XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

gman72

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by gman72 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:11 pm

Thats quite a harsh appraisal but each to their own. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:45 pm

I'm pretty happy with the September update, playing a .Mkv as we speak on my usb sick... Please don't call the police :/ super time force seems fun what little I've played so far. And there's a thief demo, I've got it on pc but nice to have a butchers. Now minecraft seriously needs to show it's face, my kids are driving me batty :)
Scott me up beamie!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:58 pm

What with Destiny, Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls, Metro Redux and the incoming Halo collection my Xbox one wont be turned off for some time. :lol:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

sscott

Post by sscott » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:20 pm

gman72 wrote:What with Destiny, Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls, Metro Redux and the incoming Halo collection my Xbox one wont be turned off for some time. :lol:
No way I'm paying for another shitty Halo reboot/remake/update/bollocks thing. Played them when they came out and they're done. This is the new, new generation.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:16 am

sscott wrote:
gman72 wrote:What with Destiny, Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls, Metro Redux and the incoming Halo collection my Xbox one wont be turned off for some time. :lol:
No way I'm paying for another shitty Halo reboot/remake/update/bollocks thing. Played them when they came out and they're done. This is the new, new generation.
Fair play, mate. No ones holding a gun to your head. I'm personally really looking forward to the collection as Ive only ever played through Halo 2 and 4 once and never any of them on my XBOX One. I intend to play through them all, in order, in co-op, on Legendary with my mates it's gonna be class. We gonna have a ball. :D

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:53 am

I can't wait for Halo either. Its between that and Sunset Overdrive for me and maybe Horizon 2 depending what I think of the demo (which should be out next week, really looking forward to that). Oh, and Killer Instinct Round 2.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

sscott

Post by sscott » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:26 pm

gman72 wrote:
sscott wrote:
Fair play, mate. No ones holding a gun to your head. I'm personally really looking forward to the collection as Ive only ever played through Halo 2 and 4 once and never any of them on my XBOX One. I intend to play through them all, in order, in co-op, on Legendary with my mates it's gonna be class. We gonna have a ball. :D
Well, I guess if you're into multiplayer it might be worth it, I just want the new gen to move on and not re-skin old games (however good they may be),

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:51 pm

Games getting released on newer platforms is nothing new is it? Especially during 8 bit days with countless games getting released on several 8bit platforms and then getting released on next gen systems like the ST and Amiga.
I know its all down to the individual and their personal tastes and thats fair enough. I would be happy to play through all the Halo Collection on my own regardless of how many times I played them before but if my mates want in mores the better. :D

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:39 pm

Did anyone see the figures for its Japan launch? Oh dear........

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/10/613044 ... an-release

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:05 pm

Finally got round to buying a XB1. It's the FIFA 15 bundle so have to wait a couple of weeks for it to be delivered but the draw of the Master Chief collection and Forza Horizon 2 was too much! :D

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:02 am

ShadowMan wrote:
I can't wait for Halo either. Its between that and Sunset Overdrive for me and maybe Horizon 2 depending what I think of the demo (which should be out next week, really looking forward to that). Oh, and Killer Instinct Round 2.
I would love to play some Halo co-op with yer. :D

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:02 am

Joey wrote:Finally got round to buying a XB1. It's the FIFA 15 bundle so have to wait a couple of weeks for it to be delivered but the draw of the Master Chief collection and Forza Horizon 2 was too much! :D
I would love to play some Halo co-op with yer :D

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:37 am

Have the house to myself tonight, might finally play Titanfall properly (which came with the machine) I got several months back. Don't know why I've not really played it :?
I am looking forward to Forza Horizons 2 as the first one was fun.

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:52 am

Apparently D4 is out soon, if not now. Looks ok, but would prefer a disk version. I'll get sunset overdrive but the xmas line up looks pretty poor for my tastes.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:14 am

Fightersmegamix wrote:Apparently D4 is out soon, if not now. Looks ok, but would prefer a disk version. I'll get sunset overdrive but the xmas line up looks pretty poor for my tastes.
what, sir, is D4?