Favourite Horace Game On Speccy

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Fri May 11, 2007 9:00 am

Ooh, Hungry Horace, Horace Goes Skiing or Horace And The Spiders

Tough one!

I love em all.

I played Horace Goes Skiing first, and I probably spent the most time playing that one, so Horace Goes Skiing probably gets my nod.
Press Play On Tape

Matt_B

Post by Matt_B » Fri May 11, 2007 10:23 am

Horace and the Spiders for me. It had a great third section and the first two weren't that taxing with a bit of practice, so they just made for a good bit of variety.

Horace Goes Skiing comes an honorable second. As one of the games from the first year of the Spectrum's life it's stood the test of time very well. The first section is very similar to the Freeway Frog game in William Tang's book Spectrum Machine Language For The Absolute Beginner too.

I'd have to say that I never liked Hungry Horace very much though. It's as well programmed as the other two, but I think the mazes are poorly laid out for a Pac Man clone; in a couple you can get cornered right at the start without getting a chance.

Pengwin

Post by Pengwin » Fri May 11, 2007 1:16 pm

Have to be Horace and the Spiders for me. maybe just because I hate the damn creatures so much, but it was very satisfying stamping them to death.

Skiing next, followed by Hungry Horace.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri May 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Have to feel sorry for Spiders, if they looked like ladybirds then no one would be evil to them !

Surprised by all the love for this game, always thought Skiing was the best by far ?