XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Joey

Re: XB1 Owners / Collectors Thread

Post by Joey » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:17 pm

Did anyone else take advantage of the nice Titanfall offer on the dashboard over the weekend? It was £10 for the game and all 3 map packs!

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:54 am

Hahar! Terraria has had a tasty zoom funtion patched in! Which makes the game GREAT ONCE MORE on the XO! :D

This and the fact Pinball Arcade on the One isn't the bugged and rougharse mess it is on the PS4 almost makes up for Sony's new kit absolutely TROUNCING the XO when it comes to quality indies. But not quite.

I'm on two platforms this gen! Yin and Yang, Jekhyl and Hyde, Hale and Pace. Sonny and Cher. I'm just not comfortable with it. Something's gotta give. :shock:
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:23 am

The word is gay, it's gay, you are gay about the whole thing. I'm only gay for the XO at the moment.

the1980gamer

Post by the1980gamer » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:27 pm

I'm going to be actively collecting for the X1 as I've never collected for a modern console before and I'm sick of missing out on all the good games or ones that become mega rare or expensive in years to come.
Also unlike all the other consoles I own I have set myself a rule that I will never sell or trade any games (and I'm sticking to it this time)
As you lose so much money in the long term that could have been spent on more games.
Although I never traded in stuff that many times I always regret it afterwards, also my boys know they are not to trade anything as well.

What are you guys thoughts on dragon age inquisition and shadow of mordor, has anyone played them ?
check out my youtube channel at, http://www.youtube.com/user/the1980gamer

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:42 pm

the1980gamer wrote:
What are you guys thoughts on dragon age inquisition and shadow of mordor, has anyone played them ?
I'm saving these two for the inevitable early new year games drought. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

TheNewMonkey

Post by TheNewMonkey » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:47 pm

just completed Never Alone, decent little puzzle/platform game, anyone else played it?

its a bit like Limbo but in white :lol:
3DS FC 4596-9477-3816

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:19 pm

Joey wrote:Did anyone else take advantage of the nice Titanfall offer on the dashboard over the weekend? It was £10 for the game and all 3 map packs!
Hmm, the dashboard game discounts and gold offers are easy to miss, Metal Gear Solid V is going for about £6 right now.

the1980gamer

Post by the1980gamer » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:28 pm

Popped Into cex today and can't believe how cheap some of the xo games are.
Picked up titanfall £12 and metro redux £18.
I'll be picking up Diablo 3 ros after Xmas even though I already have it on PS3 it's such a great game
And not the sort of rpg I normally play (more a skyrim/fallout fan)

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:33 pm

the1980gamer wrote: I'll be picking up Diablo 3 ros after Xmas even though I already have it on PS3 it's such a great game
Dragon Age: Inquisition is an essential purchase if you're into the big rpg thing.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:47 pm

The Beans wrote:
the1980gamer wrote: I'll be picking up Diablo 3 ros after Xmas even though I already have it on PS3 it's such a great game
Dragon Age: Inquisition is an essential purchase if you're into the big rpg thing.
Is it 'sell GTA5 if you still aren't into it and buy Dragon Age' good? Serious question because now I've done FC4? I was going to go and try my hardest with GTA5 ...... but could easily be convinced to bin it and get Dragon Age.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:03 pm

koopa42 wrote:
The Beans wrote:
Is it 'sell GTA5 if you still aren't into it and buy Dragon Age' good? Serious question because now I've done FC4? I was going to go and try my hardest with GTA5 ...... but could easily be convinced to bin it and get Dragon Age.
The game is excellent. But this is what you'll do: you'll buy DA: Inquisition, play it for ten minutes, realise it isn't exactly the same as Oblivion or Skyrim, moan about that fact and then play Skyrim.

DA is open world but you have to unlock or uncover new areas. It's third person only. It's party based. It can be very tactical on higher difficulties. I'd tell any fan of the genre to get this game but you're really just a fan of Fallout 3, Oblivion or Skyrim so caution is advised. Watch some Uploads of people playing it in the XO store before you dive in.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:08 pm

Hmmmmm, that's good advice, I do like to moan. I'll give GTA5 some more time first.

the1980gamer

Post by the1980gamer » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:51 pm

koopa42 wrote:
The Beans wrote:
I love gta and have every one except the game boy version.
Gta online is fun with friends/crew members and the extra stuff I get for owning the first game (on PS3 ) is nice plus the new features (1st person) and added single player things like the murder mysteries (Michaels character) makes it worth while playing it again.

As for dragon age, the first two on 360 didn't interest me but then neither did Diablo until I played it.
I'm trying new types of genre because I think I've missed out on a lot of great games over the years.

the1980gamer

Post by the1980gamer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:30 pm

Two more for the collection.

AC 4 black flag
The evil within

the1980gamer

Post by the1980gamer » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:51 pm

Just wolfenstein the new order £15 from cex.