Rubbish games you love.

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

GigaPepsiMan

Rubbish games you love.

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:32 am

I loved this game enough that I actually managed to beat it, maybe it was nostalgia for the game that helped me but I can't deny the obvious fact that this game is completely broken and badly designed. A while back I met someone who used to play this when they were a kid and they wouldn't believe me when I told them I had beat it, to them this game was impossible and to be fair this game takes some doing to beat without an FAQ, it's impossible to 100% without and FAQ because of missable items and events. One thing's for sure, I sure as hell felt accomplished when I beat it.

ArchaicKoala

Re: Rubbish games you love.

Post by ArchaicKoala » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:03 am

Dark Castle on the Mega Drive :D I honestly don't find it to be that bad a game

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:07 pm

Primal Rage - I have four versions of it and want more. In fact I even took the SNES cart off the OP's hands! :lol:

Son_of_Shinobi

Post by Son_of_Shinobi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:52 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:Primal Rage - I have four versions of it and want more. In fact I even took the SNES cart off the OP's hands! :lol:
I always thought the arcade version was really cool, especially when you ate the humans

dste

Post by dste » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:58 pm

Suppose it could be classed as a rubbish game but I really like Who Wants to be a Millionaire on the Dreamcast.

Good laugh with friends.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

ncf1

Post by ncf1 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:27 pm

no way is millionaire rubbish, that's a classic to me too, even by myself, lol.

I like a game called Personal Nightmare on the Amiga - don't know anyone else who ever has and generally people hate it because its so difficult but the atmosphere in that game is just brilliant. You walk around this small township and fraternize with people who you don't know until much later are all part of a cult, unreal for 1989.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:32 pm

Mindjack is so jaw droppingly bad it nearly becomes good. Almost completely broken, but how could you fail to laugh when you take over the body of a cowering young girl who then magics a shotgun out of thin air and takes out a whole squad of soldiers, all whilst your AI partner fires into a wall

gunbladelad

Post by gunbladelad » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:39 pm

Super Hydlide was almost universally panned, but I loved it.

Sadly now lacking a Mega Drive my only option if I ever want to replay it is through less-than-legal means - it's never made it onto any official Mega Drive compilation that I've ever seen.
Where logic won't work, I will

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:56 pm

dste wrote:Suppose it could be classed as a rubbish game but I really like Who Wants to be a Millionaire on the Dreamcast.

Good laugh with friends.
Don't know if it's the same as the PS1 version but that game was a laugh too.

- 'Ask the audience'...all the seats are empty! Also, the audience majority vote is usually wrong!

- 'Phone a friend' ...why do all they all sound Carribean and say they are certain of the answer when it's nearly always wrong?!?

:lol:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:11 pm

south park game chef's luv shack, on the n64. Great fun with 3-4 friends
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

dste

Post by dste » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:47 am

Megamixer wrote:Don't know if it's the same as the PS1 version but that game was a laugh too.

- 'Ask the audience'...all the seats are empty! Also, the audience majority vote is usually wrong!

- 'Phone a friend' ...why do all they all sound Carribean and say they are certain of the answer when it's nearly always wrong?!?

:lol:
I remember the it panning round and all the seats being empty.

There was a Geordie on the phone a friend who had possibly the worst Geordie accent known to mankind. :lol:
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!