Euro Soccer Champ (Taito)

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

koopa42

Euro Soccer Champ (Taito)

Post by koopa42 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:12 am

I've just bought it, my first JAMMA PCB! aceness.

thompson9980

Re: Euro Soccer Champ (Taito)

Post by thompson9980 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:24 am

Quality game. Great with 2 players.

Is this going in a JAMMA cab?
STUFF WANTED:
Sega 32X
Sega Megadrive, Japanese, mark 1
Sega Megadrive II

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:31 am

Yeah, I'm acquiring a 6 button PROPER sticked cab from Asta. No namby pamby springy sticks, solid ones.

£11 for the board?!?!?! are you serious? Bargain. I hope they are all that price LOL I'll be putting a coinops6 xbox in there as well though.

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:34 am

One of my favourite arcade games of all time, it was released for the Sega Saturn as Hat Trick Hero S and is arcade perfect - very good conversion of the game indeed.

Little known fact, it was also being converted to the Jaguar too and was 90% finished before being canned. I not only know the programmer, he still has all the code :shock:

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:41 am

Looking at the video its practically the same as World Cup 90 by Tecmo

LOVED that game, we had the arcade machine in the smoking room (tell how old that must be !) and used to play this game non stop, became really good at it, had some right challenging games in the semi final and final itself. A great footy game

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:53 am

Good memories here too. The very rare supershot? usually with seconds to go? Me and my mate must have played the game for a year before we even saw it and though "WHAT THE F### WAS THAT!?!?!"

Best moment? After literally years of trying to backheel chip the keeper (you have to be about 3 pixels outside of the D) and being scoffed at by my mates who wouldnt accept my theory that it could be done? pulling it off up there fair with a crowd! TWICE! never done it since though LOL just one of those moments I guess.

thompson9980

Post by thompson9980 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:21 pm

Nice one on the arcade cab. I bet thats going to be spot on!
Have you got your eye on any more boards?
I've always fancied getting hold of R-Type.
STUFF WANTED:
Sega 32X
Sega Megadrive, Japanese, mark 1
Sega Megadrive II

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Boards? Probably not. If I did it would only be:

SFIIce
Sunset Riders
WWF Wrestlefest

I think that's about it. Maybe WWF Superstars. That said? If I see some at £10 to £20 when I've got spare cash? Who knows

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:45 am

I have a Taito Football Champ board (same game expect international teams). It came in the cab I bought years ago and is one of my faves to play with mates.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:44 am

Anyone know the best way to ship a cab? I've contacted the van man from JAMMA+ and hopefully he will be interested but if not I need an alternative.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:09 pm

This is an awesome game. Looks a bit like Tecmo, but in actual fact entirely different (for one you can't do a flying free kick on your opponent in Tecmo).

Loads of really neat features - kick the ball at the ref to knock him down, then dtart flying kick/punching all your opponents! Kick the ball at a photographer to send him flying. Kick the ball at the half-way line flags so see them go spinning off. Backheel (Oh, fine play!) or fly-head the ball for a stunning goal.Score a goal with seconds to go and your player falls to his knees crossing himself, whilst the comical managers laugh/cry at goals being scored/conceded! Along with Kick Off 1 and 2 , the best celebrations for a goal being scored.

Really tough to score though, until you learn the several techniques that work - but not so often on the later levels! Plus a good end-game sequence (but only if you win the game with no 'continues'

Plus best of all the 'Super Shot'. Less than 30 seconds to go and you're losing or drawing, once in every hundred games you'll get this - the ball takes any outfield players it hits and the goal into and out of the net demolishing the advertising hoardings.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"