Street fighter V

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Scratch_Porkings

Re: Street fighter V

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:42 am

DPrinny wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-9abLlPmp0

Two "new" characters
Cammy and everybodys favorite from Alpha

Birdy?
of all the Alpha characters they pick the one nobody likes

Well I'm officially hyped, long wait for pc players though. This is from the steam store.

Available: 2016
Pre-Purchase Street Fighter V
£44.99 ADD TO CART
Add to Wishlist
PRE-PURCHASE OFFER
Pre-order Now and get a sneak peek at STREET FIGHTER® V beta for PC this fall!
(Beta start date will be announced through Steam in a future update - please stay tuned!)
Scott me up beamie!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:50 am

Ill wait till the inevitable updated version

Think quite a few of us wont fall for that trick again

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:58 am

DPrinny wrote:Ill wait till the inevitable updated version

Think quite a few of us wont fall for that trick again
True, and what's the betting SF5 +1 won't be an exclusive (not that it's really exclusive anyway)
Scott me up beamie!

ALK

Post by ALK » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:29 pm

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/07/ ... y-to-play/

16 playable characters on day one, 4 of them new characters. New characters and content will be added for free. No Super or Ultra version happening, so they say...
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:54 pm

"as they only need to purchase or earn the content that appeals to them"

DO 10 TAUNTS IN A ROUND TO UNLOCK DAN!!!

GET NOTHING BUT PERFECTS TO UNLOCK AKUMA!!!
Fight Money
This is basic currency that players earn through playing the game. Once players accumulate enough Fight Money, they can use it to earn new post-launch gameplay content, such as characters, for free!
Zenny
This is premium currency that players can purchase with real money to immediately gain access to post-launch content.
Why are they using the currency from Dragonball?

This is all gonna go like with those "Freemium" mobile games isnt it?
Unlock lets just say Sean
FM100,000 (10 per win)
Z1000 (about £5)

In the long run it will end up costing people

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:11 am

First impressions of the news were that it would strike a good balance between having genuine unlocks and devisive DLC.

But yes, I do hope that the system isn't balanced in such a way that it imitates freemium games by having unlocks so ridiculously far out of reach that the game all but encourages the player to just pay for it.

I will reserve judgement until more information on the balancing is revealed but I'm 50% optimistic of a return to proper unlockables while others have the option of DLC.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:49 am

I think in this day and age fighting games should have all characters unlocked from the start. Years ago it was fun trying to get them, but now when online plays such a big role (for me at least) it creates an even playing field if you have all the characters at your disposal. I played Guilty Gear Xrd online and struggled especially against the unlock character and the DLC ones as I had no idea of their abilities.

Stages, artwork, costumes etc are fine, regardless of how difficult the goals are to reach them. But characters should be given immediately upon release

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:06 am

These aint all day one characters, these are coming soon ones

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:45 am

Black Ridge wrote:I think in this day and age fighting games should have all characters unlocked from the start. Years ago it was fun trying to get them, but now when online plays such a big role (for me at least) it creates an even playing field if you have all the characters at your disposal. I played Guilty Gear Xrd online and struggled especially against the unlock character and the DLC ones as I had no idea of their abilities.

Stages, artwork, costumes etc are fine, regardless of how difficult the goals are to reach them. But characters should be given immediately upon release
^ Think I pretty much agree with this POV. Costumes and such are fine, and I've sunk plenty of money into that for SCV and DOA5 especially. But, if it's characters that are post-launch, then adding in an option to grind for it is a good compromise. Better that Arc Sys, Capcom etc. didn't even factor new characters as being a post-launch strategy full-stop, but whatever. You can rage about that all you like, and I have, but I think that ship has sailed.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:59 pm

I'm of the opinion that content (that is on disk) should be unlocked day one and not unlockable for multiplayer. SFIV was a chore when they hid 10 odd characters behind arcade mode, and Super/Ultra etc. was much better thanks to stuff just being unlocked from the get go.

As for Capcom's "everything free" approach. Its all down to grinding, if its not soul destroying then I thank them for taking that approach, as its nice to have an alternative to paying for the stuff with real money. If its like the shitty free to play games where 10000000000000 coins are required to unlock one costume colour then they can censored off, as that's just taking the censored! It will be interesting to see how things turn out, can't wait to give the beta a play through this week for sure.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:26 pm

DPrinny wrote:These aint all day one characters, these are coming soon ones
I know, but they should be given on release with no need to unlock. Especially if those goals are practically unobtainable without spending hundreds of hours on the game or forking out money

Misery

Post by Misery » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:02 am

Scratch_Porkings wrote:
DPrinny wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-9abLlPmp0

Two "new" characters
Cammy and everybodys favorite from Alpha

Birdy?
of all the Alpha characters they pick the one nobody likes

Well I'm officially hyped, long wait for pc players though. This is from the steam store.

Available: 2016
Pre-Purchase Street Fighter V
£44.99 ADD TO CART
Add to Wishlist
PRE-PURCHASE OFFER
Pre-order Now and get a sneak peek at STREET FIGHTER® V beta for PC this fall!
(Beta start date will be announced through Steam in a future update - please stay tuned!)
\

Yeah, it's a bit of a wait there. Saw the date recently on Steam.

I might actually go for it this time. Aside from Smash there's been nothing at all interesting as far as fighting game releases in.... I dont even know how long, which is beginning to bother me just a bit. Except for Mortal Kombat, that is, but that's just ONE game. I need variety, I do.

Though my question is wether or not it'll be a full beta, or one of those super annoying "special weekend beta events! :D :D :D " which usually consist almost entirely of watching servers crash. I havent seen any info on how it might work with this one.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:30 am

New character revealed Necalli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9ci3LlyAeE

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:31 am

the new guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzrPqNHB1bo

Moves wise it reminds me a bit of flameless Iori (KOF)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:04 pm

DPrinny wrote:the new guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzrPqNHB1bo

Moves wise it reminds me a bit of flameless Iori (KOF)
Yeah, his grabs/throws reminded me of Iori. Otherwise...looks very un-Street Fighter? Reminds me more of a 'SNK Boss Syndrome' character in terms of looks. Looks really weird.

Still, between this guy and Oni Akuma, we have two 'Super Saiyan' characters in Street Fighter now :lol:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.