The Roms

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

koopa42

Re: The Roms

Post by koopa42 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:53 am

psj3809 wrote:Totally agree. Also knowing that i can play so many of the old classics on my PC (or my beloved iphone !) is great.

Still find MAME the best invention/emulator ever
Yeah I just use my cab for mame :P

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:58 am

koopa42 wrote:
psj3809 wrote:Totally agree. Also knowing that i can play so many of the old classics on my PC (or my beloved iphone !) is great.

Yeah I just use my cab for mame :P
Jealous ! Havent got the room for a large cab, for now its ipad+icade, still cool though

Need to have a full size mame machine at some point though. Due to baby #2 arriving sadly i have to pay for nappies etc not a mame cab. Unfair

Misery

Post by Misery » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:43 am

yeah, I agree.

7000+ arcade roms on this machine. Sure as heck aint any other way of playing them, and this way, I get to keep experiencing old classics and finding more that I really love but never would have gotten to try otherwise. And these are games that arent making ANYONE any money. I aint exactly just sticking to the ones everyone knows. Games like Devil Fish, Change Lanes, Dorodon... those aint exactly relevant these days and most people would have no freaking clue what they are, which I think is typical of the vast majority of roms as a whole.

For those few that ARE somehow relevant, if I'm playing one of those, chances are I already own at least one copy/version of the game, in many cases (like Pac-Man) I probably have a whole bunch of them. I make a point of this. I cant own the Pac-man arcade machine, but I sure can own a large number of it's various home versions. Including 5 of the awful 2600 version, but that's a whole other story. That one really was bad, wasnt it...

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:44 am

MAME has some top top snooker/pool games on ..... but some god awful ones too.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:21 am

koopa42 wrote:MAME has some top top snooker/pool games on ..... but some god awful ones too.
Come on Koops, we're all seeing what you're doing and who you're trying to get at (again)

Move along move along

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:25 am

psj3809 wrote:
koopa42 wrote:MAME has some top top snooker/pool games on ..... but some god awful ones too.
Come on Koops, we're all seeing what you're doing and who you're trying to get at (again)

Move along move along
Although I am not playing the victim, it seems I am trying to be painted as one, how is talking about pool/snooker games getting at anyone, but to appease some untrue slight I seem to be after? I'll remain in the Pool snooker thread I have, unless that will be unceremoniously/unreasonably locked too.

I tried the original Roms with mame and they were terrible, it must have been some months until I actually a) got mame working(ish) and b) got a proper rom ..... which WAS the greatest gaming moment ever.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:28 am

You know what you're doing Koops, come on.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:34 am

psj3809 wrote:You know what you're doing Koops, come on.
I'm happy to drop this, clearly, I've had threads locked, been threatened, and have already said I'm not even looking at the few remaining posts in any threads of late, nothing after my post about 'proving my point'. I think this raises the question 'what are others doing' to try and get me banned? Why are people still trying to figure out 'what I'm doing'? I clearly believe I have done what I set out to do, and am happy with that. I will move on if I'm allowed?

edit:

If not, just instigate a ban? Then you could fake paint me as a martyr (banned in a flurry of inappropriate moderating) rather than this fake victim you are going for. Seriously, drop it or ban me? I'm not going to drop it as long as someone else keeps putting words in my mouth or false meaning on my posts.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:48 am

Koops stop playing the martyr, you're really not very good at it.
If I read one more post about how you feel you're being singled out then I'm banning you. You say you're prepared to let it go, so take a page out of that girl from Frozen and just do it.
I've got a lot of plans for 2015 and one of them is to free the forum of the idiots who constantly makes this place a chore for everyone else. I've been far, far, far too soft with people in the past and that's stopping going forward.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:55 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote: If I read one more post about how you feel you're being singled out then I'm banning you.
I do not believe I am being singled out, and haven't done at any point, I haven't said that at any point. Can you read that, please confirm that you just read and understood what that sentence means.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:01 am

Of course you haven't and now you can have a permanent ban. See you Koops.
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum.
I fully expect you to be a good boy and take them down.