Best 1st Person Shooter on PS2??

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

The Penultimate Ninja

Post by The Penultimate Ninja » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:31 am

I played most of my consol FPS'es on Xbox. I couldn't get on with the PS2 controller for FPS games, I find the analogue controls really poor - the xbox pad was better at it IMO.

Did Breakdown, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Theif 3 come out on PS2?
Those were enjoyable on the xbox. Chronicles of Riddick was really good, but was Xbox (and later PC) only.

XIII, Timesplitters, and Red Faction have been already mentioned. I liked those too.

Demonblaze

Post by Demonblaze » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:28 pm

I have a device called the smart frag to solve the analogue hassle, it lets you connect a PC mouse & keyboard to a PS2 for FPS. Add 2 USB-PS2 conectors and you can use almost any mouse and keyboard. You can pick it up on ebay fairly cheap. As mentioned the Red Faction games rock as do time splitters, no one lives forever, deus ex, black, area 51 and medal of honour. Oh and transformers is a 3rd person game with the option of a 1st person view point and if you, like me, are a child of the 80s then it's pure gold. It's also worth noting that the PS1 had Star Wars Dark Forces and MDK and both play on PS2 and PSP with POPS :wink:

EvilArmourKing

Post by EvilArmourKing » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:36 pm

The Penultimate Ninja wrote:I played most of my consol FPS'es on Xbox. I couldn't get on with the PS2 controller for FPS games, I find the analogue controls really poor - the xbox pad was better at it IMO.

Did Breakdown, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Theif 3 come out on PS2?
Those were enjoyable on the xbox. Chronicles of Riddick was really good, but was Xbox (and later PC) only.

XIII, Timesplitters, and Red Faction have been already mentioned. I liked those too.
Deus EX : Invisible War has not. But, after reading this :

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin ... 28588.html

I'm not that fussed either way.

And seeing as all scores in the same place for the original game all merit either a 9 or a 10, it's understandable why.

None of the Thief games have appeared on the PS2 either.
"This rod will be your doom" - Kilik