Assassins Creed Black Flag

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

User avatar
Trixta
Posts: 506
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:18 am

Re: Assassins Creed Black Flag

Post by Trixta » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:12 am

For me, it was the best assassins creed game since brotherhood
Image
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

User avatar
crusto
Posts: 5586
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Assassins Creed Black Flag

Post by crusto » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:51 pm

djcarlos wrote:I'm a huge AC fan - the only reason I haven't bought Black Flag yet is that I'm not sure whether to wait until I get a PS4?

Is the PS4 version much different to the PS3? Start-of-gen vs end-of gen......
Check out this vid..

For me there's quite a lot of difference in places, especially the scene at the beginning. But not so much difference in others.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/11/14/ass ... -360-wii-u
Image

Eat your nans pants

User avatar
Mancman
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 11:58 am
Location: Stockport

Re: Assassins Creed Black Flag

Post by Mancman » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:45 am

Not played Assassins Creed since part 2, however I'm absolutely loving Black Flag at the moment. There is just so much to see and do, I play this for hours on end till the wife tells me off :lol:

Well done Ubisoft!

User avatar
crusto
Posts: 5586
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Assassins Creed Black Flag

Post by crusto » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:49 pm

Yeah I've got to agree. I've just switched it off after an absolute marathon session that started at around 9 this morning! I'm loving the diving missions, the sea battles etc etc. It's by far the best for me. Like you say, there's just so much to see and do. I've hardly scratched the map ffs!
Image

Eat your nans pants

User avatar
Dave300
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:29 am
Location: Leicester, UK.

Re: Assassins Creed Black Flag

Post by Dave300 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:54 am

crusto wrote:Yeah I've got to agree. I've just switched it off after an absolute marathon session that started at around 9 this morning! I'm loving the diving missions, the sea battles etc etc. It's by far the best for me. Like you say, there's just so much to see and do. I've hardly scratched the map ffs!
:) have you taken down any forts yet?
I got a bit annoyed with the diving missions because at standard gamma settings I couldn't see a thing once I'd swam into a tunnel, but if I turned the settings up it was much better (as long as I remembered to turn them back down again before I surfaced and blinded myself!)
Image

User avatar
crusto
Posts: 5586
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Assassins Creed Black Flag

Post by crusto » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:33 am

Dave300 wrote:
crusto wrote:Yeah I've got to agree. I've just switched it off after an absolute marathon session that started at around 9 this morning! I'm loving the diving missions, the sea battles etc etc. It's by far the best for me. Like you say, there's just so much to see and do. I've hardly scratched the map ffs!
:) have you taken down any forts yet?
I got a bit annoyed with the diving missions because at standard gamma settings I couldn't see a thing once I'd swam into a tunnel, but if I turned the settings up it was much better (as long as I remembered to turn them back down again before I surfaced and blinded myself!)
I've done just the one so far, and they are tricky. I'm concentrating on powering up my ship for a while before I attempt another.
Image

Eat your nans pants

User avatar
Dave300
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:29 am
Location: Leicester, UK.

Re: Assassins Creed Black Flag

Post by Dave300 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:57 am

crusto wrote:
Dave300 wrote:
crusto wrote:Yeah I've got to agree. I've just switched it off after an absolute marathon session that started at around 9 this morning! I'm loving the diving missions, the sea battles etc etc. It's by far the best for me. Like you say, there's just so much to see and do. I've hardly scratched the map ffs!
:) have you taken down any forts yet?
I got a bit annoyed with the diving missions because at standard gamma settings I couldn't see a thing once I'd swam into a tunnel, but if I turned the settings up it was much better (as long as I remembered to turn them back down again before I surfaced and blinded myself!)
I've done just the one so far, and they are tricky. I'm concentrating on powering up my ship for a while before I attempt another.
cool - remember the map will tell you how easy/hard each fort is to take over. I normally pound them with mortar from a distance and then do quick drive-bys with some broadside.
Image

User avatar
Mancman
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 11:58 am
Location: Stockport

Re: Assassins Creed Black Flag

Post by Mancman » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:49 am

I've done the first fort that was part of the main story mission and after that chose to attack one with medium difficulty, I got totally destroyed!

