have in my picture is the one in a cardboard box...is yours? There were a few games early on in the PS1's life that came in card boxes.
Yep mine is in a cardboard box. I only remember the earlies PlayStation games coming in Dual CD cases? Like my copies of Tomb Raider, Destruction Derby and Ridge Racer are all like this.
In to Retro Gaming Pickup's? Light hearted reviews of both Modern Day and Retro Video Games? Check out my YouTube Channel!

http://www.youtube.com/DaveDoc1984
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 1ESj3JPPnT