Slope's Game Room #6: Cinematic Platformers

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

djslope

Slope's Game Room #6: Cinematic Platformers

Post by djslope » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:43 am

Sorry i have been away so long guys, Been really hard at work with this, my latest video

I think you will like it as it does include a few exclusive interviews with the original emerald software guys who made the first game on the amstrad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGTO1D3 ... YE&index=5

Feedback is always welcome and i hope you all enjoy

-Dan
Last edited by djslope on Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bensonrad

Re: Slope's Game Room #5: Michael Jackson Video Games

Post by bensonrad » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:54 pm

Just watched this, caught me unawares as I'd rarely watch a whole tube clip, let alone click a linky, but you caught me :D and I watched the whole thing, I thought it was really really good. Done in a really enjoyable, professional way, must have taken ages to put together all those clips, pics etc. The interview with the Emerald folks was very interesting too, I remember buying the Amiga version, getting excited after seeing the club level on the back, sadly I never could get past level 2, and found it an incredibly frustrating experience, much that I love MJ at the time. Nice to finally see those levels and how they end in your video all these years later.
Keep up the good work Dan.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

djslope

Post by djslope » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:45 pm

Thanks so so much for taking the time to reply

Yeah I do feel a bit cold call-y just dropping a link randomly in a forum, but I'm struggling for views lol

And yes these videos (this one mainly) take ages to make lol im
a big fan tho so its all good

Just like you as a kid I never got past the 2nd level (but on the amstrad) it was only til I got the amiga version a few years back that I was able to complete it. Most people prefer level 3, 4 but for me 1 & 2 are soooo soooo good defo my fav of the game

Either way a massive thanks for making it all the way to the end lol it was a looooooooooooong video

djslope

Post by djslope » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:21 pm

Hopefully you like my latest video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hqq-jf ... YE&index=6

This one is based on Cinematic Platformers such as prince of persia and heart of darness