XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ZeroCipher

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by ZeroCipher » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:38 pm

Just finished Sunset Overdrive today, I thought it was really fun.

I picked it up for only $25 and it was worth every cent.
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:49 am

Bought sleeping dogs definitive edition, what a crap port! Almost feel sick every time i turn the camera, I've traded it straight back in, wonder if the ps4 versions any better?
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:40 am

As i understand it its a shoddy port full stop. Play it on 360/PS3 thats where it shines. A very bad example of HD updates which can be a joy when done properly, but not in this case. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:47 am

gman72 wrote:As i understand it its a shoddy port full stop. Play it on 360/PS3 thats where it shines. A very bad example of HD updates which can be a joy when done properly, but not in this case. :D
Yeah, I heard the same thing. The PC port is great as well if your computer can handle it. Its one of those games that look amazing when raining/at night.

A game I'd recommend for Xbox One (or PS4, where I'm playing it) is Shadow Warrior. Its an old school FPS game, loads of enemies to kill, awesome katana sword attacks and its incredibly fast paced. Its up there with Wolfenstein as far as my most fun FPS games so far this gen.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:31 pm

ShadowMan wrote:
gman72 wrote:As i understand it its a shoddy port full stop. Play it on 360/PS3 thats where it shines. A very bad example of HD updates which can be a joy when done properly, but not in this case. :D
Yeah, I heard the same thing. The PC port is great as well if your computer can handle it. Its one of those games that look amazing when raining/at night.

A game I'd recommend for Xbox One (or PS4, where I'm playing it) is Shadow Warrior. Its an old school FPS game, loads of enemies to kill, awesome katana sword attacks and its incredibly fast paced. Its up there with Wolfenstein as far as my most fun FPS games so far this gen.
Thats on the PC aswell (shadow warrior), I think saw it for something silly like 3 quid on Steam. I didn't buy it because I thought it must be crap, I'll look out for it now then.
Scott me up beamie!

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Although it could end up one of those games with gold freebies...
Scott me up beamie!

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:09 am

The free indie garbage Microsoft are putting out for GwG just gets worse and worse. Can't believe the full price of this month's freebie is supposed to be £14.99.
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

Joey

Post by Joey » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:02 pm

I picked up a digital code for Assasins Creed Black Flag from one of those grey market reseller sites for the bargain price of £2.99.

Not played a game in the series before as a hate stealth games but that mechanic seems to be pretty light so far.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:46 am

What's with the Titanfall DLC going free? Was this always a planned move or is it a mistake? Or indeed, has it always been free? I just don't know. Saw it on the marketplace and I'm wondering what the DLC strategy with this game is (or was).

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:34 pm

Boy, oh, boy, am I looking forward to Elite Dangerous? I was enthusing about this game when its PC release was incoming - way before it was even announced for Xbox One - and now its gonna be an exclusive (timed probably) to Microsofts console I could not be happier. 2015 is the only time frame with regards to the release mentioned so far but I feel this game could be epic. I loved the 8bit game on various formats and the PC gamers that have been playing this seem to be enjoying it so bring it on. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Joey

Post by Joey » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:57 pm

The Beans wrote:What's with the Titanfall DLC going free? Was this always a planned move or is it a mistake? Or indeed, has it always been free? I just don't know. Saw it on the marketplace and I'm wondering what the DLC strategy with this game is (or was).
Well not too long ago they sold the full game + all DLC for a tenner so I suppose it's just trying to get more people on board.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:18 pm

Joey wrote:
The Beans wrote:What's with the Titanfall DLC going free? Was this always a planned move or is it a mistake? Or indeed, has it always been free? I just don't know. Saw it on the marketplace and I'm wondering what the DLC strategy with this game is (or was).
Well not too long ago they sold the full game + all DLC for a tenner so I suppose it's just trying to get more people on board.
Hmm, might get some new punters in for sure. Also might be coming as a freebie on GwG. Although usual strategy is to bump the main game out as a freeb but leave DLC at normal price, so who knows?

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:28 pm

Titanfall DLC is permanently free on XO, 360 and PC as a celebration of the game's anniversary. Confirmed on game's official site.

Scratch_Porkings

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:15 pm

gman72 wrote:Boy, oh, boy, am I looking forward to Elite Dangerous? I was enthusing about this game when its PC release was incoming - way before it was even announced for Xbox One - and now its gonna be an exclusive (timed probably) to Microsofts console I could not be happier. 2015 is the only time frame with regards to the release mentioned so far but I feel this game could be epic. I loved the 8bit game on various formats and the PC gamers that have been playing this seem to be enjoying it so bring it on. :D

I just can't wait for this, I've got it going on my old laptop but it's abit ropey. I've also installed it on my son's gaming rig, oh my god! So beautiful. It's seriously one of the best games ever and I can't wait to re-buy And play it on my lovely big telly.
Scott me up beamie!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:20 am

Elite Dangerous... ... ... ... ... Elite Dangerous... ... ... ...

DID I MENTION ELITE DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry :wink: