XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

themightymartin

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by themightymartin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:29 am

gman72 wrote:
Fightersmegamix wrote:Apparently D4 is out soon, if not now. Looks ok, but would prefer a disk version. I'll get sunset overdrive but the xmas line up looks pretty poor for my tastes.
what, sir, is D4?
The sequel to D3.

Although in this instance I believe Fightersmegamix is referring to Diablo 4.
Xbox Live\Steam: themightymartin
3DS Friend Code: 5000-3656-8384
Zazzle Store: YonDer Designs

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:41 am

D4 is the new game by swery65, maker of deadly premonition, it was announced at the XB1 launch.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:40 am

Fightersmegamix wrote:D4 is the new game by swery65, maker of deadly premonition, it was announced at the XB1 launch.

Ah, yes I had totally forgotten about this game.
I absolutely adored Deadly Premonition so i will be all over this... Dang my Xbox One to play pile is getting big.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:51 am

gman72 wrote:
Fightersmegamix wrote:D4 is the new game by swery65, maker of deadly premonition, it was announced at the XB1 launch.
Ah, yes I had totally forgotten about this game.
I absolutely adored Deadly Premonition so i will be all over this... Dang my Xbox One to play pile is getting big.

Yea, finally got a decent collection of games. I've got the EA access thingy, I'm quite happy with that. I'm just waiting for a decent RPG.
Scott me up beamie!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:37 pm

So how does the EA access actually work and is it worth the money?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:53 pm

gman72 wrote:So how does the EA access actually work and is it worth the money?
They put there older games in a virtual vault and with EA access you can just Download the vault games. Theres five games at the 'mo. Also you get early access to new games and ten percent off new games all for twenty quid a year. I think it's worth it...
Scott me up beamie!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:40 pm

Somebody told me that you can only actually play the games for 6 hours... is there any truth to this?

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:46 pm

Tried the Forza Horizons 2 Demo, very nice but not sure I want to drop £40 on it.

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:50 pm

gman72 wrote:Somebody told me that you can only actually play the games for 6 hours... is there any truth to this?
Wow that would be a shocker, you can download demos early aswell maybe their timed demos?
Scott me up beamie!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:20 pm

several of my work buddies keep talking about this EA access thing but they do band about this 6 hours business... that is putting me of.

Space_turnip

Post by Space_turnip » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:26 am

sscott wrote:Tried the Forza Horizons 2 Demo, very nice but not sure I want to drop £40 on it.
I thought it was stunning. Never really got into the first properly, but enjoyed what I did, but the demo was excellent for number 2. Looks absolutely stunning too.

And with the demo doing the same as Forza 5, sticking people from your friends list into races with you if they've played the demo, it means my experience of the demo was chasing your name through a field at 150 mph. I did win (eventually...) ;)

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:44 am

gman72 wrote:Somebody told me that you can only actually play the games for 6 hours... is there any truth to this?

I think that is just a one off for Fifa 15. people who subscribed got early access to the game for 6 hours.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Have an Xbox voucher, tempted to buy Valiant Hearts with it as it looks something a bit different.

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:19 am

gman72 wrote:several of my work buddies keep talking about this EA access thing but they do band about this 6 hours business... that is putting me of.
EA access has two parts - the vault where you get a selection of games to keep as long as you want as long as you have a subscription - so for the price you get need for speed, battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Madden and Peggle 2 for free (more are added throughout thee year)

Then there is the early access stuff like FIFA and madden. You get 6 hours of playtime before the game is released (an extended demo).

Regarding D4, it's certainly an interesting game, nice graphics style, weird story and interesting characters. For £10 it's worth a try. Forza horizon 2 on the other hand is something g very special. It looks great and the freedom of the open road is really impressive (cutting through a corn field as a Shortcut never gets old). The handling is excellent as well, perfect blend between sim and arcade. Not sure if I'll grab it at launch or wait for drive club before making a decision but I'm very impressed by it, way more so than forza 5.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Joey

Post by Joey » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:52 pm

Has anyone played the Forza Horizon 2 demo?

I'm surprised they have made the handling more sim like than the first game and while that's not an issue to me I'm sure some people may be put off. Still it seems to be an awesome game just like the first one so will be picking it up on Friday.