GTA V current gen

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

koopa42

GTA V current gen

Post by koopa42 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:38 pm

Could this be the GTA that I actually get into? I've just read that there will be a FPS mode which could (and I stress could) peak my interest ...... maybe. Interesting, very interesting.

gman72

Re: GTA V current gen

Post by gman72 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:19 pm

After seeing the videos of 1st person mode im now doubly stoked for this release. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Analog

Post by Analog » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:31 pm

should look glorious on my pc rig. will be giving it a go, I deliberately waited out through all the hype as I didn't want to get caught up in it and knew it would come to pc at some point.

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:41 pm

FPS? Hud, didn't know that, faster loading times, would like to see that anyway!

Joey

Post by Joey » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:08 pm

I completed it on PS3 but I'm ready to do it all again in FPS mode, the video of it makes it look completely fresh in that view. You also get a load of in game stuff if it detects you've played the last gen version too!

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:18 pm

The "FPS mode" does not really impress me as we had that on the PC since San Andreas in the form of mods. :wink:

The game does look good though. Rockstar know how to make an appealing, feature-rich open world action adventure game. Although I'm one of those who gets bored of these games far too quickly. I'm also not really into the corny darkened humour of the series.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:22 pm

I could never figure why I didn't like GTA games (after the top down ones that is) especially as I love the free roaming stuff. I play all the Bethesda big boys in FP mode and am hoping that this one little tweak will get me into this.

Analog

Post by Analog » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:40 pm

koopa42 wrote:I could never figure why I didn't like GTA games (after the top down ones that is) especially as I love the free roaming stuff. I play all the Bethesda big boys in FP mode and am hoping that this one little tweak will get me into this.
tbh it's only a small change but it's something that has pretty much single handedly reignited my interest in the series. most single player fps campaigns are censored awful in triple A titles when the concentration is on MP. the fact the writing is a lot better and a little more original and inventive (less cliche) makes this all the more appealing. also I can't be dealing with mods on gta, its great that the community has done them, but they've always been a bit of a pita to get working correct. this change for me feels like just what it needed to make it relevant again.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:13 pm

Analog wrote:I can't be dealing with mods on gta, its great that the community has done them, but they've always been a bit of a pita to get working correct.
outdated gamer will be more than happy to tell you how to get them working :lol:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:59 pm

Was all ready to get GTA V on the PS4 (after completing it on the 360, and preferring Sony controllers, generally, for 3rd person stuff), but the FPS mode has made me rethink that and I'll be getting it on the Xbox One. Simply put, I much prefer playing FPS games using an Xbox pad.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:02 am

I'll be picking it up on XO but it's not an urgent purchase. Dragon Age:Inquisition gets first dibs for me, Terraria is rumoured to be landing very soon, I've just bought Magic 2015 and I've still got stuff to do in Minecraft. All of them are timesinks. I seriously need to make something half decent with Project Spark too. And actually put some time into Pinball FX2.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.