Your gaming/collecting goals for 2015

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

the1980gamer

Your gaming/collecting goals for 2015

Post by the1980gamer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:16 pm

Just wondered if you guys have any particular goals you want to achieve this year with regards to gaming and Collecting.

As I mentioned in another thread I have decided that from now on I'm not going to sell or trade any games and also try new genres after the amount of fun I had with Diablo 3 ros.
Also instead of playing two games on two different systems and switching day to day I'm just going to play one game at a time until I've completed it.

Collecting goals :
I collect for the PS3, xbox 360 and xbox one (and hope to have a ps4 by my birthday in June :) )
I'm going to collect mainly console exclusive's but my multi platforms will be for my xbox consoles because I prefer the controller.
I was surprised at how many PS3 exclusive's I was missing so that console will be treated to quite a few games while there is not much coming out for the current gen until later this year.
check out my youtube channel at, http://www.youtube.com/user/the1980gamer

The Laird

Re: Your gaming/collecting goals for 2015

Post by The Laird » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:53 pm

None. I have pretty much everything I want to own.

Might get rid of some stuff though.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:20 pm

I am clearing out. I have set up a seperate account and I am selling any games I dont want, or need. The money will stay in that account and will be used to buy some things that I really want.

the money is also going to be used to replace some tatty games, or games with no instructions. I also love to read and we have a small room that is going to be used as a study/computer/library. So I may start to finally buy the encyclopedias, artbooks etc that I have wanted for a while.

So basically going to stop buying and keeping everything and focus it all in to things that I really want.

ALK

Post by ALK » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:26 pm

-Get back into retro collecting a bit more. Kinda been slaking off a little due to buying other stuff.
-Get Zelda Four Swords Adventures on Gamecube. The only Zelda game I havent played or owned, unless you count the CDi rubbish...
-Pick up an Atari system. Thinking about a 2600.
-Actually have some spending money for those MCM Comic Cons. There were more retro game stands last October then before.
-Get that Orange Pikachu N64 at last.

Just a few that come to mind. Maybe someone can bring this topic back with a reply in December to see what we actually accomplished. :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:35 pm

More Saturn games
Amiga CD32
Fancy an everdrive for my n64 (and then sell off my n64 carts)

Since I bought my JXD7800b I dont feel like collecting for any older machines - but if I see cheap carts I will still probably pick them up - real hardware and controllers is still the best - but the JXD is just too good....especially when I can link it up via HDMI lead to my tv

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:38 pm

in 2015 i will play games

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:39 pm

- Get my Saturn modded
- Finally get through the last of these original Xbox games in my backlog
- Replace knackered Wii with a Wii-U (and transfer the data across)
- Knock a good number of titles off my PS3 wanted list while they are still relatively easy to get hold of

Other than those, I want to play more and hopefully get rid of some games rather than buying loads of stuff. Not having a current machine might help a bit more...maybe :P
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:08 pm

To actually start completing games.

It's criminal that I only completed 4 games last year, and they weren't even rpgs lol

tuki_cat

Post by tuki_cat » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:35 pm

I'm aiming to finish all the Nes Megaman games. I've made a start but I'll be amazed if I finish as there isn't a lot of spare time for games at the moment!

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:37 pm

as long as i enjoy what i am doing, i dont really care.

the most fun i have had have been events, interviews and meeting people from forums. i have the ultimate forum meet later in the year when i go to germany and meet a friend from a forum while i am there

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:49 pm

Finish off the PS2 rpg set and then thats it. No more collecting, just playing.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:41 pm

I would like to complete a full super play magazine collection. I got close once before but ended up binning them due to over use. They were quite tatty in the end :(

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:22 am

I've been saying it for ages, but this year I really need to thin out my collection to just the games I'll play. Too many RPGs for starters. The Dreamcast collection in particular needs weeding, as for a while I was buying everything for it, even games I had no intention of ever playing.

Granddaughter on the go, likely to be staying with us more often now she's a year old, so the spare room needs to be organised and not just a dumping ground.

I'll still keep a few she might like though.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Montytom

Post by Montytom » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:30 am

I have decided this year that I am actively collecting for my Wii U.
I am to have 100 retail boxed games by the end of this year.
I am going to buy every game that comes out for the system and any Japanese or American exclusives aswell.
It does mean that I will have to buy a Japanese and American system but I am not doing that this year.

I am also wanting (I have said this many times) to have a complete PAL dreamcast collection and hopefully will be well on the way.
I am to have 80 games for that by the end of the year.

Ill also be buying the odd game for other systems but these 2 consoles ill be collecting for

JoeNTMY

Post by JoeNTMY » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:54 am

Only buy games that I'm actually going to play or played/owned when I was younger.