Just cause 3

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

the1980gamer

Just cause 3

Post by the1980gamer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:28 pm

Just looking up news for some of my favourite franchises when I came across this.

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/justcause3.aspx

It's for the new gen and pc and will be a day one buy for me especially if it has multiplayer/ co-op.
Jc2 was really good and I'm imagining the sort of stunts you could pull of in Multiplayer.
check out my youtube channel at, http://www.youtube.com/user/the1980gamer

crusto

Re: Just cause 3

Post by crusto » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:43 pm

I could never get in to the other two and got bored really quickly. I just ended up aimlessly wandering around the huge map site seeing. Hopefully this one will include the missing ingredient, although I don't actually know what that is!

Eat your nans pants

Misery

Post by Misery » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:48 pm

crusto wrote:I could never get in to the other two and got bored really quickly. I just ended up aimlessly wandering around the huge map site seeing. Hopefully this one will include the missing ingredient, although I don't actually know what that is!
Well, it's an open-world game... but more of a "pure" one than something like Grand Theft Auto (which gave you lots and lots of missions). JC2 gave basically one big task, and then said "Okay go anywhere to do this and do it however you want, so long as it gets done", and it went from there. There actually was ALOT of stuff to do, like, a really silly amount, but I think the near-total lack of structure (there were a FEW missions, but 95% of the time, the gameplay didnt involve those) probably confused some players, as I've heard this bit said by others before.

As for this new game.... cant get here fast enough. I loved the heck outta JC2.

pantal00ns

Post by pantal00ns » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:27 am

crusto wrote:I could never get in to the other two and got bored really quickly. I just ended up aimlessly wandering around the huge map site seeing. Hopefully this one will include the missing ingredient, although I don't actually know what that is!
You could have just said its Crap! :wink:

To be honest its a game series that should appeal to me but I have never tried it, I think I even have a copy (not pirated) on the 360.

Probably as I spend more time reading about games than playing them :oops:.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:07 am

JC2 was class. If this is a graphical evolution with new gameplay tweaks i will be all over it.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

joefish

Post by joefish » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:55 am

Wow, nice. JC2 is my favourite game on the PS3. Getting lost in the mountains, finding new things, and blowing the cr*p out of them is great fun.

Treguard

Post by Treguard » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:03 pm

The trekking about did get a bit boring, but what other game allowed me to steal a jet, jump out of it and parachute into a missile silo, machine gunning guards on the way down, set the silo to self destruct, grapping hook my way out, grapple an enemy helicopter as its strafing me, hijack it and fly away as the base explodes? Its just brilliant.

crusto

Post by crusto » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:25 pm

Treguard wrote:
The trekking about did get a bit boring, but what other game allowed me to steal a jet, jump out of it and parachute into a missile silo, machine gunning guards on the way down, set the silo to self destruct, grapping hook my way out, grapple an enemy helicopter as its strafing me, hijack it and fly away as the base explodes? Its just brilliant.
I lack the imagination to think something like that up and carry it out. That's probably why I got bored :lol:

Eat your nans pants

crusto

Post by crusto » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:26 pm

pantal00ns wrote:
You could have just said its Crap! :wink:

To be honest its a game series that should appeal to me but I have never tried it, I think I even have a copy (not pirated) on the 360.

Probably as I spend more time reading about games than playing them :oops:.
It's crap. :P

Eat your nans pants

Misery

Post by Misery » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:17 am

Bah, to heck with imagination.

I just exploded things and crashed stuff. Which inevitably also exploded.

And the grapnel + parachute mechanics were absolutely brilliant. Soooo much mobility and crazy tricks that could be done. Or you could just walk up to enemies and hit them with it, that was a good use for it too.

Bluce_Ree

Post by Bluce_Ree » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:37 am

Just Cause 2 was a fantastic tech demo. Some of the best graphics ever to grace the Xbox 360 and an amazing game engine with loads of ways to move around.

Absolutely spoiled by the least inventive missions of all time. Ten minutes of gameplay copied and pasted over forty or so hours. Horrible.

Misery

Post by Misery » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:53 am

Bluce_Ree wrote:Just Cause 2 was a fantastic tech demo. Some of the best graphics ever to grace the Xbox 360 and an amazing game engine with loads of ways to move around.

Absolutely spoiled by the least inventive missions of all time. Ten minutes of gameplay copied and pasted over forty or so hours. Horrible.

There were missions?

joefish

Post by joefish » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:59 am

The capture-the-base missions to help the rebel groups could be quite fun. And many of them could be subverted.

They were set up to lead you through the base, spawning enemies at key points programmed to attack you on sight, and inevitably ending in a fight against a chain-gun nest. But you could often sneak around the outside of the base, find the end section completely empty, steal the chain gun, then walk back the way you were supposed to have come, walking right up behind each stationary spawned guard and shooting him in the back.

Another cunning plan is to visit any bases in the area and blow up their SAM launchers before taking on any assault missions.