How many of your consoles and computers broke?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Elaine

Re: How many of your consoles and computers broke?

Post by Elaine » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:37 pm

My Amiga 500 + broke several times... or maybe I should say once, but they were never able to repair it properly so it kept having the same problem...

Broken PCs, I lost count
Recently this summer... it was the video card, the screen started to go completely black (first when I started any graphics-heavy game, then without any apparent reason). I tried to clean all the components because I was hoping I didn't have to change the gfx card, but in the end I gave up and changed it and now it's fine.

Most thraumatic experience: probably with my PSP, it broke and the only way to avoid the issue was to apply pressure on the back (otherwise the PSP would restart at random). It happened while I was playing MGS: Peace Walker and I remember going through the final boss battle while keeping a finger pressed at the back... what a huge pain in the a** :mrgreen:

SpeedBreaker

Post by SpeedBreaker » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:11 am

A friend's brother slammed one of our Intellivision's controllers onto the table causing it to break. It was the player one controller (left side one) which made some games either impossible or difficult to play. :x

We went through a few C64 power supply units but never had any trouble with the computer itself.

rupert

Post by rupert » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:29 am

Other than PC's (lost count) the only games system I've had brake is my Atari Lynx II. My mum took it back to Toys R Us but they had none left and were not getting any more so I had to have the one off the display stand. It has scratches above and below the screen from where it was held in the display but still works fine to this day :)