XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Roo
Posts: 2044
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:29 am

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by Roo » Tue May 13, 2014 3:09 pm

'More woe for microsoft' - HalyconDaze00

~

I'm not an XBox One owner or collector, but from an outsider perspective it seems like such a shame that Kinect has been all-but-dismissed so soon. There's still potential for many fresh, creative and accessible experiences using Kinect on XBox One, but I can't imagine that the scope nor diversity of these will go much beyond the Kinect Sports Rivals blueprint. Just my view.
Image

User avatar
RodimusPrime
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by RodimusPrime » Tue May 13, 2014 4:20 pm

gman72 wrote:And now follows the ironic backlash to the backlash in which loads of people now list the reasons it is a bad decision to drop the Kinect, that in fact it's quite good and that Microsoft are remarkably stupid for listening to consumers in order to try and improve console sales.

This. Is it just a desire to complain and find fault or something.

I did not like the Kinect being added, and I think its a good idea to remove it. At least I am consistant, but a lot of people who censored on MS for including it, are now bashing them for removing it.

At least it shows up the people who were just using any reason to complain.

User avatar
Joey
Posts: 3842
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:45 pm
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by Joey » Tue May 13, 2014 4:59 pm

Also buried in that announcement is the removal of the barrier for Netflix etc. behind the gold subscription.

An excellent move, albeit 5 years late!
Image

User avatar
gman72
Posts: 8018
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: UK. Norfolk

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by gman72 » Tue May 13, 2014 5:03 pm

TheNewMonkey wrote:The game share thing is apparently all legit and Microsoft are aware of it from the bits I've read on various forums

All you need to do is sign into a friends xbone with your gamer tag then go to the setting and click 'make this my home console' , your friend then does the same on your console and that's it, when you next sign back into your own console you will be able to get anything from there download history :)

Me and a friend have did this and can now both play Titanfall & Killer Instinct together online! It's a quality little feature that is going to cut my xbone gaming bill in half ;)
Is this legit? My friends at work are trying this tonight and seem to keep getting the message that they need the actual disc, this being the case... What's the point?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

User avatar
RetroBob
Posts: 3255
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:48 pm

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by RetroBob » Tue May 13, 2014 7:07 pm

Roo wrote:'More woe for microsoft' - HalyconDaze00

~

I'm not an XBox One owner or collector, but from an outsider perspective it seems like such a shame that Kinect has been all-but-dismissed so soon. There's still potential for many fresh, creative and accessible experiences using Kinect on XBox One, but I can't imagine that the scope nor diversity of these will go much beyond the Kinect Sports Rivals blueprint. Just my view.
LOL of course not, Microsoft ≠ Nintendo.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

User avatar
TheNewMonkey
Posts: 1997
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by TheNewMonkey » Wed May 14, 2014 4:52 am

gman72 wrote:
TheNewMonkey wrote:The game share thing is apparently all legit and Microsoft are aware of it from the bits I've read on various forums

All you need to do is sign into a friends xbone with your gamer tag then go to the setting and click 'make this my home console' , your friend then does the same on your console and that's it, when you next sign back into your own console you will be able to get anything from there download history :)

Me and a friend have did this and can now both play Titanfall & Killer Instinct together online! It's a quality little feature that is going to cut my xbone gaming bill in half ;)
Is this legit? My friends at work are trying this tonight and seem to keep getting the message that they need the actual disc, this being the case... What's the point?
Disc based games wont work, it works off download history.

ive got Titanfall, Ki Ultra, Ki Classic, Peggle 2, Trials Fusion, Fifa 14, Strider in my account therefore my mate can download all of them for free & I can download all the games off his account free if you see what I mean :)
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

User avatar
pantal00ns
Posts: 3647
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Waaayy down south

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by pantal00ns » Wed May 14, 2014 7:19 am

RodimusPrime wrote:
gman72 wrote:And now follows the ironic backlash to the backlash in which loads of people now list the reasons it is a bad decision to drop the Kinect, that in fact it's quite good and that Microsoft are remarkably stupid for listening to consumers in order to try and improve console sales.

This. Is it just a desire to complain and find fault or something.

I did not like the Kinect being added, and I think its a good idea to remove it. At least I am consistant, but a lot of people who censored on MS for including it, are now bashing them for removing it.

At least it shows up the people who were just using any reason to complain.
Just got an email from game advertising this, didn't notice at first it was without Kinect.

Personally I don't really play games enough anymore to justify another console purchase.

That being said I see this move as a positive thing, should I wish to buy an Xbox one I now have more options!

User avatar
Fightersmegamix
Posts: 3425
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 1:41 pm

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu May 15, 2014 11:57 am

I'm not sure the games with gold is a great idea. I didn't mind paying for an online service as long as the money went into servers, updates and technical gubbins that make things work. I don't really want to pay for rental of games I'm not interested in. I'm sure most people will see it as value for money as you now get games as well, but this assumes microsoft are taking a hit with profits and are giving are giving away free games to compete with sony. They could just keep the profit margins and cut spending in the background somewhere.

Also is giving away arcade titles a good idea? The idea is these are smaller games that allow for new ideas and gameplay you wouldn't get in a full title, won't people just stop buying smaller games if they think they will be free soon? Who would buy the likes of powerstar golf at this point when microsoft need to find two games a month as giveaways?

User avatar
gman72
Posts: 8018
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: UK. Norfolk

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by gman72 » Thu May 15, 2014 1:59 pm

My view is simple, if they wish to give me a free game I'm gonna take it and not think too deeply on the ifs and buts... Also Far Cry 4 coming to new and last gen in November.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

User avatar
sscott
Posts: 13160
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:26 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by sscott » Fri May 16, 2014 6:10 pm

gman72 wrote:My view is simple, if they wish to give me a free game I'm gonna take it and not think too deeply on the ifs and buts... Also Far Cry 4 coming to new and last gen in November.
Really enjoyed Far Cry 3 so looking forward to this.
Image

User avatar
gman72
Posts: 8018
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: UK. Norfolk

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by gman72 » Wed May 21, 2014 12:44 pm

Yeah apart from that awful promo art of the pink suit dude. :lol:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

User avatar
Fightersmegamix
Posts: 3425
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 1:41 pm

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by Fightersmegamix » Thu May 22, 2014 8:50 am

Just started dead rising 3, big grin on my face so far :)

There are reports of people having trouble getting a game on titanfall, not sure who these idiots are, there seem to be loads of people playing whenever I go on.

User avatar
Joey
Posts: 3842
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:45 pm
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by Joey » Thu May 22, 2014 9:13 am

Fightersmegamix wrote:
There are reports of people having trouble getting a game on titanfall, not sure who these idiots are, there seem to be loads of people playing whenever I go on.
This was regarding the PC version. They have removed the CTF an Pilot Hunter modes from the menu as barely anyone was playing them and you would constantly sit in a lobby that would never populate.
Image

User avatar
gman72
Posts: 8018
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm
Location: UK. Norfolk

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by gman72 » Sat May 24, 2014 8:09 pm

For any of you Xbox 1 owners interested you can watch people playing Watchdogs on Twitch right now as some got their copies early. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

User avatar
sscott
Posts: 13160
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:26 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by sscott » Sat May 24, 2014 8:16 pm

gman72 wrote:For any of you Xbox 1 owners interested you can watch people playing Watchdogs on Twitch right now as some got their copies early. :D
A shop in Sheffield was selling them today over the counter, I won't say which.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests