What classic game are you struggling to find?

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

PostieDoc

What classic game are you struggling to find?

Post by PostieDoc » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:41 am

As collectors we all know it is a lot harder to track down certain games than others.
It may be that you can't find the game on Ebay/ Car boot sales or that when you do find it, the price is so astronomically high that you have to pass on the game.

I have recently purchased Mercenary for the Plus/4 (for only £4) which I am dead chuffed about, but can't for the life of me find Saboteur which I consider to be the Plus/4 best game.

What games are you struggling to get hold off?

Any format, age doesn't matter.

dste

Re: What classic game are you struggling to find?

Post by dste » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:14 am

I wouldn't call it a classic game but Pokemon XD for the Cube is what I would class as being the last big/expensive game that I'm after for my Cube collection.

As it's not supposed to that great a game I'm reluctant to pay much for it, especially the prices that it sells for.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:21 am

I think most things from the 90's onwards are pretty easy to find just by searching ebay...it's all about how much you are prepared to pay.

PS3 games that I'm struggling to find in physical shops (as in not just going on ebay and clicking 'Buy' on everything I see) for a good price and in good condition are:

- DoA 5 Ultimate (seen a few manky copies in CEX at too high a price)
- Warriors Orochi 3 (again, only manky CEX copies at huge prices have been spotted)
- Crash Time 4: The Syndicate (never seen a copy of this in the flesh)
- Any Atelier games other than Rorona

I could probably ebay any of these at any time but I'm not desperate for any of them at the moment. I'll always look out for them in shops though.

Retro stuff I haven't even bother to list as nowhere around here sells anything so I can ebay it at any time when I see a reasonable price.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:27 pm

Any Fire Emblem game.

Ps2 to xbox original controller converters that are not rancid and horrible.

llj

Post by llj » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:06 pm

Physical shops only?

There are games I can't AFFORD, but very few I haven't seen at least once in person.

I would say that I would like a copy of PS1 Rhapsody A Musical Adventure NTSC. It's not worth a huge amount, and I've only ever seen one copy in person, but it was priced about $10 higher than I preferred. It's a very short and simple RPG so it really shouldn't be splurged on to get.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:39 pm

llj wrote:Physical shops only?

There are games I can't AFFORD, but very few I haven't seen at least once in person.

I would say that I would like a copy of PS1 Rhapsody A Musical Adventure NTSC. It's not worth a huge amount, and I've only ever seen one copy in person, but it was priced about $10 higher than I preferred. It's a very short and simple RPG so it really shouldn't be splurged on to get.
The DS version is there if you only wish to play it.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:42 pm

Assassins Creed Anthology (PS3) is the one i'm struggling to find at a decent price. Never seen it outside of ebay.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:43 pm

nokgod wrote:Assassins Creed Anthology (PS3) is the one i'm struggling to find at a decent price. Never seen it outside of ebay.
I think that is in my CEX, if you want I can pick it up for you.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:47 pm

The big box version? How much is it mate, as i'd be interested if its complete, good condition..etc, etc :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:50 pm

nokgod wrote:The big box version? How much is it mate, as i'd be interested if its complete, good condition..etc, etc :D
I'll check it out tomorow and get back to ya. :D

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:40 pm

gman72 wrote:
nokgod wrote:The big box version? How much is it mate, as i'd be interested if its complete, good condition..etc, etc :D
I'll check it out tomorow and get back to ya. :D
cheers! 8) Am on holiday for a fortnight from tomorrow morning, but i'll get the occasional signal on my phone. (will be in The Valley's). Don't worry if its over £50 though....that's my top end.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:49 pm

I dont recall it being that expensive. If its there tomorrow morning i will snap a piccy for ya. If its silly cheap i will get it anyway before someone else does. I missed a nice buy in there this week. The first 360 Prince Of Persia game - the one that had a cell shaded look - in a lovely limited edition tin box with nice art and a slip case 2 quid. The staff were being complete losers with only one on the tills serving some chav trying to flog them a crappy phone while the other employees lazed by shelves chatting. I didnt have time to wait so i put it back and today it was gone. :roll:

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Yeah, CeX take the mick sometimes. There should be separate tills for incoming/outgoing stuff. I was once behind a guy trading in over 100 dvd's. I gave up as well. :lol: Thanks for looking mate, much obliged! :D

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:22 pm

Funnily a lot of the stuff people here are after I either own or saw in town today in CEX..

Postie I did have 4 copies of the C16 plus 4 Saboteur the Durell Clam shell, two alternative versions with the cooler covers and tape only Saboteur 1 and 2.. If I still have them I will send you one for free.. The game I was always after was Pharaohs Tomb on the C16 me and my friend where after this for years but when I joined RG Sixteen plus gave me it for free along with Ghost Town my other most wanted game..

These days its the Super Famicom Undercover Cops, Captain Commando, King of Dragons and Gurume Sentai Barayarō on the Super Famicom which would all be stupidly expensive if they turned up on Ebay

Common or shop games
Namco Encore 360
A non manky PSP that doesn't have a scratched screen
Ghostbusters PS2
Luigi's Mansion gamecube a non manky copy with instuctions and a disc that's not been used as a coaster
PN03 Gamecube never see it ever
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:27 pm

Have never seen Polarium (DS) in the wild despite it being pretty high up on my wants list from the day I finally got my hands on the system.
I know I could get a CIB copy for a fiver online but considering how abundant DS games still are on the high street I'm holding off resorting to that as long as possible.