Mario maker for wii u

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ALK

Re: Mario maker for wii u

Post by ALK » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:56 pm

Misery wrote:
Fightersmegamix wrote:I struggled with LBP and usually don't bother with level editors so this might not be for me. Still, it depends if they let you download other peoples levels and how the community shapes up.
If they DONT allow you to upload your levels for others to play, it'd be bloody stupid. Having others play what you've made is a huge part of the draw of it.

My one concern: Being Nintendo, they might do it so you have to be friends with someone in order to download/see their levels at all. THAT would honestly ruin it for me entirely. I'll not buy it if they do that.
I've seen people make penis stages in the new Smash Bros. I'd like to hope theres less chance of people doing that in this game, but....you know the Internet....
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:14 pm

c0nfu53d wrote:
HisNHer_LP wrote:
c0nfu53d wrote:Not particularly excited by this. But then Ive been using Lunar Magic for years (SMW editor).

I am excited by Banjos Backpack - a Banjo Kazooie editor. Shame its not official.

Never heard of Lunar Magic, is it as simple to use as the Mario Maker for Wii U looks or is some basic coding needed?

Im on the fence about getting a Wii U but the way things are looking im going to have one befor eI know it, some great titles coming out
Very easy to make a basic hack ie new levels and overworld. No programming needed.

If you want custom graphics, new powerus some ASM may needed.

Here is an example of something well beyond anything us mere mortals are capable of:

Poke around here to see what you can do

http://www.smwcentral.net/

Get lunar here:

http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lm/

How have I not known about this sooner? Bye bye weekend...... This looks and sounds great...

Do you happen to have a link to the sonic Mario pictured too? Looks like it could be interesting..

Misery

Post by Misery » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:55 pm

ALK wrote:
Misery wrote:
Fightersmegamix wrote:I struggled with LBP and usually don't bother with level editors so this might not be for me. Still, it depends if they let you download other peoples levels and how the community shapes up.
If they DONT allow you to upload your levels for others to play, it'd be bloody stupid. Having others play what you've made is a huge part of the draw of it.

My one concern: Being Nintendo, they might do it so you have to be friends with someone in order to download/see their levels at all. THAT would honestly ruin it for me entirely. I'll not buy it if they do that.
I've seen people make penis stages in the new Smash Bros. I'd like to hope theres less chance of people doing that in this game, but....you know the Internet....
Yeah, I know, and this is why I usually ignore games that offer features along the lines of what this one is looking to be. Or, I should say, why I ignore them when they are put out by Nintendo, specifically, since apparently their consoles burst into flames if offensive content ever touches them.

Ugh. That actually probably does mean I should just forget about the damn thing, isnt there, as with bloody Nintendo, there's pretty much zero chance of it working in a way that isnt "friend codes only".

Oh well. I think I've nearly lost the ability to be disappointed by Nintendo, at this point. It's just happened too often.

c0nfu53d

Post by c0nfu53d » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:02 am

@HisNHer_LP

Got screenie here: http://classicsonicsatam.deviantart.com ... -325459317

Don't think it's been released yet.