XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

crusto

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by crusto » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:07 pm

gman72 wrote:Elite Dangerous... ... ... ... ... Elite Dangerous... ... ... ...

DID I MENTION ELITE DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry :wink:
See, I knew there had to be one reason for me buying the Xbone :) . But still, I may still wait to play it on the PS4.

Eat your nans pants

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:46 am

Well I sold the XB1. Pretty unusual for me but the next games I want are Gears of War and Scalebound, they're both likely to be 18 months away. I'll pick one up again in the future when it has some more exclusives but didn't really want a collection of multi format games that are the worst versions.

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:18 pm

just got the Marvel Lego game for £8 for my kids with Gold membership, and the Lego Movie game for £10. This months GWG for Xbone is Child of Light witch I was umming and arring about. Cool, money saved! And also Pool Nation, l'll give that a go frees free. (i know it's not free ((£5pm?)) but its still nice)
Scott me up beamie!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:01 pm

I just finished Dying Light. Great game. Loads of side missions racked up hours of gameplay for me. I loved Dead Island and this improves on that template in every way. I'm two episodes in to Resident Evil Revelations 2 now and loving it. Next couple of weeks its DMC and Zombie Army Trilogy. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

AceGrace

Post by AceGrace » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:16 am

Funnily enought I have just bought Resident Evil and Dying Light.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:10 am

cool, i hope you get into Dying Light. I thought it was an excellent game but then i really enjoyed both of the Dead Island games too. As for Revelations 2 im into the second episode of that now and I'm enjoying it. The only fault I've found - and this has been an issue in some previous entries in the series - is the partner AI of the character you're not controlling. Sometimes it gets in the way of yourself or danger a bit too easilly. This medium of entertainment called games that most of us enjoy so much is very rarely perfect though and I can certainly forgive the mighty franchise of Resident Evil a few little faults here and there.
I may get DMC and Dead Or Alive soon as I didnt play either of them on the 360. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:53 pm

I'm about three days into Assasins Creed Unity and may I say wow, so awesome. What the f*ck was all the moaning about on the net? It looks gorgeous and plays err gorgeous asswell. When you start a game and quite early in you know your gonna play it too the end, for me its that game. One issue though, I want the option to wear a powdered wig and lead based white face makeup. If I'm in 1700's france I want to look like a dandy, I'm a bit too 'cool' at the 'mo.
Scott me up beamie!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:11 pm

Two free games for gold this month. Child of Light and Pool Nation FX which is a great pool and snooker sim and allows online play. So if any of you guys fancy an online frame of snooker or pool send me a message. My gamer tag is swampy101 :D

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:10 am

The Metro Redux games have a free to play option now, apparantly you can play about two thirds of both games. I never played them before so looking forward to trying them out.
Scott me up beamie!