New Friday The 13th game

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Megamixer

Re: New Friday The 13th game

Post by Megamixer » Wed May 31, 2017 4:16 pm

learnedrobb wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 10:27 am
Megamixer wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 10:10 pm
Negative Creep wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 9:12 pm
Initial reviews aren't good, looks like a buggy mess
Is it selling for the full 40 quid on PSN/XBLA? I'd still take a punt on it since I was looking forward to it so much but if it really is a bit rough then that's another story!

At least we could trade it in with a physical copy but the gamble is much bigger when you're stuck with your 'investment'!

Will have to hold out for a digital sale or price-drop otherwise.
£30 on PSN.

As for "buggy mess".... the developers have been very patiently explaining in detail what the problems they have been having are on their Facebook page. Suffice to say that they underestimated the number of concurrent users wanting to play at the literal second the game launched (they took the maximum number of people who partook in the closed BETA test offered to kickstarter/Backerit pre orders and trebled it. They expected 30-35k, they got around 90k). This caused serverside issues and database issues. They have been (and continue to) work on resolving this.

I have to say, having read some of the whiny comment on their Facebook page, some gamers are so "entitled" it is unreal. Even online games from major AAA publishers have problems at launch (GTA V Online, anyone?), yet there are some who think a small indie team should be providing a flawless experience from the very first moment.
Woah, woah, woah...maybe I'm mis-reading this but it sounds like this game is actually some sort of online multi-player thing? If so then I had no idea! I won't be losing any sleep about ignoring it in that case.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Wed May 31, 2017 4:24 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 4:16 pm
Woah, woah, woah...maybe I'm mis-reading this but it sounds like this game is actually some sort of online multi-player thing? If so then I had no idea! I won't be losing any sleep about ignoring it in that case.
Muliplayer only for the initial launch with some sort of single player thing being made available later.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed May 31, 2017 4:29 pm

The Beans wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 4:24 pm
Megamixer wrote:
Muliplayer only for the initial launch with some sort of single player thing being made available later.
Good job I didn't buy it then! It looked like a single-player game from the trailers...

Lucky escape I guess. Cheers!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Wed May 31, 2017 4:50 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 4:29 pm
The Beans wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 4:24 pm
Megamixer wrote:
Good job I didn't buy it then! It looked like a single-player game from the trailers...

Lucky escape I guess. Cheers!
Same here. The game just keeps piling on the garbage! :lol:
Without the license it would be dead and buried already I reckon.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Gibberish Driftwood

Post by Gibberish Driftwood » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:58 pm

Friday the 13th has finally gotten a one player mode.
Been playing it for a while today and i frickin love it. :)
So much fun going around as Jason and killing people.

And its much better than that lousy C64 game.
Ken sent me.
Do the Kirby dance: (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')>

BarbaricAvatar

Post by BarbaricAvatar » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:08 pm

There's also an isometric puzzle game on Steam with the F13 theme. http://store.steampowered.com/app/79510 ... er_Puzzle/
You can play the first 8 Episodes for free, each episode has 13 levels so you get a lot of game for nothing. I like it, it's good fun.
No, i'm not angry. That's just how i write.

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:54 pm

For anyone not knowing, there's a handheld Friday the 13th game too. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... zzle&hl=en
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.