PS3 Gaming is great, get on board yo

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Flint

Re: PS3 collecting

Post by Flint » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:44 pm

Does anybody have a list of these re-releases that include all the DLC on the disc?

Interesting to see that the Dark Souls steelbook mentioned earlier rising in price, it was limited to 3000 but Zavvi really struggled to sell them, they went as low as £17.59 about a year ago which is when I bought mine.
In retrospect I should have bought a few more but the whole thing seemed weird, I even remeber doing a search regarding the one I did buy as I thought something must have been wrong with it.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:57 pm

I can start with Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition!

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:43 pm

Flint wrote:Does anybody have a list of these re-releases that include all the DLC on the disc?
Assassin's Creed 2 - Complete Edition
Batman Arkham Asylum - GotY Edition
Batman Arkham City - GotY Edition
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Ultimate Edition
Borderlands - GotY Edition
DiRT - Complete Edition
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind - GotY Edition
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion - GotY Edition
Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition
Fallout 3 - GotY Edition
Fallout New Vegas - Ultimate Edition
Ghost Recon: Advanced War fighter 2 - Legacy Edition
Grand Theft Auto 4 - Complete Edition
Heavy Rain - Move Edition PS3
Little Big Planet - GotY Edition
LA Noire - Complete Edition
Mafia 2 - Director's Cut
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - Complete Edition
Mass Effect - Platinum Edition
Mortal Kombat - Komplete Edition
Midnight Club: Los Angeles - Complete Edition
Naughty Bear - Gold Edition
Resident Evil 5 - Gold Edition
Red Dead Redemption - GotY Edition
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition
Super Street Fight 4 Arcade Edition
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - GotY Edition
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - GotY Edition
Worms Collection

List was found a while ago, will try and find the owner. If people/you guys keep mentioning games I'm sure I can keep the list updated.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:46 pm

Flint wrote:Interesting to see that the Dark Souls steelbook mentioned earlier rising in price, it was limited to 3000 but Zavvi really struggled to sell them, they went as low as £17.59 about a year ago which is when I bought mine.
In retrospect I should have bought a few more but the whole thing seemed weird, I even remeber doing a search regarding the one I did buy as I thought something must have been wrong with it.
Zavvi didn't do the set justice at all tho, the pictures were poor and the image didn't show a steelbook irc; they did eventually update it, and when word broke out they sold out, slowly.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:31 pm

Here's most of my collection so far...

^ My RPG collection, which I really need to work into. Was playing through Rorona until Diablo 3 distracted me. Cross Edge is definitely the odd one out here, it's bobbins! Just realised I missed out the two Xillia games there, yet to give them a go.

^ Imported stuff, a mixed bag with some fighting and shooting games, and Project Diva and Idolm@ster stuff. Also Dragon's Crown and a couple of compilations.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:37 pm

llj wrote:Limited Editions are nice and all, but I was talking about strictly picking up games you want to PLAY, and nothing else. If you don't care about moe pillows or whatnot and just want to play Hyperdimensional Neptunia, for instance.
Don't worry, I understand. As I've already said several times, I don't buy things I won't play but I AM enjoying speculating on which CE's/LE's will have some value in the future. Doesn't mean I'm suggesting that people should go crazy and buy them all up :wink:

My rule with CE's is to buy them for the games I want to play as long as the stuff inside actually appeals to me. Street Fighter X Tekken is a game I really enjoy for example but I didn't bother with the LE as it's sh*t.
retrojc wrote:If people/you guys keep mentioning games I'm sure I can keep the list updated.
The only one I own which is missing from the list so far is Formula 1 2013 Complete Edition (I'll also add that the bonus stuff in this game is amazing and not the usual DLC tat).

Sel Feena: amazing collection :) . That's the first time that I've seen some of those Atelier games too (had no idea what some of them looked like as I've literally not seen them for sale).
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:04 pm

Sel Feena: Very nice collection, not many of those games are my cup of tea, but still a lovely collection :)

I am looking to Buy Deception IV, looks interesting and I have on my radar Natural Doctrine 'nd Akiba's Trip Undead & Undre​ssed. I suspect you're probably interested in those. But I couldn't stand lollipop chainsaw, and they look similar but then again I have only seen moment of gameplay.

But at most I would like to pay £15 each for them, anymore is a little too much. Can I ask, are you buying those RPGs new, or waiting a little? Just as I notice a lot of games I have bought experience nasty price drops, but I can't shake the feeling that on some (lego games) if I don't get them I won't be able to.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:13 pm

retrojc wrote:Sel Feena: Very nice collection, not many of those games are my cup of tea, but still a lovely collection :)

I am looking to Buy Deception IV, looks interesting and I have on my radar Natural Doctrine 'nd Akiba's Trip Undead & Undre​ssed. I suspect you're probably interested in those. But I couldn't stand lollipop chainsaw, and they look similar but then again I have only seen moment of gameplay.

But at most I would like to pay £15 each for them, anymore is a little too much. Can I ask, are you buying those RPGs new, or waiting a little? Just as I notice a lot of games I have bought experience nasty price drops, but I can't shake the feeling that on some (lego games) if I don't get them I won't be able to.
Best to snap them up quick, IMO, while they're easy to get hold of. Better paying over the odds than having trouble getting them. Akiba's Trip U & U is a lot of goofy fun, has a very good sense of humour, though the loading times between areas is a bit of a downer. The combat system is pretty straightforward, nothing too involved although there's a good variety of weapons to try out.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:31 pm

These are my latest pick ups, and I don't think I will be buying anymore PS3 games for a while. Actually, I bought Port Royale yesterday on ebay, with a low bid that somehow got it. missus bought me Caladrius :)

Flint

Post by Flint » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:26 pm

Thanks for the list, just shows it's best to wait for those type of games, Arkham City in particular as even if you bought it at release you needed to download the catwoman part with a code in the box.

It's pretty much the oppiste of most retro consoles where the original release is preferred to budget re-releases.

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:47 am

Fightersmegamix wrote:
retrojc wrote:Whats the retail release like of Rain, does it have English or is it unnecessary? I do fancy it, but I am unsure if I should buy it or not.
It's in Japanese but I don't think you need English. If anything it's better as the English version pretty much tells you what to do in places, if you don't speak Japanese there is a little more of a puzzle element to the game. I still got all the trophies in a days play. You get a couple of postcards in the case and additional themes and a music video on the disk. It's a nice little package.
There's actually a version with Chinese & English subtitles available. :)

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:53 pm

Latest additions

EX Troopers, Arcana Heart Love Max and also got round to grabbing the localised version of Project Diva f

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:22 pm

I got that Ex Troopers the other day as well, I do like cel shaded stuff.
Splink!

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:27 pm

Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but watching YT vids it looks like a good 'un.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:39 pm

Sel Feena wrote:Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but watching YT vids it looks like a good 'un.
Is there too much of a language barrier? Been interested in this myself.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.