XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

sscott

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by sscott » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:58 pm

Scratch_Porkings wrote:
sscott wrote:Halo on the XB1?

Halo Spartan assault, it controls like Smash TV but not half as much fun.
Downloading now, something for free is better than nothing though, taking an age to download though. Got the PS+ stuff to download too. Seem to have hit that point where I spend more time downloading games and updates than playing the buggers.

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:49 am

Is anyone else really enjoying the Destiny beta? It's free to anyone now. Really plays like Halo, oh my god! On the intro I was humming the Halo tune. It felt right. And bungee didn't have to pay royalties lol
Scott me up beamie!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:38 pm

I have it downloaded but wont play until tomorrow. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:44 pm

Scratch_Porkings wrote:Is anyone else really enjoying the Destiny beta?
i give it a try but it just seems to be a dull looking humourless version of borderlands, very average game at best i thought.
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:52 am

Picked up watch dogs, seems ok so far. Spidertank is great and lots to do (too much really). Chicago is dull though, I've yet to start disliking the main character, but I have only just started :)

gman72

Post by gman72 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:36 pm

Theres a pretty cool Xbox One indie 3D Space shooter free on Games For Gold this month. Assault Suit Zero Directors Cut. Very much along the lines of Colony Wars the old PS1 game. Deffo worth a look for a freebie. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

ALK

Post by ALK » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:15 pm

Well my nephew now has an XBone. Yeah, looks like it does what it's supposed to, lol.

Ah well, something to play Arkham Knight on at least...
3DS FC= 0301-9774-9044

PM me if you add me.

sscott

Post by sscott » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:23 am

gman72 wrote:Theres a pretty cool Xbox One indie 3D Space shooter free on Games For Gold this month. Assault Suit Zero Directors Cut. Very much along the lines of Colony Wars the old PS1 game. Deffo worth a look for a freebie. :D
Ooh, will download that then. Not been using my XB1 much lately.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:31 pm

Yeah, same here, I've been back on the 360 for a while as there has not been much about but fear not. From September onwards there's loads of lovely stuff. :D

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:12 am

I've got into a groove with watchdogs, mopping up mini missions and gang hideouts. I've barely played the main story. It's a decent game, lots of rubbish but enough good stuff to keep you interested.

Anyone still playing titanfall?

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:20 am

Fightersmegamix wrote:I've got into a groove with watchdogs, mopping up mini missions and gang hideouts. I've barely played the main story. It's a decent game, lots of rubbish but enough good stuff to keep you interested.

Anyone still playing titanfall?
i pop on it every now and then between Killer Instinct games
I write for...
Check us out for news, reviews and features on the blackest of consoles.Image

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:34 am

gman72 wrote:Yeah, same here, I've been back on the 360 for a while as there has not been much about but fear not. From September onwards there's loads of lovely stuff. :D
I cant wait. I'm ready for new games now. The Witcher 3 looks promising from a vid I saw on Youtube. When I could see past the f*cking ads, It was an open world Rpg without the loading issues that almost ruined 2 for me. Well a City to explore anyway, when you say 'open world' you really should have an entire planet to play with. ha
Scott me up beamie!

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:25 pm

Fightersmegamix wrote: Anyone still playing titanfall?
Me! i try and get at least a few games in every other day, the best FPS I've played in years, love the whole wall running thing it makes the game a lot faster paced than all the other stuff out there :D

ive just managed to get to Gen 6, ive been stuck on 5 for ages, one of the challenges was a bit of a nightmare :evil:

also has anyone tried this months free games with gold? I still havnt tried last months yet, xbone back log already!
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:03 pm

gman72 wrote:Theres a pretty cool Xbox One indie 3D Space shooter free on Games For Gold this month. Assault Suit Zero Directors Cut. Very much along the lines of Colony Wars the old PS1 game. Deffo worth a look for a freebie. :D
Its good. :D

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:16 am

I'm still playing watchdogs, it is definitely starting to outstay it's welcome now though. I tried strike suit zero but it was pretty dull. I'll give it another go but you seem to be just shooting dots against a boring background, with the added joy of an incomprehensible scoring system.