New 3DS models announced

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Mootown

Re: New 3DS models announced

Post by Mootown » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:07 am

ALK wrote:Think he means if your 3DS is buggered, then bye bye games.

Apparently you can do system transfer from old to new model, but you won't be able to transfer from new to old models.
Where did you get the can't transfer from new to old model information from?

djslope

Post by djslope » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:37 am

Mootown wrote:

Apparently you can do system transfer from old to new model, but you won't be able to transfer from new to old models.
I heard this too on an IGN podcast although its more guess work

The most upsetting thing for me is that i have a 3ds xl at the mo and i couldn't go back to a normal sized 3ds now BUT I WANT CO LOURED BUTTONS lol

If they release this over here and you can transfer data then i will no doubt pick one up spes for the advanced 3d viewing

Mootown

Post by Mootown » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:40 am

djslope wrote:
Mootown wrote:

I heard this too on an IGN podcast although its more guess work

The most upsetting thing for me is that i have a 3ds xl at the mo and i couldn't go back to a normal sized 3ds now BUT I WANT CO LOURED BUTTONS lol

If they release this over here and you can transfer data then i will no doubt pick one up spes for the advanced 3d viewing
The screen size on the new Nintendo 3DS (not new XL) are bigger than the current standard 3DS, so it sort of sits inbetween XL and Standard. You'll defo be able to transfer from an old console to a new one...

ALK

Post by ALK » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:10 pm

3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

Havantgottaclue

Post by Havantgottaclue » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:46 pm

I have certainly been thinking about getting hold of a 3DS recently. The plan was to get one whenever Persona Q makes its way to these shores in November this year. However I'm going to hold off on one now until the new 3DS appears along with Xenoblade, a game I made a very concerted start with on the Wii but never found the time to finish. I expect it will be ideal for the daily commute.
Soon you will have forgotten all things: soon all things will have forgotten you. (Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 7)

adippm82

Post by adippm82 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:53 pm

RetroBob wrote:
slacey1070 wrote:The fact that any downloaded titles are tied to the machine, rather than the account, kills any chance of me buying the new model!
Can't you do system transfer?
Until Nintendo change this policy of having only one machine per Club Nintendo account, I'm out, compared to what can be done with the PSN and consoles, this whole policy is stifling.

I have a PSP and Vita authorised on my PSN account, and two other machines available, if I want to use those, a couple of key presses in the account management, and they can be activated, in place of one of the others...lovely.

I got the original 3DS, and joined the Ambassador program with the free games, and when I got the XL, I had no intention of doing a system transfer for those games as I like the way they look on the smaller screen, this meant the other games such as Pullblox had to stay on that as well, with no means of even transferring single titles over to the new machine, I have ended up with two machines with a different set of downloaded games on them, absolute rubbish from Nintendo, why do they stick to this ridiculous policy, I have two machines, why cannot they both access the same account?

Also I think creating a two tier system of this 'New 3DS' with a more powerful CPU is just going to cause confusion, and resentment when the inevitable happens and a triple A title comes out only for this new machine.