Dark Souls 2

Discuss and discover all the great games of yesteryear!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

crusto

Re: Dark Souls 2

Post by crusto » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:19 pm

I purposely stayed away from the reviews but couldn't resist after hearing mine had been dispatched. Now I'm totally hyped, extremely positive from what I've read.

Can't wait to play this, the next play through "project" for me and my son....

Eat your nans pants

Lost Dragon

Post by Lost Dragon » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:47 pm

Had a 'dabble' earlier.Nice so far...had my arse handed to me by mob attackers and some cyclops hippo thing.Online (in terms of calling in 'shades' to help out seemed hit n miss-loads of summon signs on floor, but they seemed like buses, 1 minute sat there waiting, nothing came, then had 2 'shades' fighting with me.

Had hoped they'd show me where to go, but they seemed as lost as i was.

crusto

Post by crusto » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:26 pm

Lost Dragon wrote:Had a 'dabble' earlier.Nice so far...had my arse handed to me by mob attackers and some cyclops hippo thing.Online (in terms of calling in 'shades' to help out seemed hit n miss-loads of summon signs on floor, but they seemed like buses, 1 minute sat there waiting, nothing came, then had 2 'shades' fighting with me.

Had hoped they'd show me where to go, but they seemed as lost as i was.
Shades? Not the normal blue summon signs then?

Eat your nans pants

Lost Dragon

Post by Lost Dragon » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:52 pm

Looks like Shades can only stay in your realm for set period of time Crusto, summon signs appear as you'd expect.

Trixta

Post by Trixta » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:03 pm

Lost Dragon wrote:Looks like Shades can only stay in your realm for set period of time Crusto, summon signs appear as you'd expect.

depends which white sign they use, small is 5mins large is 30mins (I think). I tend to keep dropping them at the start of a new area, that way I can check the place out without worrying about loss on death.

Anyway so far nothing has felt overly unfair, tho a certain trio of bosses was a real pain in the arse.
psn- jason_trixta
wii u - trixtaa
twitter - @jason_trixta

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:23 am

I'm proud to admit that so far (after a very quick internet search),

'I am the only person to be killed by the three little pigs in Majula'

And it is all down to my 35 years of playing videogames experience...

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:30 pm

I had a good start, went 3.5 hours without dying and managed to beat the 'last giant' boss in the process. Don't be fooled though, it quickly ramps up. I'm strugging in no mans wharf at the moment. It feels a lot more like demons souls than dark souls, levelling up with the widow woman, the hub and feel of seperate areas rather than one big world.

Early tip, hit the rock on the well in the hub town.

crusto

Post by crusto » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:28 pm

Lost Dragon has been unusually quiet today. I wander what he's been up to........ :D

Eat your nans pants

Lost Dragon

Post by Lost Dragon » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:39 pm

Fightersmegamix wrote:I had a good start, went 3.5 hours without dying and managed to beat the 'last giant' boss in the process. Don't be fooled though, it quickly ramps up. I'm strugging in no mans wharf at the moment. It feels a lot more like demons souls than dark souls, levelling up with the widow woman, the hub and feel of seperate areas rather than one big world.

Early tip, hit the rock on the well in the hub town.
Just encountered The Last Giant and i had 2 Phantom's fighting alongside me.He wiped the floor with all 3 of us!.

Had a 'good' day though, after me bimbling yesterday, opened up a few short cuts, got a decent weapon, levelled up a bit, now i'm feeling game proper.Did the well attack as well...

Fast travel from start to bonfires you've found improves game greatly for myself.

Lost Dragon

Post by Lost Dragon » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:40 pm

crusto wrote:Lost Dragon has been unusually quiet today. I wander what he's been up to........ :D
Slept like a lord then started playing D.S II proper mate.You will love it!.

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Kilb wrote:I'm proud to admit that so far (after a very quick internet search),

'I am the only person to be killed by the three little pigs in Majula'

And it is all down to my 35 years of playing videogames experience...
I was almost killed by hose things lost so much health there. Walked up to them thinking piece of cake and ended up running for my life. In the end one of them fell down that big hole and the other two put up a bit of a fight but I ended up killing them.

Lost Dragon

Post by Lost Dragon » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:11 pm

:? What did you guys choose as your 'gift' item at start of the game?.I went for the petrified lump (which may prove useful) but was tempted by those seeds...damn From Software, i know at least 1 'gift' is going to be a red herring.... :lol:

Fightersmegamix

Post by Fightersmegamix » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:37 am

I went for the HP ring, safe choice.

Got past the wharf and past the ghost ship. It's only been a weekend but this game has its claws in me now :) I'm playing as a female knight, using a giant sword at the moment with a strength build.

Lost Dragon

Post by Lost Dragon » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:13 am

Fightersmegamix wrote:I went for the HP ring, safe choice.

Got past the wharf and past the ghost ship. It's only been a weekend but this game has its claws in me now :) I'm playing as a female knight, using a giant sword at the moment with a strength build.
:lol: Odds are i 'f**ked up' with my choice of item...

Took down Last Giant last night, but used all the Human Eff's that restore me to human, shopkeeper lass sold out, so i be on me Han Solo for a good while in.So far no-one i've summoned seems to have any idea where hidden stuff is, they just fight alongside me, which is cool, but on Demon's there were numerous areas i'd never have got through without a guiding hand from a fellow player.

Lost Dragon

Post by Lost Dragon » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:08 pm

:D Outstanding couple hrs play.

Took out The Pursuer (or Cylon Knight as i called him (?) ) in under 30 seconds-let my 2 phantoms distract him/keep him busy, whilst i legged it to the giant crossbow and took him out with 2 shots.

Now (thanks to a fecking great bird) in the Lost Bastille.

Loving game, just loving it.....