PS3 Gaming is great, get on board yo

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

ShadowMan

Re: PS3 collecting

Post by ShadowMan » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:30 pm

Megamixer wrote:
Sel Feena wrote:Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but watching YT vids it looks like a good 'un.
Is there too much of a language barrier? Been interested in this myself.
Well there is a story but I got the feeling it was standard anime stuff. Its not like Lost Planet had an amazing story either so I don't think I'm missing much. The gameplay is dead easy to get used to though, and I personally prefer it to Lost Planet. Its a really fast paced arcadey game with a surprisingly deep combat system when you start playing around with it.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:53 pm

Sel Feena wrote:Here's most of my collection so far...

^ My RPG collection, which I really need to work into. Was playing through Rorona until Diablo 3 distracted me. Cross Edge is definitely the odd one out here, it's bobbins! Just realised I missed out the two Xillia games there, yet to give them a go.

^ Imported stuff, a mixed bag with some fighting and shooting games, and Project Diva and Idolm@ster stuff. Also Dragon's Crown and a couple of compilations.
That's a awesome collection half those I've never saw or even knew existed that PS3 Onichanbara is new to me will have to hunt that one down is it any good? Also are the Project Diva's playable are do they have the language barrier?

It wouldn't let me reply to you with the images in the quote
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:57 pm

Here's my PS3 collection I also have the Final Fantasy Reverent Wings Box set and Deception V not pictured.. I have a pretty poor collection compared to most peoples on here, somebody keeps getting my PS3 RPG's 8)

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:13 pm

My PS3 gets a little neglected and I often forget about 'wants' on the system. There are a few I can see in the pics I want, looking at you Sel Feena!

Under Night In-Birth
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max
Blazblue Chronophantasma
Shin Koihime Musuo

I have Aquapazza which I enjoy and Fighting Climax is coming out soon so I intend on getting that and the above fighters.

I imagine a lot of these games will maintain some of their worth, some being import only so will be sought after. My focus in the past few years has been PS2 fighters but I nearly have all that I want there now, so onto PS3 next :D

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:15 pm

I was pleasantly surprised by AquaPazza, it's actually pretty decent.
@Shinobi: Nah, no real barrier at all, its easily playable in Jap. The Oneechanbara game is good fun, just don't go expecting Ninja Gaiden or anything. A PS4 version's coming out soon I think.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:19 pm

Is Shin Koihime Musou any good? I like the look of it but not keen on splashing out too much.

Aquapazza only cost me something like £17 new and can be found for less than that now. Really enjoy it and even managed to get some online games in on purchase. Not so much now :lol:

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:50 pm

^On balance, I'd say you're best off seeing if you can get it in cheap, that one's nothing special.

Analog

Post by Analog » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:52 pm

thanks for that list ,there were a few from this gen that released physical copies which are mainly download codes (far cry blood dragon). deus ex had various versions released.
I suspect prices haven't touched rock bottom yet, although since the trend of videogame collecting seems to be increasing in recent years and this was the generation where auction sites like ebay took off I suspect we could be in slightly different climate to when ps2 entered its final years. i've been picking up ones I want here and there where I see them, a lot I am interested in playing right away, some which I have an interest in playing in the future been keeping a note of ones I have an interest in as ps3 generation has progressed. i've noticed there is not many in charity shops yet but quite a few at bargain prices in second hand gaming shops. agreed about the point that multiplatform titles were better on 360, bayonetta was a good example.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:20 pm

I own and have finished the 3 PS2 Onichanbara or Zombie Hunters and the 360 Onichanbara.. Liked athe series a lot apart from I can't kill those mist Zombies on the 360 Onichanbara - never knew the latest Onichanbara had a PS3 release so that's some more money gone :D I got the Project Diva game on the phone and enjoyed it

Here's my collection hopefully it prints this time

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:30 pm

How is Caladrius, any good? Looks amazing, need to get that in sooner rather than later

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:15 pm

Caladrius is superb it reminds me of a cross between dodonpachi saidaioujou(with the women talking non stop over the action) and the Raiden games mostly due to the weapons.. Mainly I like it as I don't suck on it and can do the first level without dying gets very hard later on .. Also all the buttons do something normal shot, shield, short range and Raiden rail gun screen filling homing weapon, took a while to get used to..

Got some really nice death scene's full screen shots of the women's clothes shredding as the ship takes more hits.. I'm mostly rubbish on shooters :oops:

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:50 pm

That PS3 Onechanbara is an enhancement of the second 360 game called 'Z Kagura' which only got released in Japan (and wasn't region-free). That's one that I want to get a hold of soon too :)
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:15 pm

Seems to be a focus on Japanese imports on this thread, while I have no doubt there were some unreleased gems over here it seems to me (maybe) a lot of Japanese games are just bought for the sake of the cover.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:32 am

Not at all, importing can be bloody pricy so if anything I tend to do my homework on the games I get in, to make sure it's something I'll enjoy.

sidney

Post by sidney » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:50 am

The PS3 crept up on me slowly but when I bought one in 2009 I gradually bought various titles here and there and now have 75+ titles for it, over 80 if you count downloads, that is games I have kept and want to keep and not counting titles I have traded. It has been a great workhorse for me and I use it for a ton of stuff. I have ended up pretty fanatical about it and seeing 250+ game collections mentioned here tells me I have a long way to go collection wise!