Resident Evil HD Remaster

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Are you going to buy Resident Evil HD Remaster

Yes
40%
No
38%
Can't decide
22%

Total votes: 45

Dam

Re: Resident Evil HD Remaster

Post by Dam » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:52 pm

Got mine from Play Asia today, not bad to say it was only despatched on Thurs! Was expecting big things when I opened it up, and whilst the map is pretty cool, the 'Art guide book' is rubbish, its just a load of photographs of rooms in the mansion.

HisNHer_LP

Post by HisNHer_LP » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:47 pm

Wow, wasn't aware it was out yet, nor that it got a special edition.

The map looks great, big fan of them and the box art I love! So are we getting a cd game or a download? And will it come to ps4? I have never played the GameCube versions so don't know how good they are really, so have no problem giving this a go

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:01 pm

HisNHer_LP wrote:Wow, wasn't aware it was out yet, nor that it got a special edition.

The map looks great, big fan of them and the box art I love! So are we getting a cd game or a download? And will it come to ps4? I have never played the GameCube versions so don't know how good they are really, so have no problem giving this a go
Download only for this outside of Japan. For whatever reason Japan is getting the game this year while we have to wait until next year. Its only out on PS3/Xbox 360 over there at the moment though and its coming out on Xbox One and PS4 next year, I'm guessing we get all the versions at once (unless they delay the PC version for no reason, as some devs - Rockstar seem to do). Its also worth noting the Japanese version is in English, voice acting and text which is a cool bonus. My copy should hopefully be here this week, I can't wait to give it a shot, I love the Gamecube version (completed it many times) and to be able to play it on my HDTV will be very nice indeed (Gamecube, Wii version is 4:3 only).
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Dam

Post by Dam » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:39 pm

ShadowMan wrote: Its also worth noting the Japanese version is in English, voice acting and text which is a cool bonus.
I think its actually only the Asian version that has multi-language, as far as I know the Japanese version is Japanese only.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:46 pm

Dam wrote:
ShadowMan wrote: Its also worth noting the Japanese version is in English, voice acting and text which is a cool bonus.
I think its actually only the Asian version that has multi-language, as far as I know the Japanese version is Japanese only.
I don't have mine so I can't confirm yet, but I swear its for both versions. I should have it by the end of this week so I'll check it out.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:57 am

Will there be hard copies for current gen machines in Japan? Would be nice to get a disk on XB1 rather than an expensive download that will no doubt be reduced or given away for free as soon as I buy it :)

batman877

Post by batman877 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:38 am

I'm more than happy to stick with my Gamecube version... I don't really want to buy this game again for the 5th time! (i.e. PS1, PS1 Director's Cut, Gamecube & DS)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:49 pm

Fightersmegamix wrote:Will there be hard copies for current gen machines in Japan? Would be nice to get a disk on XB1 rather than an expensive download that will no doubt be reduced or given away for free as soon as I buy it :)
No word on that yet, there might be a PS4 version when it gets released (whenever that is) but I doubt there will be a Japanese Xbox One release physically. Judging by the absence of a Japanese Xbox 360 physical release I just can't see Capcom bothering unfortunately.

Anyway, my copy arrived today (quicker than expected) and I've been playing it this afternoon.

I'm pretty out of practice, I'm playing at a glacial pace to be on the safe side, relearning the best ways of dodging zombies or knifing them to accumulate a nice amount of ammo. Its totally in English (this is the Japanese version) so which ever physical version you get gives you the option for English voices and text.

Graphically I'm torn on the game at the moment. It looks really good in some areas, while others don't look quite so good. Its weirdly inconsistent, though I don't know if that's just the lighting and in fact I'm remembering it looking slightly nicer than it actually was.

Dam

Post by Dam » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:48 pm

Yeah I see Play Asia are now stating that both versions have English language option, whereas before release it was only advertising the Asian version as being dual language. Had I known this, I *might* not have bought it so soon, as the Japanese version would probably be fairly easy to pick up down the line at a lower price. Oh well, I'd better play it soon then to get my moneys worth I guess...

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:36 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
Fightersmegamix wrote:Will there be hard copies for current gen machines in Japan? Would be nice to get a disk on XB1 rather than an expensive download that will no doubt be reduced or given away for free as soon as I buy it :)
No word on that yet, there might be a PS4 version when it gets released (whenever that is) but I doubt there will be a Japanese Xbox One release physically. Judging by the absence of a Japanese Xbox 360 physical release I just can't see Capcom bothering unfortunately.

Anyway, my copy arrived today (quicker than expected) and I've been playing it this afternoon.

I'm pretty out of practice, I'm playing at a glacial pace to be on the safe side, relearning the best ways of dodging zombies or knifing them to accumulate a nice amount of ammo. Its totally in English (this is the Japanese version) so which ever physical version you get gives you the option for English voices and text.

Graphically I'm torn on the game at the moment. It looks really good in some areas, while others don't look quite so good. Its weirdly inconsistent, though I don't know if that's just the lighting and in fact I'm remembering it looking slightly nicer than it actually was.
Do you still have to burn the zombie's to stop them coming back as the red zombies(if they're heads don't explode) or do they stay dead? Compared to Resi 1 and the Directors cut does it have extra rooms, as I vaguely remember the puzzles being different and a monster woman who couldn't be killed possibly in a cabin? Is it the same as the Gamecube Wii Resi remake just graphically better or does it have new stages etc as I'm debating ording from Play Asia...
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:32 am

Shinobi wrote:
Do you still have to burn the zombie's to stop them coming back as the red zombies(if they're heads don't explode) or do they stay dead? Compared to Resi 1 and the Directors cut does it have extra rooms, as I vaguely remember the puzzles being different and a monster woman who couldn't be killed possibly in a cabin? Is it the same as the Gamecube Wii Resi remake just graphically better or does it have new stages etc as I'm debating ording from Play Asia...
Its the Gamecube version so yes Crimson Heads are definitely still in, as are all the Gamecube puzzles, monsters (Lisa Trevor) and associated areas. As far as I'm aware though there are no new stages, so unless you want a HD version of the Gamecube game there's technically no need to get it. Its worth it in my opinion, as the game looks better on my HDTV compared to playing the Gamecube version via component cables plus it runs in 16:9 screen ratio on my TV. Oh, and its nice to have trophies as well :oops:

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:33 am

Download version it is then I guess, would have preffered a physical copy.
batman877 wrote:I'm more than happy to stick with my Gamecube version... I don't really want to buy this game again for the 5th time! (i.e. PS1, PS1 Director's Cut, Gamecube & DS)
I thought that with RE Code Veronica on 360 but once I started again it was a joy revisiting this style of play. The convenience of a having a game on a current console and a few achievements to make you play again was a good way to enjoy a bit of retro.

I'm more than happy to support this and make it a success if it encourages the sequels to go in the direction everyone except Capcom knows they should.