XBone ad

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Mentski

Re: XBone ad

Post by Mentski » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:09 am

1: It's been reported that every time that ad is on the second he says "Xbox on" thousands of Xbox Ones spring to life.

2: The ad spends it's time trying to promote the wonder of Kinect, only to advertise the console's price "From £349" - The price of the Kinectless Xbone bundle.

Brilliant Marketing by Microsoft right there... If they had forethought they'd be dangerous.
A beard with an idiot hanging off it, Writes about videogames when the apathy isn't kicking in.
http://www.rosetintedgamers.com - http://www.youtube.com/mentski

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:59 am

'From' being the operative word.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:18 am

Vanilla advert to capture the interest of the not so hardcore gaming market, not seen any Sony "For The Gamers" adverts shown at the same time.....thought EA might have spammed some stuff about FIFA 15 too.

stayAwhile

Post by stayAwhile » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:36 am

IronMaidenRule wrote:Vanilla advert to capture the interest of the not so hardcore gaming market, not seen any Sony "For The Gamers" adverts shown at the same time.....thought EA might have spammed some stuff about FIFA 15 too.

the games that get tv ads are the games that dont need it any way i.e cod fifa wwe gta games that will make loadsa money but games aimed at hardcore gamers only(or some other smaller target auidence) relie on word of mouth or game mags/sites. in short modern games adverts are pointless
This guy are sick

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:37 pm

stayAwhile wrote:
IronMaidenRule wrote:Vanilla advert to capture the interest of the not so hardcore gaming market, not seen any Sony "For The Gamers" adverts shown at the same time.....thought EA might have spammed some stuff about FIFA 15 too.

the games that get tv ads are the games that dont need it any way i.e cod fifa wwe gta games that will make loadsa money but games aimed at hardcore gamers only(or some other smaller target auidence) relie on word of mouth or game mags/sites. in short modern games adverts are pointless

Adverts keep a brand fresh in people's minds, or might serve to remind casual fans that the latest instalments are coming out. Lots of films or albums will make a tonne of money anyway but are still plugged on the tv and radio

Son_of_Shinobi

Post by Son_of_Shinobi » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:33 pm

crusto wrote:I've just been unfortunate enough to watch this ad again. I think it may actually be the worst ad I have witnessed in a very long time.

Yyyyyyooooo

:lol:

What a load of old bollocks and a total non advert for a very capable system..
The "YO" generation wants an Xbox one. Probably.

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:57 pm

At last, Jessie Pinkman turned my XBOX on, the bastard!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:30 am

Could be worse, could have been the wife.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.