XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Fightersmegamix

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:57 am

I downloaded D4 last night. The kinect controls took a little getting used to but they actually work pretty well. The game seems really good, quirky and different, if you enjoyed deadly premonition you'll enjoy this.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:12 am

I just broke my own golden rule and purchased Evil Within without reading any reviews for guidance... i hope i dont live to regret this decision. :lol:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:42 am

Gman, you should have waited, it'll be 10p in a few weeks

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:54 am

Titanfall update then, sounds pretty good to me. New hoard type mode, new enemies, extra game modes. I'll probably pick up the season pass now, with the extra maps I'll probably get quite a bit of extra play out of it.

Joey

Post by Joey » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:06 pm

Fightersmegamix wrote:Titanfall update then, sounds pretty good to me. New hoard type mode, new enemies, extra game modes. I'll probably pick up the season pass now, with the extra maps I'll probably get quite a bit of extra play out of it.
Yea I saw GAME were doing a deal on a used copy of the game, the season pass and 3 months XBL for the same price as the game new.

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:34 am

gman72 wrote:I just broke my own golden rule and purchased Evil Within without reading any reviews for guidance... i hope i dont live to regret this decision. :lol:
I got Outlast because my son badgered me into it, 5mins in I thought "nah, not for me" He loves it though! :/
Scott me up beamie!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:30 pm

The trailer/short film on the Games tab of the dash for Halo The Master Chief Collection has got me totally hyped. It has these different players talking about their memories of playing Halo and what it meant to them... can't bloody wait

to any other xbox one owners who are getting this game and want to run through campaign in co-op mode then add me.
swampy101 :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

crusto

Post by crusto » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:55 pm

gman72 wrote:The trailer/short film on the Games tab of the dash for Halo The Master Chief Collection has got me totally hyped. It has these different players talking about their memories of playing Halo and what it meant to them... can't bloody wait

to any other xbox one owners who are getting this game and want to run through campaign in co-op mode then add me.
swampy101 :D
If you can wait till crimbo time il be your friend :wink:

Eat your nans pants

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Thats cool, crusto.
I may be on Halo 2 by christmas but go ahead and add me for co-op play :D

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:49 am

Halo collection looks nice but I don't know if I have the will to replay through 4 games I've already played to death. CGI extras look good though.

I'll pick up sunset overdrive next, maybe evil within once the price drops. Titanfall season pass on sale for about £7 now, paid £20 about 5 days ago - the joys of digital :) The hoard mode is good though, although some maps are much harder than others.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:21 am

COD, Halo, GTA and Far Cry all incoming this month... :shock:
Also im getting that Dead Island spin off game on 360 this month too... crumbs :shock:

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:59 pm

The regular free indie for Live gold members this month is Volgarr The Viking, a "hardcore 16bit" sidescrolling platformer. Dullness abounds. At least Microsoft are being consistent with the standard of these offerings - they've all been mediocre so far. Not bothering to download this tbh. The indie scene on the XO is utter garbage.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:06 pm

gman72 wrote:COD, Halo, GTA and Far Cry all incoming this month... :shock:
Also im getting that Dead Island spin off game on 360 this month too... crumbs :shock:
Farcry is here already? Blimey, that maybe the next game I get TBH. I wouldn't mind paying full price for Far Cry 4 if it's the same sort of awesome Far Cry 3 was. Then it should carry me through until Evil Within is 10p! win win.

Joey

Post by Joey » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:55 pm

Anyone picked up Advance Warfare today?

The multiplayer is definitely back on track after the disappointment of Ghosts last year! The new movement mechanics are really fun and the ability to boost strafe on the ground and in the air makes for proper fire fights instead of the first person to pull the trigger getting the kill. The maps I've played have all been of a decent size and not the huge lonely, camper friendly maps that Ghosts had and they also have the same load out system that was in Black Ops 2.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:58 pm

I'd rather pick up Ebola