Now working on my ship up grades :wink:

On another note, I have to say the little mini trading games are terrific and well worth investing time in, I find it gives an even bigger purpose to taking on bigger ships in the great big ocean.

User avatar
Scratch_Porkings
Posts: 777
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:27 am
Location: Eastbourne

Re: Assassins Creed Black Flag

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:39 am

I think I've stopped umming and arring. This new one sounds quite cool.
Scott me up beamie!

User avatar
crusto
Posts: 5586
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Assassins Creed Black Flag

Post by crusto » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:47 pm

^ It's a big return to form imo, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Dave300 wrote:
cool - remember the map will tell you how easy/hard each fort is to take over. I normally pound them with mortar from a distance and then do quick drive-bys with some broadside.
Only got two left to take down now, it's been a busy Sunday! The ship is coming along nicely and I've just captured and added my first man o war to the fleet. Plus the main story has picked up the pace a little and taken its usual sinister arc. Abstergo are up to no good again lol.

Cracking game.
Image

Eat your nans pants

User avatar
SoupDragon
Posts: 2087
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:20 pm
Location: Carmarthenshire, Wales

Re: Assassins Creed Black Flag

Post by SoupDragon » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:32 pm

I didn't 'get' the AC games (save the first one for some reason) but borrowed Black Flag from a mate and really got into it :D Great game in my humble opinion.
Image

User avatar
RetroMartin
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Assassins Creed Black Flag

Post by RetroMartin » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:31 pm

My second fave overall however what lets it down is the social chest/white whale/royal convoy crap on ps4, it just doesn't happen for me, I am stuck at 98% and have just two white whales harpooned, hate things that are easy but require luck!
Image

PSN username - MartinPhantom

User avatar
crusto
Posts: 5586
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Assassins Creed Black Flag

Post by crusto » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:04 pm

I finished it over the weekend. Great experience, I'm just a bit lost with the story. I'm gonna see if there's an option to view all the cutscenes at once. My memory is pap lol.

I'm at around 60 odd percent so there's plenty left to do. I want to defeat a legendary ship so it will be a case of some treasure hunting for my final upgrades....
Image

Eat your nans pants

User avatar
Scratch_Porkings
Posts: 777
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:27 am
Location: Eastbourne

Re: Assassins Creed Black Flag

Post by Scratch_Porkings » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:27 pm

Yay got black flag on me xbone and am enjoying assassins creed again. I love the change of pace between different segments of the game, I think that's what makes it.
Scott me up beamie!

User avatar
killbot
Posts: 4824
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 5:36 am

Re: Assassins Creed Black Flag

Post by killbot » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:55 pm

Scratch_Porkings wrote:Yay got black flag on me xbone and am enjoying assassins creed again. I love the change of pace between different segments of the game, I think that's what makes it.
I finished it on Wii U a few weeks ago and to be honest I had a blast. I played the first Assassin's Creed on the PC but found it boring and gave up after a few hours. I bought the second one but never really bothered with it, and though I did play AC3 to completion I still found it a bit of a slog. So I wasn't really fussed about ACIV but actually I really enjoyed it - the pirate flavour really adds to the feel and it was a lot less po-faced than the earlier games in the series (especially 3).

I'm interested to see where they'll go next, whether they'll stick with pirates or go for something new. Surely at some point we need a game where we find out Robin Hood was an Assassin? Stalking through the forest robbing travellers, saving people from the gallows, storming castles... it writes itself, surely?
Image

You can buy my book here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfshead-ebook ... =wolfshead

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, GB, GBC, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS, MS, MD, Saturn, DC, GG, Xbox, 360

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests