Wii U

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

PostieDoc

Wii U

Post by PostieDoc » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:31 am

Does anyone here own the Wii U?

I really want to play Bayonetta 2 and am trying to work out if it is worth getting a Wii U for.
It is available for £240 on Amazon which seems like a good price (32GB, controller and a game).
Is 32GB standard or does it come with more or less?

The Wii U gets a lot of hate on the web so I just want to know from owners of it what they think.

pantal00ns

Re: Wii U

Post by pantal00ns » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:22 am

Can't say if Bayonetta is worth getting a Wii U for but here is a cheaper price for one (All be it 8Gb version).

Ripped from Hotukdeals, as it is lunchtime and the boss has buggered off.

http://www.base.com/buy/product/8gb-bas ... 7f7839a94f

I don't own a Wii U, but I'm sure someone can say if this is a good price or not.

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:31 am

This is a good question for the Wii U owners thread, this game is already being discussed there.

http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... start=1530
Xbox Live: RetroBob

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:01 am

I tried the demo, if you like the first bayonetta you'll like this one. I paid £190 for a wii-u about a year back so £240 is not a great price. The 8gb is fine as you can easily upgrade the memory with a USB stick. There are at least 5-10 good exclusives now so I'd say it's a no brainer.

ALK

Post by ALK » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:44 pm

It seems to go anywhere from £200-£250 as I've seen in the past. Also to consider is there might be some new console bundles for the holidays come next month-ish, as well as our own take on Black Friday/Cyber Sunday/whatever.

I'd sday its worth it, you've got plenty of exclusives to keep you going as well as cheap retail games like Arkham City, Resident Evil Revelations and so on at the £5-£15 mark if you don't have them on other consoles, as well as some great original games on the eShop and if it's your thing, plenty of NES/SNES/GBA games on it's Virtual Console (More so if you buy VC games via the Wii mode), not to mention the Wii library if you missed out on that.
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

PostieDoc

Post by PostieDoc » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:54 pm

I might wait to see if they release a Bayonetta 2 bundle then, buy myself a Christmas present.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:32 pm

I own Wii U, I have had it since launch it has just been sitting gathering dust. I have 3/4 games for it however nothing really grabs me on the system. I wish I had just not spent the cash buying it now
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

sirpigmeat

Post by sirpigmeat » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:22 pm

I bought one last christmas and would say I got my moneys worth out of Pikmin 3 alone. I love it. Its a little underused at the moment... i'm not a big bayonetta or smash bros fan... And i've started getting frustrated with mario kart 8... But I got enough downloadable stuff, virtual console games and wii titles to polish off to keep me happy until Zelda and Xenoblade come... I certainly think i've got more pleasure out of it than either the Xbox1 or ps4 would've given me... but then I suppose it depends on what you like

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:24 pm

I think it's a nice system if you're into Nintendo's exclusive games and a few 3rd party exclusives like the mentioned Bayonetta 2 and can get it for cheap and you missed out on some Wii exclusives. Just keep in mind that the system is already lacking in multi format games and it will only get worse from here on. In other words - forget about playing big "AAA" multi platform titles on it or deal with inferior ports due to the lacking hardware. Now if you don't care about those games or have a different system to play them (i.e. PS, Xbox, PC) and want a "complementary" kinda system, it just might be the thing you want. Just my point of view. :wink:

PostieDoc

Post by PostieDoc » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:58 pm

I have a gaming PC and plan on getting either a PS4 or Xbone (depending on my friends) at some point, it's just some of the games I see for the Wii U, I really want to play them.

I have never owned any Nintendo so it's all fresh to me.

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:20 pm

I have been looking into getting a WiiU for a long time now, been very tempted for a good few months, I have a PS4 so Im all good as far as the AAA Titles go but im not really a fan of all the FPS and other stuff that its aimed at the PS4, so I would be moe than happy with a WiiU for the Marios and Zeldas and such.

For me it has to be a 32gb, mainl due to the colour, as stupid as it sounds, I dont want a white system

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:18 am

Ive had a WiiU about a year. Ive got about 10 games for it and have completed about two of them, to be honest the system doesnt grab me that much. I grew out of Nintendo games a few years ago but I massively enjoyed playing through the Metroid Prime Trilogy on WiiU. I didnt enjoy the new 3D Mario game anywhere near as much as Sunshine. It was like a bite-sized level multi-player focussed version of Mario and didnt do it for me at all and i was bored with Mario Kart quite quickly and really dont see it as the gaming holy grail that some WiiU owners seem to. That said i really loved Bayonetta on the 360 so it would have been rude not to get the WiiU sequal which looks fantastic and runs at 60fps for those that are bothered by such stats. For me the current order of new Gen consoles is Xbox ONE, PS4 and WiiU. Just my opinion, other perfectly valid opinions are available. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:21 am

HisNHer_LP wrote:For me it has to be a 32gb, mainl due to the colour, as stupid as it sounds, I dont want a white system
Theres nothing stupid about not wanting a white system. I dont like the look of any of the new gen consoles white releases. All of my systems are black and shiny and lovely and thats cool with me.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:03 am

^ yeah, I also prefer black consoles over white ones. Except in the case of NES, SNES, orig. GB, PS1 and Dreamcast. :wink:

I find those look better in white/grey than black. And of course there's the lovely purple GameCube.

ALK

Post by ALK » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:11 am

I prefer anything but black, since I think its been overdone for consoles especially now. Probably another reason I won't give into a black PS3 as I'm after the limited edition red. :lol:
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.