series that you are trying to complete.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

RodimusPrime

series that you are trying to complete.

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:07 am

Anyone trying to collect a series of games. I like collecting but am not interested in full sets that are full of sports games and games I have no interest in collecting games I have no interest in.

Been picking up the Final fight games at the minute. Also have nearly all the Top gear and outrun games.

I have just recently picked up all 3 Rushing beat games, and added Golden axe warrior to my Golden axe set.

Anyone else decided this is a better way to go, rather than collect full sets for consoles.

Dam

Re: series that you are trying to complete.

Post by Dam » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:33 am

I collect Street Fighter games, I'd like to have every distinct home version at some point, not interested in things like box variants and such-like though.

thompson9980

Post by thompson9980 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:40 am

I'm actually about to start a nice little project which involves collecting and reviewing the various versions of Shinobi and its sequels, up to and including Shinobi X.

BTW, did you pick up Final Fight CD yet? Thats a game I'd love to get my hands on.
STUFF WANTED:
Sega 32X
Sega Megadrive, Japanese, mark 1
Sega Megadrive II

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:44 am

thompson9980 wrote:I'm actually about to start a nice little project which involves collecting and reviewing the various versions of Shinobi and its sequels, up to and including Shinobi X.

BTW, did you pick up Final Fight CD yet? Thats a game I'd love to get my hands on.
Got Final Fight CD. great version. managed to get Mighty Final fight as well. have all 3 boxed super famicom versions. Just struggling to get Final fight revenge.

SuperFamiKing

Post by SuperFamiKing » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:15 am

RodimusPrime wrote:
have all 3 boxed super famicom versions. .
4 you mean :wink:

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:37 am

I'm in the process of collecting many of Capcoms old series - Final Fight, Ghosts n Goblins, Capcom Fighters, 19XX etc.

I've managed to get almost all the Final Fight games. I've got the MCD version of the original game (which is still my favourite), Japanese versions of 2 and 3, Revenge (which is a guilty pleasure) and Streetwise (which is just plain bad). Oh, and Mighty Final Fight.
Ghosts n Goblins I think I'm just short of the obscure off shoots. I've got the main games - GnG for the Famicom, Ghouls n Ghosts for the Megadrive and Master System, Super GnG, Ultimate GnG (and the far superior "Kai" re-release) and the Firebrand trilogy (Gargoyles Quest 1&2 and Demons Crest). Then there is the Wonderswan GnG game which is a separate game and the two Maximo games which are kind of GnG related.

Then of course, I've got pretty much every Megaman game made (both legit and Asian only licensed games, and Doujin games). I also prefer just getting games in series that I really enjoy as opposed to going for full collections as I'm likely to play the games I collect that way.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:49 am

SuperFamiKing wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:
have all 3 boxed super famicom versions. .
4 you mean :wink:

LOL, yeah 4.

Forgot about Final fight Guy. Which I also have.

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:06 am

RodimusPrime wrote:Anyone else decided this is a better way to go, rather than collect full sets for consoles.
Yeah, totally agree. No point at all in buying games you won't ever play. I've never understood the mentality of buying something just for the sake of owning it rather than doing anything with it. Sure, I've got a game backlog but it's all stuff I was interested in when I picked it up and intend to give time to. Last football/sports game I bought (not counting wrestling games) was World Cup '98 for the N64 when it was new :lol:
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

SpockIOM

Post by SpockIOM » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:36 am

I'm determined to get through all the Final Fantasy and Zelda games if it kills me.
I really want to get through the Dizzy games too - I played and enjoyed a few of them years ago but not all of them. Anyone know any good online sources?
Yours sincerely, the little voice in your head that talks when you read.

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:46 pm

SpockIOM wrote:I'm determined to get through all the Final Fantasy and Zelda games if it kills me.
Yeah, me too, but so far I've finished one Final Fantasy game and a few Zelda games.

The first Zelda is a total nightmare. Even after I gave in and used a walkthrough I really struggled to get through it. Made a start on Zelda 2, but I get the feeling I'm going to struggle there too.

Ocarina of Time took me six years to finish, so yeah, completing them all is what you could call a "long term" goal :lol:

outdated_gamer

Post by outdated_gamer » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:36 pm

Not collecting, but I was recently trying to complete all the older Mega Man games. They're pretty tough... :wink:

SpockIOM

Post by SpockIOM » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:51 pm

theantmeister wrote:
The first Zelda is a total nightmare. Even after I gave in and used a walkthrough I really struggled to get through it. Made a start on Zelda 2, but I get the feeling I'm going to struggle there too.
Zelda 2 is a tough game, but I thought the 2nd quest of Zelda 1 was harder. It's those 2 spiral dungeons that are the killers!

The bit I'm really going to grit my teeth over is getting through all the FF spinoff games like Crystal Chronicles and Mystic Quest.

I think I might add all of the Castlevania series to the list too.
Yours sincerely, the little voice in your head that talks when you read.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:54 pm

Pretty much the same as everybody else who's posted I'm after the scrolling fighters and Capcom & Shinobi games in general.. Got Final Fight 1 & 3 just need Final Fight 2 also need Rushing Beat Run to finish my Rushing Beat collection.. For some reason I want Peace Keepers the Pal version of Rushing Beat Shura I heard its supposed to be terrible conversion
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

killbot

Post by killbot » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:15 pm

I currently have every Super Mario platform game from SMB on the NES to 3D World on the Wii U. Zelda is the next full set to go for (excluding the CDI games I'm currently only lacking Four Swords Adventures, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons and A Link Between Worlds - struggling to find the first three for a decent price but I'll get there one of these days...).

Metroid is another I'd like to get the full set of, but the original and Super Metroid are both pricey. I'm half tempted to sell my factory sealed copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy to fund the purchase of those two, since I have the three games individually anyway. Not sure about that though, I have a feeling I may come to regret it if I do.

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:50 am

Phantasy Star
Every time I start the first I get further

DONT TOUCH ITS DIFFACULTY' ITS EVIL!!!