Is there bullying/steamrolling on this forum?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Is there bullying/steamrollering on this forum

Yes, obviously
51%
No, you be trippin'
29%
Andre the Giant
20%

Total votes: 35

Nemesis

Re: Is there bullying/steamrolling on this forum?

Post by Nemesis » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:16 pm

koopa42 wrote:
aztecca wrote:
Surely a steamroller is more than a fancy toy.Its a proper bit of machinery. :wink:
Here's another prime example. The wink? The 'joke'? Is it helping? Does it matter if someone laughs or more importantly does it affect the thread in a positive or negative way? I could have just ignored it but then would I have been 'bullying' prinny by pulling him up on his posts?
I avoid the wink because i think the context of which it is used for the most part is inflammatory. It's like a red rag to a bull. Tbh, I try not to use any of the emocons, or whatever they're called, and especially the rolling eyes one. That reads, I have no respect for you on any level.
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:16 pm

flatapex wrote: Image
As an aside from this thread, Felix Silla, the actor who played Cousin Itt as depicted above, has had an amazing career. As well as Cousin Itt, he was Twiki, an ewok, he's been in The Dukes of Hazzard, Battlestar Galactica... loads of stuff we've all seen, but hardly anyone recognises him.

He's the Warwick Davis of his generation.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:22 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
flatapex wrote: Image
As an aside from this thread, Felix Silla, the actor who played Cousin Itt as depicted above, has had an amazing career. As well as Cousin Itt, he was Twiki, an ewok, he's been in The Dukes of Hazzard, Battlestar Galactica... loads of stuff we've all seen, but hardly anyone recognises him.

He's the Warwick Davis of his generation.
i would love to meet warwick davis he seems really funny. also the actress that played his p.a in lifes too short is one of my guilty crushes- rosamund hanson, other guilty crush is female dart player fallon sherrock)

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:27 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:He's the Warwick Davis of his generation.
I'm not that short.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:28 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:He's the Warwick Davis of his generation.
I'm not that short.
warwick davies jokes should be aimed at me, i'm 5'8'' :lol:

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:30 pm

flatapex wrote: warwick davies jokes should be aimed at me, i'm 5'8'' :lol:
Nah, they'd probably go over your head.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:32 pm

the_hawk wrote:
flatapex wrote: warwick davies jokes should be aimed at me, i'm 5'8'' :lol:
Nah, they'd probably go over your head.
most things do, usually flying plates when i am in trouble at home :lol:

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:32 pm

flatapex wrote:i'm 5'8'' :lol:
Ditto.

Mind you, Wrexham seems to be a town of shortarses - I'm pretty much average height round here!

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:37 pm

This thread is turning into a :-

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:39 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:
flatapex wrote:i'm 5'8'' :lol:
Ditto.

Mind you, Wrexham seems to be a town of shortarses - I'm pretty much average height round here!
:lol: radcliffe isnt (where i live now) and bury (where i am from) is worse, i used to go out and was the smallest of everyone, plus most of the women were taller than me as they had massive heels. one of the best things about being into rock/indie is when i go to gigs there are sometimes a few people that are shorter than me. only sometimes

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:42 am

So this thread was derailed by several members, the swear filter has been dodged by some and mods have also taken part in the derailing? An interesting turn of events. So if this had been anyone else, would there have been 5 or 6 reports made do we think? Or is it that mods have both taken part in derailing and inappropriate posting that has lead to other members piling in? You know, like the the old 'I'll see how a fight is going before joining in' effect? Certainly some of the later posts are by members that are notorious for 'joining in an opportune moments' rather than at the beginning of a genuine thread.

I would pull up the offending posts but there are too many of them TBH, so I will apologise to Dprinny for pulling him up on his, at that point it was just his that were sort of off topic/random. I also notice that it's was purposefully taken off topic after I had said I was not going to be on the forum, proving both sly and snideness. A clear instance of bullying/steamrolling a thread by certain members renowned for it and members of the mod team? I think this single thread proves my point (for both threads) nicely, that there are indeed huge double standards and definite steamrolling/bullying and that on occasions? The mods team are involved in it.

Before you disagree or try some strange explanation of why this isn't the case? Read the thread again.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:46 am

koopa42 wrote:So this thread was derailed by several members, the swear filter has been dodged by some and mods have also taken part in the derailing? An interesting turn of events. So if this had been anyone else, would there have been 5 or 6 reports made do we think? Or is it that mods have both taken part in derailing and inappropriate posting that has lead to other members piling in? You know, like the the old 'I'll see how a fight is going before joining in' effect? Certainly some of the later posts are by members that are notorious for 'joining in an opportune moments' rather than at the beginning of a genuine thread.

I would pull up the offending posts but there are too many of them TBH, so I will apologise to Dprinny for pulling him up on his, at that point it was just his that were sort of off topic/random. I also notice that it's was purposefully taken off topic after I had said I was not going to be on the forum, proving both sly and snideness. A clear instance of bullying/steamrolling a thread by certain members renowned for it and members of the mod team? I think this single thread proves my point (for both threads) nicely, that there are indeed huge double standards and definite steamrolling/bullying and that on occasions? The mods team are involved in it.

Before you disagree or try some strange explanation of why this isn't the case? Read the thread again.
You are trying too hard mate.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:53 am

I'm probably guilty of derailing the thread (not intentionally or the main person), I posted a serious viewpoint on here and the thread in off topic. To be honest its one of the few threads everyone has agreed with eachother and replies were humorous rather than bickering. That would lead to me thinking we should be carrying you on our shoulders and chanting your name.

I hope I am not one of the opportune moment posters, it isn't intentional, I think the forum should incorporate an ignore function if it doesn't have one, there will always be s---stirrers online like in real life

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:01 am

RodimusPrime wrote:
What am I trying too hard?

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:34 am

koopa42 wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:
What am I trying too hard?
You need to take the tin foil conspiracy hat off mate. To claim people waited till you left and then on purpose had the intention to derail the thread when you were gone and calling them snide and sly is a little OTT, then to claim this was a perfect case of bullying/steamrolling etc.

But what ever. I thought it was people having a bit of banter and lighthearted fun. I see forums as just like conversations, freeflowing and things said can lead anywhere.